Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Sir the software is designed by the same person the only difference is the start rpm thats all .As for being linear and cooler it all depends on the motor you run and the gearing you choose nothing to do with the esc and its software.

The day you run the climate changes during the day so you readings will be diffferent all the time .
people at speed passion cant wait any longer with the new rpm log esc firmware, is it ready?
Here newpeople cant wait any longer, and switch to gm genius caused it has every thing including rpm log. And some of them taking novak cause it has the temp log,
we keep loosing customer, for these features.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dameetz
I m posting this on behalf of a friend of mine coz nothing that we do seems to solve the problem.

My friend has been using Hobbywing Xtreme Stock combo with Hobbywing 11.5T motor for the past 2 weeks which include 1 race day. For the past 4 days he's having problem with the esc somehow loosing the turbo function, its more like its switching to sensorless mode by it self. First 2-3 laps it was fine, after that the car was just crawling, then all of the sudden the Turbo is there again. This happened on and off during 5 mins drive. The ESC and Motor's temp was normal (esc 40C ish and motor 60C ish).

What have we done so far to solve the problem:

1. Change the sensor wire (a few time already which include a new one)
2. Calibrate the throttle (set to 100% during calibrating then bump it up to full 140% EPA)
3. Reflash the 518 stock firmware (twice now)

BUT the problem is still there Anyone got any more idea on what to do?
To me it seems to be a problem with your battery .Have you tried a different battery .

As for the esc going to sensoreless mode and that causing it to slow down doesnt seem right as there is no such thing i have heard it many times from people on this site but believe doesnt make sence .

The sensor wire basically is there to make sure the esc knows where the rotor is at any given time to produce 100% power to a single phase may it be A,B or C thats all .were the sensorless unit works by producing 100% to two phases as it has no hall sensors to know ehere the rotor position is thats all .

When a sensor wire is out it will not slow the car down but make it cog when is starts up thats all that could also be caused by phase A shorted mosfets nothing else .

The Capacitor network is used to equalise the battery voltage to the esc and not allow the battery to increase also there board protects from voltage spikes and radio interference .

So i suggest you have a careful look at your battery .

let me know how you go

regards ANgelo
Old 10-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by irgo
people at speed passion cant wait any longer with the new rpm log esc firmware, is it ready?
Here newpeople cant wait any longer, and switch to gm genius caused it has every thing including rpm log. And some of them taking novak cause it has the temp log,
we keep loosing customer, for these features.
Dear Sir

We are not speed passion just an oem designer and manufacturer for sp now if sp wants a rpm log then they must ask for it to be designed and programmed .

No one is losing customers as customers look for performance and reliabiltity.
and thats excatly what hobbywing offers .

The rpm log will be introduced in time .

thank you for your support

regards ANgelo
Old 10-29-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Dear Sir

We are not speed passion just an oem designer and manufacturer for sp now if sp wants a rpm log then they must ask for it to be designed and programmed .

No one is losing customers as customers look for performance and reliabiltity.
and thats excatly what hobbywing offers .

The rpm log will be introduced in time .

thank you for your support

regards ANgelo
but that would including hobbywing that we sold, since we present both, but they keep looking for gm an novak, instead of tekin, can you help us?
Old 10-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

but that would including hobbywing that we sold, since we present both, but they keep looking for gm an novak, instead of tekin, can you help us?
Still at it huh...
Old 10-30-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Still at it huh...
c'mon didn't you want it either for your gt2.0, support is needed, and this had been promises by the sp owner mr. Wilson for sept , but they keep delaying this one.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you have not noticed alot of things have been delayed with companies restructuring and the economy in the toilet. What once was planned may not seem like a worth wild venture now. Sounds like just being greedy to me no matter how much comes out we still want more. Like kids just never satisfied.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by dfiantii
If you have not noticed alot of things have been delayed with companies restructuring and the economy in the toilet. What once was planned may not seem like a worth wild venture now. Sounds like just being greedy to me no matter how much comes out we still want more. Like kids just never satisfied.
not greedy, but finding customer satisfaction, any way, rpm log should be old fashion if come to late, .. Since rpm log firmware is easier to build rather than supercharge or dmts, and rpm log firmware is the vestigial of those supercharge and dmts. Im just telling the truth. Def.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

not greedy, but finding customer satisfaction, any way, rpm log should be old fashion if come to late, .. Since rpm log firmware is easier to build rather than supercharge or dmts, and rpm log firmware is the vestigial of those supercharge and dmts. Im just telling the truth. Def.
Sir if it is so easy to build then become a business man build it and sell it..... Sounds like a great idea to me glad you thought of it..
Old 10-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 1s 17.5 setup

Hi all,
Sorry if my question has already been answered but I didn't see it. Just got a 120a 1s version speed control and am running it in 12th scale with a 17.5 LRP x-12 motor. A fellow racer was nice enough to help me out and has it running pretty quickly but I was interested to see what some other 17.5 guys are using for settings for comparison.

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 10-31-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

Is this the latest motor from HW? Looking for a 13.5T motor

Got this from the HW website ... just that, am not sure if the site is up to date ...

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-20101031-hw-sensored-motor-rctech.jpg

Last edited by chinaman; 11-08-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cherry2blost

can you post this pix again as am unable to enlarge the 2 setup screens ... many thanks
Old 10-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

How do I install an esc power cap? I assume I just solder it to the battery leads, but I wanna make sure.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chinaman
Is this the latest motor from HW? Looking for a 13.5T motor

Got this form the HW website ... just that, am not sure if the site is up to date ...

Attachment 660894
I have also seen pictures of a grey version which does not have holes.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

c'mon didn't you want it either for your gt2.0, support is needed, and this had been promises by the sp owner mr. Wilson for sept , but they keep delaying this one.
That is wilsons problem not mine or hobbywings .I have been helping speed passion customers now for over 6 months with technical help which im not oblidged to but i did it as i love r/c and love helping people .

If wilson has promised you this software please chase him it has nothing to do with hobbywing or myself .

I will still support the Sp guys with tech support but to be honest i dont have to as im part of hobbywing not sp .

If you have a problem with sp send them an email and chase them for what you need .

if sp doesnt support there customers with tech support you have two choices send them an email and demand the help or switch brands nothing else you can do .A product with no support is worthless

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.