Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by terryh
The light isn't very bright, and it's a little higher up so a little more difficult to see.

HTH

While on the subject, I'm planning on running zero timing this weekend and could do with some advise on a suitable FDR. The motor is a GM13.5t with a 12.5mm rotor. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Whatever FDR on zero timing with the 17.5T at least, is slow like a snail.
I'm on 3.7 with the 17.5 , i cannot go for a lower FDR and i'm disappointed Good luck with the 13.5
Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Whatever FDR on zero timing with the 17.5T at least, is slow like a snail.
I'm on 3.7 with the 17.5 , i cannot go for a lower FDR and i'm disappointed Good luck with the 13.5
FDR 3.7 for me is the limit for the 17.5 with NO TIMING.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the advantages for the xtreme stock esc vs the xerun 60a v2 besides size? The xerun speedos are readily available.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AGNO
FDR 3.7 for me is the limit for the 17.5 with NO TIMING.
AGNO,my track is a very big one (65m straight) and FDR 3.7 is the limit when we use the 518stock with turbo.I can't go with the No Timing soft.They'll eat me alive.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Born2Run
AGNO,my track is a very big one (65m straight) and FDR 3.7 is the limit when we use the 518stock with turbo.I can't go with the No Timing soft.They'll eat me alive.
WOW! 65 meters are many for a 17.5 no timing!
I have experience of over two years ago when I used the ESC without advance (Novak GTB, LRP TC spec) with 3.8 FRD and the engine easily reached 80° on the track of 40 meters and with temperatures low environment, FDR 3, 8 I've always considered an limit ...
Old 10-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by csracing
So if you bought a brand new speed control from company XYZ and it burned up the first time you used it and HW charged you extra to fix it because you bought it from a "non-approved" source you would be ok with that?

I tend to doubt that.

As long as mine works when I get it I'll be happy I guess. Sounds like I'll be on my own if it goes bad or has a problem.

CSR
All I'm saying is, wherever you bought it, you have to deal with there return/exchange policy. But if you send it out for repairs, since hobbywing is in china then you deal with whatever cost it needs to be repaired. I personally would probably just get a new one since they are well priced!
But take note that this ESC's are high quality!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AGNO
WOW! 65 meters are many for a 17.5 no timing!
I have experience of over two years ago when I used the ESC without advance (Novak GTB, LRP TC spec) with 3.8 FRD and the engine easily reached 80° on the track of 40 meters and with temperatures low environment, FDR 3, 8 I've always considered an limit ...
Unfortunately every track is not like Laurenziana :-( Our track was made for 1:5 :-(
Old 10-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
All I'm saying is, wherever you bought it, you have to deal with there return/exchange policy. But if you send it out for repairs, since hobbywing is in china then you deal with whatever cost it needs to be repaired. I personally would probably just get a new one since they are well priced!
But take note that this ESC's are high quality!
That's fine but HW has posted recently that ESCs that are purchased through "non-approved" sources will have an additional charge assessed at the time of repair essentially as a penalty to the buyer for buying from a non-approved vendor.

When I buy anything electronic nowadays there's a piece of paper right inside the box that says NOT to return the item to the store it was purchased from and to contact the manufacturer directly. The same holds true for any of the US based electronics we're using in our toy cars. When my Novak or Tekin product fails and is still under warranty, I go directly to the manufacturer. The retailer that I purchased through could care less that it went bad; nor should they as they aren't the one responsible for honoring the warranty, the manufacturer is.

As you stated, this is a disposable piece of equipment as there are no US repair facilities. Assuming nothing goes wrong with the speed control, the warranty process isn't an issue.

CSR
Old 10-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds good!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi Cobraracing,

Is there a standard when it comes to KV rating to winding? For example, most 13.5T motors I buy (Novak, TeamPowers, SpeedPassion) have a 3,100 - 3,200KV rating.

Looking at your chart, seems HW 10.5T = 13.5T (other brands). Seems HW motors are underpowered for competition since classifications are based on windings and not KV?

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi Cobraracing,

Is there a standard when it comes to KV rating to winding? For example, most 13.5T motors I buy (Novak, TeamPowers, SpeedPassion) have a 3,100 - 3,200KV rating.

Looking at your chart, seems HW 10.5T = 13.5T (other brands). Seems HW motors are underpowered for competition since classifications are based on windings and not KV?

Thanks.
In think that motors classified by # turns is better than kv. Motors with the same #turns will all have different power capabilities and power curves depending on the designs. The same thing with brushed motors. All 27t motors were different and you couldn't always tell how good it was by the dyno sheet. Depended on the dyno used.
I would look more to racers' experiences on this board.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by csracing
That's fine but HW has posted recently that ESCs that are purchased through "non-approved" sources will have an additional charge assessed at the time of repair essentially as a penalty to the buyer for buying from a non-approved vendor.

When I buy anything electronic nowadays there's a piece of paper right inside the box that says NOT to return the item to the store it was purchased from and to contact the manufacturer directly. The same holds true for any of the US based electronics we're using in our toy cars. When my Novak or Tekin product fails and is still under warranty, I go directly to the manufacturer. The retailer that I purchased through could care less that it went bad; nor should they as they aren't the one responsible for honoring the warranty, the manufacturer is.

As you stated, this is a disposable piece of equipment as there are no US repair facilities. Assuming nothing goes wrong with the speed control, the warranty process isn't an issue.

CSR
Hi mate

Let me correct you with the warranty issue As alot of dealer /distributors dont want to take responsabilty for the product but basically sell it to you and tell you bugger off .

Hobbywing works different they want you to return the product to the dealer/distributor and then they will determine if the esc is a warranty issue or not if it is they will replace it after there tests this is the reason why hobbywing is putting in place a distributor to do this job so you get your esc sooner than later .The distributor will determine who will be authorised and who wont be as the dealer and distributer must work together .

As for novak and tekin they can handle it themselves as they are based in the usa but as for hobbywing they are in china .

Our process is better and there will be esc at the distributors premises for exchange if they see that in fact it is a warranty issue .In Australia i dont wait for hobbywing to replace the esc's i determine if its a warranty or not as i am an electrical engineer and know electronics quite well and then i replace it as cannon he knows what im like if he tells me Angelo we have a problem then its fixed asap i trust the people i deal with.

I know with anything i have purchased in electronics and something goes wrong i always return the goods to the retailer then onto the distributor then its the distributors business do to send it back to factory thats the way it works that's why major retailers have large returns counters .Any retailer you go to and return your product to and they say send it to manufacturer then they are only passing the buck and i wouldnt go back to them again as they are not giving you the customer service and after sales servie you deserve .You have paid the retailer the money to purchase not the manufacturer and like i said with tekin and novak they are based in the us and its easier for them to service you direct .

I have attached the hobbywing card on this reply so you can understand hobbywings policy this way we eliminate the shonks of the industry who want to sell and grey import but not support you when something goes wrong .

anyway i hope you understand and like i have said many times on this forum if there is an issue please email me your concern im here to help you .

regards Angelo
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-hobbywing.jpg  
Old 10-02-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

How come my software advance window is only up to 12? no 13 to 15? bu on LCD card it has? Is this normal?
Old 10-02-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by izzyracer
How come my software advance window is only up to 12? no 13 to 15? bu on LCD card it has? Is this normal?
you seem to be talking about the led programmer right ? well the led unit was not meant to run to 13-15 as i have seen many beta software that show you how to do it but that was software that was never approved by hobbywing .It was created for speed passion for the led card but michael never approved the beta version .
Old 10-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi Cobraracing,

Thanks.
Because every motor brand is different in thickness of windings, resistance,number of magnetic poles the distance between each pole and many other factors not all motors are the same which inturn changes the kv ratings they are never accurate thats why roar and other governing bodies go by windings for approvals .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.