NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Silvialite
Hi bros,

I'm currently using a 7.5T SP motor. Should I be running the stock firmware with turbo or the mod firmware. Would the turbo kill my motor? I'm using it for drifting.
For drifting just use 205 or 323 firmware !
Old 05-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
any issues using a "Y" connector for the lcd to the ESC? To avoid constant removal from the ESC or the receiver? At some point we will wear out or damage those connections..
instead of a y connector, you can get the plugs and pins from a well known auction site for less than |£3 gbp delivered. cut your lead in half, crimp male and female ends and reconnect. then when you want to adjust your speedo unplug, straight into your led/lcd box, and no chance of damaging your speedo/reciever sockets, i did it and it works a treat.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by defcone
I'm running the 6th setting on timing with 10 deg. of timing on the motor can. By gearing up, you mean lower fdr?

My motor was only at 55 degrees Celcius and batteries came off at 7.6V with cutoff at 6.8V so I don't think it was any of those two.
the burst of power on supercharger is quite high, even if your cells came off at 7.6, they may be below or v.close to your cut off of 3.4 per cell. as far as im aware 3.0 volts per cell is ok. also if your boost start is low ie 3000 rpm the motor is labouring on some tracks and this needs to go up. the other way is full throttle delay, ie 0.2, try putting this up.
you dont say (or i missed) wot type of cells your running.i run ip interlect both 3800 and 5000 with 30c/35c with no problems
Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xrayal
instead of a y connector, you can get the plugs and pins from a well known auction site for less than |£3 gbp delivered. cut your lead in half, crimp male and female ends and reconnect. then when you want to adjust your speedo unplug, straight into your led/lcd box, and no chance of damaging your speedo/reciever sockets, i did it and it works a treat.
Interesting idea.

Do you have a pic please?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hobbywing,

Quick question please.

I use my car mainly for drifting, i'm currently swapping between 2 motors.
1/ XeRun 13.5T
2/ Speed Passion V3 10.5T

Because there is very little resistance in the drive train while drifting (as the wheels are effectively spinning all the time we're driving) what FDR would you recommend for these motors with th SC software at the advised settings for each motor?

What's your thoughts on gearing for drifting as well please?
Should i go with bigger pinion and gear for top speed to provide more resistance for the motor.

Or should i go for a smaller pinion and gear for acceleration?
If so how will this affect the motor/Esc having it what is essentially free spinning most the time?

Cheers
Mark
Old 05-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have a xerun 8.5t 120a esc combo with version 2 right now... can i update the firmware on this?? seems like all info is for other motors and not 8.5t?? i only have the LED program box also.. NOT the fancy LCD one... i am running it in a offroad HPI Blitz...

thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayal
the burst of power on supercharger is quite high, even if your cells came off at 7.6, they may be below or v.close to your cut off of 3.4 per cell. as far as im aware 3.0 volts per cell is ok. also if your boost start is low ie 3000 rpm the motor is labouring on some tracks and this needs to go up. the other way is full throttle delay, ie 0.2, try putting this up.
you dont say (or i missed) wot type of cells your running.i run ip interlect both 3800 and 5000 with 30c/35c with no problems
I have start rpm at 4000 (Or whatever it is one up from number 1) and have turbo delay set at 0, was running the SMC 5200/50C's.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bustanut666
i have a xerun 8.5t 120a esc combo with version 2 right now... can i update the firmware on this?? seems like all info is for other motors and not 8.5t?? i only have the LED program box also.. NOT the fancy LCD one... i am running it in a offroad HPI Blitz...

thanks
yes you can run it but you will not see much of a difference as you going into mod when running a 8.5T and yes you can run the led programmer .so you dont have to update using the firmware file usb link .just install the control files and setting thats it you will notice your led card will have 12 ,13 14,15 ect
Old 05-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
yes you can run it but you will not see much of a difference as you going into mod when running a 8.5T and yes you can run the led programmer .so you dont have to update using the firmware file usb link .just install the control files and setting thats it you will notice your led card will have 12 ,13 14,15 ect

ok.. thanks.. i guess there is really no advantage to update the firmware with a 8.5t motor then.... since those extra features won't make much of a difference...
Old 05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bustanut666
ok.. thanks.. i guess there is really no advantage to update the firmware with a 8.5t motor then.... since those extra features won't make much of a difference...
In order for you to update the ESC's firmware, you will need the LCD 2-in-1 box. If you only have the LED box, you cannot update the firmware.

However, once the new firmware has been updated, you can use either the LCD or LED to update the parameters on the ESC.

On your 8.5t motor question, actually you will see a big difference in speed between 'Supercharge' mode and 'Normal' mode when you are comparing the same motor.

I have tried 8.5 + Boost & turbo (another brand ESC, but similar technology) and the 8.5 can be as fast as 5.5. So a normal 8.5 setting will not keep pace with the 'Supercharged' 8.5. (this is for onroad)

A word of caution: With the supercharger features, your motor will be hotter than normal, so you will need to re-gear accordingly.

Also, Hobbywing does not recommend to use turbocharged features on motors faster than 10.5.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hardmankam
In order for you to update the ESC's firmware, you will need the LCD 2-in-1 box. If you only have the LED box, you cannot update the firmware.

However, once the new firmware has been updated, you can use either the LCD or LED to update the parameters on the ESC.

On your 8.5t motor question, actually you will see a big difference in speed between 'Supercharge' mode and 'Normal' mode when you are comparing the same motor.

I have tried 8.5 + Boost & turbo (another brand ESC, but similar technology) and the 8.5 can be as fast as 5.5. So a normal 8.5 setting will not keep pace with the 'Supercharged' 8.5. (this is for onroad)

A word of caution: With the supercharger features, your motor will be hotter than normal, so you will need to re-gear accordingly.

Also, Hobbywing does not recommend to use turbocharged features on motors faster than 10.5.
thanks guys... i am just gonna stick with the firmware i have now... don't feel like messing up anything at this point... runs too good right now.. maybe when i get bored..hahaha..
Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Had a great race last nite with the new HW software on my SP2.0LPF

I run on a short strack so i had to detune the turbo a bit but i found a nice balance of power.... Earlier in the day i had some fun melting some old tires out in the street

One thing to be carefull of with these turbo.supercharger settings is your tires. IF your shitty and gluing your tires.. Double check them, you can blow them out.. Saw some SC blowing out beadlocks and i blew out a bead on my buggy tires, probably from a bad glue job but the power did not help either.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gixer
Interesting idea.

Do you have a pic please?
photo is to large a file to upload, maybe able to email if you want, buts its quite simple to do, just cut your lead in half, crimp a male on one side and a female on the other. you get joiners in the bag of ends with male and female.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyone doing this with a 5.5 or low turn motor? would that be super stupid fast?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKL1031
anyone doing this with a 5.5 or low turn motor? would that be super stupid fast?
It would be stupid fast, till the turbo kicked in and obliterated your motor, then it would just be stupid

Don't run turbo options on any less turns than 8.5T!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.