Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

can anyone confirm that the new firmwear is ok to use ??? V1.61-BETA for my xerun 150 amp esc thanks
Old 05-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I have tryed it today on the 120 amp xerun series, but I think that it is usable for all the series. I'm Italian.

I've used T2'009 car model with 10,5T motor SpeedPassion ultrasportman fixed timing, and FDR 6,6.

I'm much happier than the SP Firmware. It have much more thrust out of corners, but it have a problem: if you set option 4 less than value 7 the turbo function does not work at all.
Motor temperatures much lower than the SP software.
I will work hard to understand this new firmware, but I am very confident and satisfied.

greetings Carmine
Old 05-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by @tomino
I have tryed it today on the 120 amp xerun series, but I think that it is usable for all the series. I'm Italian.

I've used T2'009 car model with 10,5T motor SpeedPassion ultrasportman fixed timing, and FDR 6,6.

I'm much happier than the SP Firmware. It have much more thrust out of corners, but it have a problem: if you set option 4 less than value 7 the turbo function does not work at all.
Motor temperatures much lower than the SP software.
I will work hard to understand this new firmware, but I am very confident and satisfied.

greetings Carmine
Too 'I've encountered the same problem below the value 7 in DRRS, I also noticed that the green LED does not light up when the throttle is at maximum, can be solved this problem?

Thanks Emanuele
Old 05-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Default EzRun 60A V2 Firmware

Hello Hobbywing and fellow Rc racers.

Can someone point me to a firmware compatible with my EzRun 60A V2 ESC?
Is such a firmware available?

Crusadores aka Stef.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Howdy all, Ran the 422 firmware today and I must say I'm way impressed. On the whole I was able to keep the tekin's at bay most of the day and was able to improve my PB times by 0.5 of a second.

So I thought I would share my settings and what I reckon I will try next week.
  • Motor: 17.5T Trinity Nemisis
  • FDR: 81/28 = 6.27
  • ESC settings: See attached screen cap.
  • Temps: I was averaging 72-76C

I way impressed and from what I hear the Hobbywing guys are making great head way with not yet released updates... CAN'T WAIT
Old 05-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Micro_Racer
Question regarding the new software...

a bunch of us in the Ohio area have experimented with the HW 1/18th scale ESC's - the:
EzRun-18A-SL Brushless ESC for 1/18 Car (Version 2) and
EZRUN-25A-L Brushless ESC for 1/18 Car (Version 2)

using 4 cell 4.8v and a 4200Kv motor. The ESC is great but both the Tekin Mini Rage and the Castle Micro Pro can push the timing past the 26.5 limitation of the HW. Will this software update affect the 1/18th ESC in sensor-less mode? Will the HW match the speed and performance of the Tekin and Castle 1/18th scale ESC's?

Thank you
HW - any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

what ever you guys have done, its worked and could well bring HW & SP to the forefront of stock racing.

Very nice, very smooth delivery. fast and the motor runs a lot cooler - even on higher settings than I ran on 324 and earlier versions.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Cool

Well, we ran the new software today. I was up against 5700kv MMs and lord knows what else. But with my Novak 13.5 & the new turbo software, I was faster than most, and as fast as the rest. I TQd & won the main, but only after the top gun at this track broke. His car was handling better than mine, but he broke & I had the lead from that point on.
Needless to say, I am very pleased with the upgrade!
Old 05-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

I ran it today too, in a 235mm pan car with 2s lipo and Ballistic 10.5, using a 120A v2. I used the recommended settings at first, and speed and punch were great and on-par with the "other guys". The neatest thing was how cool the motor stayed - I didn't bother temping it as it was just barely warm to the touch. I use the other brand of speedo in my touring car and it can really heat up.

For the last race I bumped DRRS, timing and supercharger up one notch each and the power and torque were through the roof. The infield punch was especially great, and temps were again surprisingly low. Nice work.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

So I need the ESC and this:

Advanced Professional LCD Program Box

to perform the upgrade?

Also, is the "blue spirit" edition the same thing?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, any advice about weak brakes. I've got it with both LRP X11 10.5 and SP v3 13.5. I was adviced to use reverse to brake, but by rules reverse is forbidden, so I don't want to get into troubles if someone would like test my car on bench.
Other than that I'm happy with it - it's very fast - just braking is keeping me back now.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lochness42
Hi guys, any advice about weak brakes. I've got it with both LRP X11 10.5 and SP v3 13.5. I was adviced to use reverse to brake, but by rules reverse is forbidden, so I don't want to get into troubles if someone would like test my car on bench.
Other than that I'm happy with it - it's very fast - just braking is keeping me back now.
in your settings increase barke strength to max as well as reverse to max.
Then recalibrate radio and esc and you should be sorted.

With the 422 the brakes is strong.
I ran this weekend with a V2 17.5 against 13.5's and managed to qualify 3rd and get 2nd place . This on a fairly tight track with a very short straight so didnt use supercharge but the esc had plenty of rip and pace.
I ran as per the default settings on a 6.7 gear ratio.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Adept

I too realized the brakes were not strong, even at 75%, so I set them at 100% on the ESC settings, and then lower them from the transmitter if needed... So far I ve tested it only on my bike, which is not allowed to have mexhanical brakes, so I depend on the rear wheel braking only...

(1/5 KP09 bike, Xerun 60A, Nosram 13.5T)
Old 05-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by crusadores
Hello Hobbywing and fellow Rc racers.

Can someone point me to a firmware compatible with my EzRun 60A V2 ESC?
Is such a firmware available?

Crusadores aka Stef.
So far no word for sensorless Ezruns Stef...
I would be interested too, for my son's Cyber 10 equipped with EZrun 60/8.5T HW...
Old 05-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default 422Stock ... too powerful

The newest V422Stock firmware is very powerful... its so powerful that it shattered my Novak 10.5 rotor, this is with the default settings after the firmware has been loaded. This is partly my own fault as I tried to throttle with the car in mid-air (very little loading). I have only pulled the trigger for maybe 2 seconds. This is on a 1/12 CRC.

So the warning is: After you have installed the firmware, please adjust the recommended settings for your motor BEFORE you pull the trigger for testing. The default setting may be too powerful for your motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.