NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 08-19-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default V2.1 1S MOD setup

I have an older V2.1 1S that i am using in my T4 for MOD now and was wondering if someone had a good base setup for the Hobbywing ESC? Right now i am running the defaults, except i turned DRRS Punch to 6. The car was quick but when i had the punch set at 8 it was almost un-driveable down the back straight. Thanks for any info.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Any news on the v10 ROAR approvals, as well option rotors for the 17.5 motor? I'd like to get more torque outta it.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Adept

Can I please get some help deciding on an esc for 21.5 Boosted. Hobbywing is what I want, I just don't know how much I need to spend. I've been running Mini here in Australia for over 12 months and am going to add a touring car to my stable. In fact, I'm only needing to buy a motor and speedy to get on track.

As a newbie in touring car, can someone point me in the right direction? In 21.5 boosted, will an Xtreme Stock esc do everything the latest an greatest 120A v3.1 will do? Any opinions on Xtreme Stock vs xerun 90A v2.1 vs xerun 120A v2.1?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi, I'm having a problem with my ESC, it burnt one motor last weekend and I'm afraid of repeating the disaster this weekend if I continue using the ESC...

The problem is that when the motor is not attached to the transmission all works fine, but when I attach it to the car and throttling, the motor seems to be cogging, and the car can finally go forward but the speed is very low and the motor gets very hot extremely quick, so I must stop the car. If I block the transmission by hand it produces the same effect, the motor gets very hot and if I hit full throttle the ESC fan becomes OFF and when I release the trigger it starts to spinning again.

I'm using a Xerun v2.1 120A with a LRP X12 13.5T with STOCK firmware and 0 timming/turbo.

Regards.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Shawn68z
Yes.
Thanks Shawn for your answer.
I have found a second hand xerun V3 with the program box at a good price.
but the Xtreme stock stays on my short list for my tc3 with a slower motor.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BeLiPoWa
Hi, I'm having a problem with my ESC, it burnt one motor last weekend and I'm afraid of repeating the disaster this weekend if I continue using the ESC...

The problem is that when the motor is not attached to the transmission all works fine, but when I attach it to the car and throttling, the motor seems to be cogging, and the car can finally go forward but the speed is very low and the motor gets very hot extremely quick, so I must stop the car. If I block the transmission by hand it produces the same effect, the motor gets very hot and if I hit full throttle the ESC fan becomes OFF and when I release the trigger it starts to spinning again.

I'm using a Xerun v2.1 120A with a LRP X12 13.5T with STOCK firmware and 0 timming/turbo.

Regards.
Whats your FDR? It seems like you have a drive line problem more then an ESC issue. The fan is stopping because the motor is drawing so much current from the battery, that the voltage is dropping to much for the fan to spin (similar to a dead short, or a motor that is stuck). That also explains the heat.

Is your driveline free spinning? I am not to familiar with LRP but do you have the "4 Dot Ring in"? Thinking you could have to much endbell timing.

Shawn.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Does anyone use the JustStock ESC in 1S? Has anyone tried the TQ Cells booster with it?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
Does anyone use the JustStock ESC in 1S? Has anyone tried the TQ Cells booster with it?

Yes, I have used both together. Works fine, just disconnect the red wire from the ESC to Receiver, and plug the booster into the Receiver. Leave the switch to the ESC on.

Shawn.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:38 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Justock works perfect even with the cheap $3.00 Hobby king booster. Even simpler to setup just plug the ESC into the booster and the booster into the RX. Only one power switch, and the Justock works just fine on 1S voltage itself.

I've used that setup in 13.5 and 17.5 1/12 without issue, even ran that in Vegas last year.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

I have a JustStock and smoked a motor. When I connected a new motor the Motor won't turn. If I pull out the sensor wire, it cogs a little but works. I am just curious why the esc wont work with a sensor wire in. I know it's not the motor or sensor in the motor as I tried different sensor wires and motors. Also, the motor works fine with my backup JustStock.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So I just had a very strange thing happen to my v3 ESC. For some reason, something is wrong with the receiver wire and it won't turn on my receiver. I've tried the receiver and the servo and motor on other ESCs and combinations and it works fine.

Anyone ever seen anything like this?
Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can someone help me figure out which esc I have?

http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=246

It's one of these I just don't know which Amperage. The sticker was removed before I got it. Someone told me I could use the LCD programmer to find out but it just says "Hardware Version HW427_V1.0"
Old 08-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

Sorry havent responded to much in a week but its pretty hard with a broken hand.

A few days and should be back on board
Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if some of you were able to provide me with some set-up sheets, or extra information for running a 4.5t motor with the HW v3.1 ESC.

I have looked at the standard mod set-up, but I havn't been able to run it yet. If you guys were able to supply some extra information and settings it would be great, so I can try all these when I run the car next.

I have driven mod before, and I'm able to handle the extra speed provided with this speed controller. My only concern is that this ESC is relatively new, and I'm still not familiar with it's settings, and what temperatures they are capable of producing..

Alot of testing will be done on the day, but a few instant references would be great.

Cheers,
Bill K
Old 08-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bill K
Hey guys,

I was wondering if some of you were able to provide me with some set-up sheets, or extra information for running a 4.5t motor with the HW v3.1 ESC.

I have looked at the standard mod set-up, but I havn't been able to run it yet. If you guys were able to supply some extra information and settings it would be great, so I can try all these when I run the car next.

I have driven mod before, and I'm able to handle the extra speed provided with this speed controller. My only concern is that this ESC is relatively new, and I'm still not familiar with it's settings, and what temperatures they are capable of producing..

Alot of testing will be done on the day, but a few instant references would be great.

Cheers,
Bill K
Send me an email to [email protected]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.