Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 06:51 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by puma303
please help, as required by these parameters taken from Hobbywing 2.1 on V3?

punch 6, 30 Boost timing, turbo boost 25 and 400 acc / rpm, 0.5 turbo delay

with those parameters, the car won a race. Now we have upgraded through the V3
If you used the 930_STOCK firmware, this should be the translation.
You only forgotten to give the "boost start RPM" and "Turbo slope"

V2.1, Punch 6:
V3:
Punch rate switch point: 50%
1st stage punch rate: 20
2nd stage punch rate: 20

V2.1, Boost 30 / acc 400
V3:
Boost timing: 30
Boost start rpm, the same. (I take 3000 as example)
Boost end RPM (3000 + 30x400) = 15000

V2.1, Turbo 25
V3:
Turbo timing: 25
Turbo activate: Full Throttle and RPM
Full throttle delay: 0.5s
Turbo start RPM: 15000
Turbo engage slope: same as V2.1

Sounds logical, or doesn't it?
Old 03-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks it sounds logical
but what I still do not understand (for example) is how to act on that punch on the 2.1 had the values ​​from 1 to 9 (from softer to more aggressive) and now? same goes for the brake.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sosidge
So I've finally had the chance to test the "new" blinky software's brakes on a big track.

Not exactly the result I was expecting.

Although the new software does bring the car to a sharper standstill when set to 100%, the braking feels "notchy", as if goes through a couple of clear steps as it comes to a stop.

Dropping the brakes back to 75% has given a smoother feel, with no apparent decrease in braking ability from high speed, but it loses that sudden stop from low speeds.

Interestingly enough, I'd always found that the boosted software's brakes were non-linear at 100% but fairly smooth at 75%.
I find the new software to have better brakes on a high grip carpet track.
I have not had a chance to test it on our larger outdoor track yet..but in situations when you need to jam on the brakes at the last possable moment (mid size high grip carpet) they stop the car better.
I actually had to turn mine down from 100 to 90 with the new software (17.5 non boosted) as they were locking up the tires for the 1st time.

I was having issues with the v3 not playing nice with my mt4 when in hrs mode. It was turning on and quickly back off if it sat too long disconnected to the battery (this was a brand new from box v3). So I have since switched brands of esc....but the new software was absolutely a big improvement in the brakes department for me.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
I find the new software to have better brakes on a high grip carpet track.
I have not had a chance to test it on our larger outdoor track yet..but in situations when you need to jam on the brakes at the last possable moment (mid size high grip carpet) they stop the car better.
I actually had to turn mine down from 100 to 90 with the new software (17.5 non boosted) as they were locking up the tires for the 1st time.

I was having issues with the v3 not playing nice with my mt4 when in hrs mode. It was turning on and quickly back off if it sat too long disconnected to the battery (this was a brand new from box v3). So I have since switched brands of esc....but the new software was absolutely a big improvement in the brakes department for me.
There are many things that can determine braking effect on the v3 including radio,motor,esc settings plus car setup .The brakes may be applying and you could be skidding into the corners you would never know.Also cap board must always be used.
Hobbywing factory drivers have zero issues with brakes they cant all be wrong can they? Im pretty sure with trial and error im sure you will be able to find the sweet spot for the brakes.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Happy easter from Hobbywing to whoever is celebrating easter this weekend .
Old 03-29-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I was just experimenting last night with some different motors. Something very odd occurred.

With my Hobbywing v3 and a Revtech 17.5, the brakes were very soft, even at 100%. I put in a Turnigy Trackstar 17.5 and at the same ESC settings, the brakes were significantly harder. I haven't had the opportunity to test other motors, but this puzzled me.

Before you ask, I tried everything with the Revtech to get tighter brakes. Every combination of fwd/brake at 0-100% and 25-100% reverse. Different softwares, reprogramming the ESC to the Revtech several times. It just confuses me that a different motor immediately solved the braking issue.

Any input here?
Old 03-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
I was just experimenting last night with some different motors. Something very odd occurred.

With my Hobbywing v3 and a Revtech 17.5, the brakes were very soft, even at 100%. I put in a Turnigy Trackstar 17.5 and at the same ESC settings, the brakes were significantly harder. I haven't had the opportunity to test other motors, but this puzzled me.

Before you ask, I tried everything with the Revtech to get tighter brakes. Every combination of fwd/brake at 0-100% and 25-100% reverse. Different softwares, reprogramming the ESC to the Revtech several times. It just confuses me that a different motor immediately solved the braking issue.

Any input here?
Just wondering on what type of rotor each of the motor has installed? I believe a larger rotor will give you better brake performance then a smaller rotor (This is theory, and I have not tested it). I am also convinced the amount of timing a motor has turned onto the end bell the worse the brakes are. When running Blinky I have terrible brakes (and tons of end bell timing), but when I run the boost/turbo fw, I run a lot less end bell timing, and have TONS of brakes... Same motor.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

Very high current and excessive heat can be a a big factor in softer brakes at even high brake settings.

Do the brakes go soft after a few minutes into the run? There are alot of motors on the market that do produce massive amounts od current more than others for this reason we had to also reduce the sensativity of our sensor to accomodate these motors not sending mixed and distorded signals back toi the esc and shutting the esc down.These motors are known as hot motors lrp has motors like this and so is the d3.5 17.5 .aggressive settings will have a massive affect on braking.
High currents = Heat = weaker motor magnetism as the magnetic properties change = softer brakes

Last edited by COBRARACING; 03-30-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

The 1S V3.1 ESC will be officially released in the first half of April [ 15th April 2013]
The main advantages of the 1S V3.1 ESC are:
1. Built-in 1S DC/DC booster.
2. Built-in capacitor module.
3. Same software as XERUN-120A-V3.1 (2-3S Lipo)
Old 03-30-2013, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
There are many things that can determine braking effect on the v3 including radio,motor,esc settings plus car setup .The brakes may be applying and you could be skidding into the corners you would never know.Also cap board must always be used.
Hobbywing factory drivers have zero issues with brakes they cant all be wrong can they? Im pretty sure with trial and error im sure you will be able to find the sweet spot for the brakes.
Umm..yes. I think you misread my post.
I LIKE the brakes since the new software.
Zero brake issues now.
Good stuff.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Umm..yes. I think you misread my post.
I LIKE the brakes since the new software.
Zero brake issues now.
Good stuff.
Great work +1 happy hobbywing user .
Old 03-30-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Very high current and excessive heat can be a a big factor in softer brakes at even high brake settings.

Do the brakes go soft after a few minutes into the run? There are alot of motors on the market that do produce massive amounts od current more than others for this reason we had to also reduce the sensativity of our sensor to accomodate these motors not sending mixed and distorded signals back toi the esc and shutting the esc down.These motors are known as hot motors lrp has motors like this and so is the d3.5 17.5 .aggressive settings will have a massive affect on braking.
High currents = Heat = weaker motor magnetism as the magnetic properties change = softer brakes
No, the brakes on the Revtech are soft all the time, even on the bench or on a cold motor. I never let my Revtech get over 140f so I don't believe heat is an issue. The brakes on the revtech motor at 75-100% feels like the brakes on the Turnigy motor at 25-50%. It's THAT big of a difference.

Now, I WAS using a 12.5mm high torque rotor on the Revtech. I haven't had a chance to test the motor with a different rotor to see a difference in braking power. I've also tried different sensor boards and several different stators to see if that was an issue. So far, it hasn't changed the feel. I will test a different rotor, however. Based on what some people said though, a larger rotor should, theoretically result in MORE braking power.

With regard to motor timing, I am using almost full timing on both motors (two ticks from full timing). Again, I haven't tried lesser timing. I'm racing in a blinky class, so low timing doesn't really help much.

Could there possibly be a software issue with Revtech motors and Hobbywing ESCs? My brother's 17.5 sedan has a Hobbywing 1s v2.1 ESC and a Revtech with 12.5mm HT rotor and his brakes are just as weak as my v3 ESC. Again, we never run our motors past 140f, which is WELL below the thermal limit for those motors.

Both of our cars are running the stock caps supplied with the ESC. We are both using high quality batteries, so I know that isn't an issue. Both of us are using an Airtronics MT4 radio and the RX-461 receiver. The only difference between our two cars is that he has a v2.1 ESC and I'm using a v3 ESC.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hi guys. New to HobbyWing. Just picked up a couple of the HobbyWing 1S XERUN 120A ESC's. Need some help with what software I should be running. I race pan cars on a small oval carpet track. Both cars are 1cell 17.5 but one is blinky and the other I can use boost. Any recommendations?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

there will be new firmware for the V3?
Old 03-30-2013, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gottahaveit
Hi guys. New to HobbyWing. Just picked up a couple of the HobbyWing 1S XERUN 120A ESC's. Need some help with what software I should be running. I race pan cars on a small oval carpet track. Both cars are 1cell 17.5 but one is blinky and the other I can use boost. Any recommendations?
For blinky you will wang to use the 508 no timing firmware. And 930 stock for boosted. Use the new V3.2 pc software to update.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.