Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE >

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi i want to run my supastox in open class , what pinion size and esc software and settings for a small ish carpet indoor,
motor 13.5t speed passion
hobbywing exrun 1s 120a
1s lipo
70t 48dp
49mm dia rear foams

thanks

Last edited by darrenheli; 01-23-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Maybe you have a lot of exponential set on the brake side on your TX?
I always set throttle and brake exponential to zero before I set the ESC. Otherwise I don't get a clear idea of what the radio settings mean from race to race. That's the same reason I always set the ESC to 100% brake and 100% reverse when I load new software.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Well something odd happened today. Was just working on my car when all of a sudden a puff of smoke & a nasty smell from around the esc. When i noticed the smell/smoke I immediately pulled the lipo connection. I noticed one of my two capacitors fried. Puffed up & popped.

No idea how so I triple checked all my wiring & it's correct so don't know what caused it. As soon as it happened the green light on the esc started blinking which I assume was "overheat protection mode." I removed the one bad capacitor & went back into normal running mode.

So my question is it safe to run with one capacitor while I wait for my replacement to come in? I went through all the functions & everything is working properly.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UberPare
Well something odd happened today. Was just working on my car when all of a sudden a puff of smoke & a nasty smell from around the esc. When i noticed the smell/smoke I immediately pulled the lipo connection. I noticed one of my two capacitors fried. Puffed up & popped.

No idea how so I triple checked all my wiring & it's correct so don't know what caused it. As soon as it happened the green light on the esc started blinking which I assume was "overheat protection mode." I removed the one bad capacitor & went back into normal running mode.

So my question is it safe to run with one capacitor while I wait for my replacement to come in? I went through all the functions & everything is working properly.
though not recommended...you can run them without the capacitor bank....i had something worse than that happen.....last year i had not only the capacitor bank blow, but had not only the esc fan smoke up, but a motor one aswell.....came home changed the caps and fan....good as new but am using it as my backup esc....it all happened after a huge shunt with a mod car...
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Your cap would have burnt to save your esc as it seens either your motor was producing massive ripple current causing heat or your battery would have had a large voltage spike .

replace your cap dont run your esc without one .
Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi cobra,

any idea where i can get the wire hayness for the Hobbywing motor checker??
Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Your cap would have burnt to save your esc as it seens either your motor was producing massive ripple current causing heat or your battery would have had a large voltage spike .

replace your cap dont run your esc without one .
Hi Cobraracing. Could you please check your pm.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AUSCAN
Hi Cobraracing. Could you please check your pm.
Tony, send Cobraracing a email instead of a pm, you'll get a quicker response.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah

Cheers
Rob.
+1
If you follow the thread he tells you that he doesnt like the PM system and tells you to email him, even repeatedly if you have to or post here and he can reply or someone else can help out as there are alot of knowledgeable people on here
Old 01-27-2013, 12:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Please help...

I downloaded and upgraded to the newest USBLInk V3.2.

I then upgraded my LCD box but I selected the wrong firmware, I have got V1,1_120301_V3 displayed on the screen but I only make use of XeRun's V2.1 ESC's.

I need to downgrade to the correct firmware on my LCD Box but now my PC doesn't recognize the LCD box any more.

I have un-installed all HobbyWing versions from my PC, re-installed V1.62 run the installation app as "Administrator"
When I plug in my LCD Box is still says unrecognized device.

Strange thing this only started to happen after upgrading to V3.2 and flashing the V3 software on the LCD box.

How do I go back to a previous version on my LCD box if my PC doesn't pickup it up?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta04evah

Cheers
Rob.
Thanks for that Rob.

Email sent

Cheers
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SeanV
Please help...

I downloaded and upgraded to the newest USBLInk V3.2.

I then upgraded my LCD box but I selected the wrong firmware, I have got V1,1_120301_V3 displayed on the screen but I only make use of XeRun's V2.1 ESC's.

I need to downgrade to the correct firmware on my LCD Box but now my PC doesn't recognize the LCD box any more.

I have un-installed all HobbyWing versions from my PC, re-installed V1.62 run the installation app as "Administrator"
When I plug in my LCD Box is still says unrecognized device.

Strange thing this only started to happen after upgrading to V3.2 and flashing the V3 software on the LCD box.

How do I go back to a previous version on my LCD box if my PC doesn't pickup it up?

Nm it was my USB cable that went faulty.
Tried a new one and all is good again.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by rcuser67898578; 12-12-2023 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny-RC
Angelo, is this the box you are speaking of? So with this box you can program both the V3 Xerun and the V2.* Xeruns with one box?

http://www.falconsekido.com/products/lcd-program

Will it allow the storage of firmware on the box for say flashing from the blinky 508 firmware to anyother firmware? I remember awhile back you had mentioned this was a feature in the works, (or something similar) but that kinda never came up again.
That must be the new box since i have the LCD box and it does not have the battery checker which i do like the idea of but i to would also like to know if you can have multiple software versions on the box to be able to change to(only need it to do it on 1 of my ESC's since the SCT Pro doesnt have any other software)
Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Anyone with a good V3 setup with SP 4.5t? Indoor carpet. I´m lost in the setting jungle....

Last edited by Holmenkollen; 01-28-2013 at 03:36 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.