Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The hardware version of my V3 says: HOBBYWING_456_V2. Is that right?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
The V3 will be released as the hobbywing brand not any oem brand for atleast the first 6 months of the release and maybe longer .
Yes,Sure

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=fi&partNo=101830

http://driftmission.com/yokomo-bl-r3...ed-controller/
Old 06-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Tech Lord

Is there a way to make the drag brake on a V3 feel the same as the older ESC's? Was there some change, with the default settings to how it's applied?
Old 06-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I just finished the installation of my new V3 on my A700...

Nor problem for anything, no problem for soldering, no problem for updating my Pc software, my 2in1 box, put the latest non-beta firmware, put some settings on, save them on the ESC... Perfect!

No problem either to calibrate the radio (Futaba 3VCS), it works in normal and in reverse mode.

The problem is now, when I push a littre on the throttle, the motor seems to cogg and the ESC vibrates strangely, the led blinking between red and green...

Are you familiar with this problem? Have I done something wrong? Where can it come from?

Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english...
Old 06-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Airwave
Hi guys,

Nor problem for anything, no problem for soldering, no problem for updating my Pc software, my 2in1 box, put the latest non-beta firmware, put some settings on, save them on the ESC... Perfect!

No problem either to calibrate the radio (Futaba 3VCS), it works in normal and in reverse mode.

The problem is now, when I push a litter on the throttle, the motor seems to cogg and the ESC vibrates strangely, the led blinking between red and green...

Are you familiar with this problem? Have I done something wrong? Where can it come from?

Same problem we have experienced lately and have notified Angelo about .

Waiting on a reply and solution to this problem.

Cheers Ren.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The hardware version of my V3 says: HOBBYWING_456_V2. Is that right?
Yup, the v2 refers to the hardware version of the V3 cicruitry. Basically the latest spec of the V3 esc hardware (confusing I know, but nothing to worry about).

Ed
Old 06-09-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

I haven't had any problems like that with my V3...
Do you only have the problem with a particular firmware? Have you tried other versions?
Old 06-09-2012, 03:48 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is there a way to make the drag brake on a V3 feel the same as the older ESC's? Was there some change, with the default settings to how it's applied?
Drag brake .. tisk tisk
Push brake is the answer..
Old 06-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
Hi guys,

The problem is now, when I push a littre on the throttle, the motor seems to cogg and the ESC vibrates strangely, the led blinking between red and green...

Sorry guys I feel so dumb... I recheck my install this morning and even after 16332763723 verifications, I solder the A on the C and the C on th A...

Sorry again dudes...
Old 06-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hanulec
Drag brake .. tisk tisk
Neither felt particularly great with 13.5. The car feels... heavy. I've got the BD back in to test back-to-back next week.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

My v3 matched with my fantom power nothing comes close this speed control is amazing
Old 06-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
Drag brake .. tisk tisk
C'mon Mike let's not pretend like their is anything wrong with using drag brake...it seems to work very well for the best drivers in the world. I forgot you run that Tekin crap...now your post makes sense.

The v3 in an off-power condition has a very weird feel to it...it seems to slow down but is an unusual way. The description that Syndr0me provides is good the car feels heavy and like it is dragging something behind it. Even with very little drag brake it still feels like it gets bogged down when off power. I am not slower with it but the feel is a bit of a distraction...It makes me drive harder into the corner so I can keep the car from hesitating, which I do not particularly like. I don't want to put creep in the car, but might have to to keep it rolling through the corners.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
C'mon Mike let's not pretend like their is anything wrong with using drag brake...it seems to work very well for the best drivers in the world. I forgot you run that Tekin crap...now your post makes sense.

The v3 in an off-power condition has a very weird feel to it...it seems to slow down but is an unusual way. The description that Syndr0me provides is good the car feels heavy and like it is dragging something behind it. Even with very little drag brake it still feels like it gets bogged down when off power. I am not slower with it but the feel is a bit of a distraction...It makes me drive harder into the corner so I can keep the car from hesitating, which I do not particularly like. I don't want to put creep in the car, but might have to to keep it rolling through the corners.
Just because I'm a Tekin driver doesn't mean I'm blind to the other options. I don't care if its Tekin, lrp, hobby wing 120v, hacker tensioric, speed passion citrix -- I hate drag brake. The most consistent thing is your own finger. I could never push brake until I switched from a 3pk to dx3r a few years ago...
Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork

I noticed that too lol, it was only after like 3-4minutes though, I thought I blew my motor as it felt like that. But the motor was only at 40degrees centigrade.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TryHard
Yup, the v2 refers to the hardware version of the V3 cicruitry. Basically the latest spec of the V3 esc hardware (confusing I know, but nothing to worry about).

Ed
yes correct and yes confusing but it goes like this the v1 meant the first 120 amp esc that hobbywing designed in hardware now the v3 esc is the version 2 of the same family of 120 amp esc so only 2 version have been created both being different to one another just the amp rating is the same only as the v3 esc uses a totally different mcu than the v2.1 which is know as the v1 unit .

confusing but you guys are smart enough to get your heads around it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.