NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
+1

195.00 USD = 123.591 GBP
US Dollar British Pound
Take a look at most UK webshops and you will find product that has transformed from a USD price everywhere else into the same price but in sterling.

That is why so many UK racers by from the US & HK, after purchasing and paying in USD the same product is very often a lot cheaper, even after p & p has been added.

Don't get me wrong - I like my extreme stock, the only point I was making is that HW has gained a lot of support because unlike major brand names, they have kept their products at prices affordable to the majority of racers, not just those who have money to burn.

I like many others will wait with baited breadth to see if the exchange rate is used, if it is, then £123 ish for the best ESC is not so bad.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Interesting as when we, multiple HW product owners, voice our opinions that HW is running the risk of pricing themselves out of the market, we become "haters"... Do we call those who believe this is not so bad a move "fanbois"???

As someone else said, in most RC'ers eyes, marketing and national/int'l race results (they really are a big part of the "marketing", whether people realize it or not) sell more than tech alone... this is how Trinity and Orion have ruled the market the past 25 yrs. Perceived value vs. inner value.

Good luck with the new product anyway

Paul
Race results really dont mean crap to me. Ive run what the fast guys have run for years and never liked it. When I first ran a SP esc or a HW esc, I instantly felt the smoothness and my lap times dropped dramatically.

Thats what matters to me...not some overpaid RC racer that is paid to tell YOU what is good. I had a Tekin rep tell me once that I should run the RS Pro because Lutz does, for that reason alone. Where is the logic in that?

The same follows for setups. People copy all the top setups and expect that they will work on their tracks and on their cars when no one drives like a pro at a local club level race! So Race results themselves are not a good indicator.

People at my track are catching on to how good the HW stuff really is. And they do realize that all that marketing is just made to attract you and promise you something that may not be delivered.

I always followed my own gut instinct. I have an EZrun esc from like 6 years ago and it still runs, and since then Ive been through like 3-4 other brand escs. If the HW was not on par, shouldnt it have crapped out a long time ago.??!!

As far as being a fanboy, all I can say is this. If the product works and has been reliable and is of good quality...then yes, Im a fan!
Old 02-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Take a look at most UK webshops and you will find product that has transformed from a USD price everywhere else into the same price but in sterling.

That is why so many UK racers by from the US & HK, after purchasing and paying in USD the same product is very often a lot cheaper, even after p & p has been added.

Don't get me wrong - I like my extreme stock, the only point I was making is that HW has gained a lot of support because unlike major brand names, they have kept their products at prices affordable to the majority of racers, not just those who have money to burn.

I like many others will wait with baited breadth to see if the exchange rate is used, if it is, then £123 ish for the best ESC is not so bad.
That is something I have never understood. It appears on the surface that UK Dealers are price gouging...but as someone else stated maybe its all the taxes that drive the price up?

Either way if it sells for 89.95USD here its 89.95 British pounds there as you said.

EA
Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean B.
I've looked a little but did not see if someone had mentioned if the current lcd programmer box will work on the V3?
Yes it will (I'm using one), but I'm not sure on the compatability between the new V3 software and current V2.1, I'm pretty sure it requires different software. I.e, a V3 setting box can't be used to program a v2.1 without downgrading the software first.
Main reason for that is the massive difference between V3 and v2.1 settings.

HiH
Ed
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
Take a look at most UK webshops and you will find product that has transformed from a USD price everywhere else into the same price but in sterling
It's pretty much the same on all the Euro zone, price anounced in USD will end being the same but in Euros, and it's not only RC parts, all computers parts for example have prices following the same rule.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Hi i am new to EP and have SP GT2.0 esc and was wondering what is the big advantage between the HW supercharged software and my current 323 stock program i am using at the moment ?

thanks in advance
Originally Posted by NR
+1
Anyone care to help ???
Old 02-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Race results really dont mean crap to me.
I'm a fan too, I've used ezrun products years ago and even won club races with it, and now I have xtreme stock in my 2wd, 2.1 in my 4wd and SCT120A in my 8th... Race results doen't matter to you (and me), more power to us... unfortunately matters to 99% of rc'ers who swear by Orion (and in the past, by Trinity)... Otherwise you wouldn't have pro racers if the big manuf'ers would find no interest in it... If you want to price a la Orion and SP (regardless of who OEM's the stuff) you have to play the big marketing game, otherwise you price yourself out of the market...

"Win on sunday, sell on monday"

Done with the explanations... I'm sure Angelo knows already, I hope the rest of the HW crew does. And the reason why I'm trying so hard to convey the message is that even if I'm willing to pay $160 for my next HW ESC, most former HW customers won't and in the end the dang thing will either sell for $200 to recoup fixed costs, or prices will fall back down to the $110 area to rebuild volume. Value equation 101.

Paul
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49 PM
lip
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Ive been running HW for a really long time. NONE of my HW escs have ever let me down. I do agree with the above posts that it is the other escs that are inferior if anything. I have had more 200 dollar escs go on me than this 120 dollar HW Xerun esc. To assume that HW is of a lower quality is really just plain stupidity. You can buy the current 120a esc and be on the top of the game if not ahead of it. I just took 3rd in 13.5 buggy tonight with my Xerun running 930 stock firmware. Me and the Orion guys were sharing advice back and forth and it was great...although my esc had even more options

Hate all you want on HW...chances are that very ignorance will always keep you wondering. Best bang for your buck and quality that is unsurpassed. Id rather pay top dollar for this new v3 than anything else that will come out for the next few years. And thats only until my 120a decides to go...and that aint happening any time soon.

HW...release the V3 and it will prove itself.
Who is hating on them?! Complete and utter drivel...

Most of us are just warning them that they are pushing the limit with the pricing and most will not pay that amount...
Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
Will the new V3 have a current limiter???
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Just to let you know...
I emailed Stuart from racers in exile as I have bought 3 v.3's from him in advance. Yes I was worried about losing the best part of £300 but he reassured me that I will get my v3's as soon as he gets his stock. I have spoken with Stuart on many occasion about racing and other such stuff and have always found him to be a genuine and trust worthy guy. I am no longer worried that I won't get my new speedo. And if there are any issues I'm sure Stuart or Angelo will help sort them out.
Please let's stop getting in a flap about the price or stock until we hear and see what this speedo can do!
James

Ps Angelo and Michael keep doing the excellent work. Thanks for bringing us perfection ;-)
Old 02-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mcdoogle
Hi, i like HW so much that i pre-paid Stuart for 2No. V3's in December to replace my 2No. V2.1's, i hope i haven't lost my money. I contacted him at the end of January and he said he had ordered his replacement stock from the factory (to replace the stolen stock) and it would arrive in middle of Feb so hopefully all is ok but it concerns me that Angelo says the factory haven't heard from him.
There seems to be a lot of people who have pre paid for the V3 and a lot of prices have been bandied about, what did racersinexile charge $195, £195 or the exchange from $195 approx £130 ??

Surely Hobbywing/Cobra can tell us what we should be paying for them in £££

Also if they are avaiable in a "few" week time where do we get them in the UK ??

I contacted giantcod and they are not getting any in, racersinexile have disappeared, i have seen the threads about the breakin/insurance etc but surely it only takes a reply on here to say "insurance messing me about should be back in business on ??? date"

The hobbywing products are great but i think all this uncertainty will drive people away, the season is starting and no-one in the Uk knows when the V3 will be avaiable and how we get it.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by millbank
Just to let you know...
I emailed Stuart from racers in exile as I have bought 3 v.3's from him in advance. Yes I was worried about losing the best part of £300 but he reassured me that I will get my v3's as soon as he gets his stock. I have spoken with Stuart on many occasion about racing and other such stuff and have always found him to be a genuine and trust worthy guy. I am no longer worried that I won't get my new speedo. And if there are any issues I'm sure Stuart or Angelo will help sort them out.
Please let's stop getting in a flap about the price or stock until we hear and see what this speedo can do!
James

Ps Angelo and Michael keep doing the excellent work. Thanks for bringing us perfection ;-)
Jay, thanks for your valuble advice ! The TP motors are heading for the bin
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jennings
Jay, thanks for your valuble advice ! The TP motors are heading for the bin
See you Friday.. I'm back
Old 02-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Anyone care to help ???
Hi Mike there are two main differences from what i know is the sensentivity of the sensor port being more sensitive as we reduced the sensitivity on the hobbywing sw to cater for the x12 lrp motor.
But i do know that with the 323 to get the top rpm and the speed out of it you have to have quite aggressive settings which will create heat were say the 528,930 you dont have to be that agressive on the settings to achieve top rpm or speed .

Michael will give the oem customer excatly what they want they want or ask for may be it aggressive software or linear software thats what he will get them with no guarantee if it is going to be successful or not
Old 02-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by millbank
Just to let you know...
James

Im only trying to do the best buy you guys but everyone has to understand we have a business to run .

If i could release the software to you i would with a drop of a hat for the v3 but i cannot as there are special features thast have never been seen before in the rc industry .

All i ask is not time but some faith in our product because i tell you hardware and software for the v3 is 100% different from the ground up compared to the 2.1v.

Im the face of hobbywing the one out there the one who will cop the abuse but thats my job and i believe in our product and i know what its capable of .Im not into the marketing stuff that we see today thats 90% make believe designed in hong kong disney land were they say dreams come true .Im the real deal with specs and so on you will not get any lie but the whole truth .

Hang in there guys .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.