Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JamieV
I am struggling to make this speedo work with a graupner or corally motor.

I have an extreme stock and an SP speedo, both on 930 firmware and have tried both speedos with both motors and always get the same problem.

They always work great until they lose all the advanced timing. The green light on the speedo flashes which indicates the speedo has overheated ? however the speedo / motor are not even hot. I even disabled the overheat function on the speedo but it still had the same symptoms with the green light flashing and loss of advance timing. Admittedly if I tried it an hour later it would be fine again.

Typical settings :-
FDR 5:1
Boost 50
No turbo
DRS 2
RPM /ACC 400

This problem can be after 1 minute or 4 ? I bought a second motor but it still did the same.

I have run with turbo and without. it makes no difference - Has anybody had this problem / know a solution ?

Thanks in advance
boost is 50 how high is your mechanical timing of the motor end bell ?High end bell mechanical timing will causing excessive currents with a distorted signal back to the esc causing errors and the esc to jump into sensorless mode .Remembering most motors even if the end bell is at zero point are actually 28 degrees or higher then ever movement of the end bell adds 1.5 degree to 2.5 degree of timing depending on motor brand and design .remembering the esc does not control the end bell timing of a motor so excessive end bell timing will cause the error .

Another issue is excessive timing also needs a true c rated battery that can handle the punch when needed .
Old 02-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

mmm , interesting about the sensor issue , just happend to me on the weekend , took me a couple heats to work out what was going on , not sure why it was happening , boosted 10.5 , it may have gone away whaen i changed packs ????? might go back to sp 323stock ????
Old 02-10-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
boost is 50 how high is your mechanical timing of the motor end bell ?High end bell mechanical timing will causing excessive currents with a distorted signal back to the esc causing errors and the esc to jump into sensorless mode .Remembering most motors even if the end bell is at zero point are actually 28 degrees or higher then ever movement of the end bell adds 1.5 degree to 2.5 degree of timing depending on motor brand and design .remembering the esc does not control the end bell timing of a motor so excessive end bell timing will cause the error .

Another issue is excessive timing also needs a true c rated battery that can handle the punch when needed .
+1

Much electronic timing + much mechanical timing, can create problems reading data... but many do not want miss the maximum electronic timing
Old 02-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by COBRARACING

I'm not sure about the mechanical timing of the motor but I had the same problem with low levels of boost with turbo. My batteries are the orion 90C so I would hope that at £90 a go they will be fine. I have tried most motors and even the X12 with huge amounts of timing as standard and have not had a problem. I would like to think that the tape modification on the motor that has been suggested with turning down the boost / turbo and adjusting the cut off voltage should do the trick. I will report back after the weekend.

Thanks for the help
Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

The Corally does not have adjustable timing it is fixed, the quoted degrees of timing is 30 degrees

It is also a star wind rather than the normal delta wind motor.

I have run the 13.5 & now run the 21.5 version and have not had any problems, though I know some racers have had problems with going sensorless during races
Old 02-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

the corally/graupner motors are problematic.

the graupner motors are known to have dodgy soldering of the sensor board. A simple re-soldering can fix it, mine did.

I did some laps the other day, and noticed the motor was not quite right. Pulled it apart today, and the rotor had disbonded from the shaft. This is on the corally, but it also happened on my graupner(same motor I'm told). I have never had the motor higher than 80c too.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Tech Rookie

We are getting the same problem using the team powers 17.5t motor, as soon as you go full throttle the car stutters, speed controller green light flashing and it seems to go sensorless, we have tryed 2 new sensor boards now, tryed numerous things last night, turned off the low voltage cut off, no timing on the motor, very little boost on esc and still does it every time.
Batterys are 6500 60c so should be ok.

Has anyone got any other ideas ?
Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jennings
We are getting the same problem using the team powers 17.5t motor, as soon as you go full throttle the car stutters, speed controller green light flashing and it seems to go sensorless, we have tryed 2 new sensor boards now, tryed numerous things last night, turned off the low voltage cut off, no timing on the motor, very little boost on esc and still does it every time.

put it in the bin lol
Old 02-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

I'm a little concerned that Racers in exile is still not in operation as i have paid for 3 v3 speedo's and have no way of contacting them/stuart
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by millbank
I'm a little concerned that Racers in exile is still not in operation as i have paid for 3 v3 speedo's and have no way of contacting them/stuart
Hobbywing said that they will be available after TITC. (On facebook)
Old 02-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Ok. but i'm not worried about when they come out i'm worried that i have given my money to a shop that seems to be closed. I have not had any contact from Stuart since paying him for the 3 v3's. Also i was told that we would receive them before general release.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jennings

I also have "green led flashing" with 11,5 team power motor, I dont know much but in my case, flashing 930 stock or 930mod fix them. Other than that, i tigthen the connection at sensor cable.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm in the same position. Very concerned, and I hope Angelo will be able to reassure us that the money is safe and the speedos will be delivered. Angelo, Stuart, any information for us?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Gurus,

Need setting for 2wd losi 22T offroad, for 8.5T Hw xerun and 120A V2.1 with V3 ( i think) software. Should i use the Mod or stock( use turbo etc..) or use turbo settings?

Thsnks in advance.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Regarding racers in exile - that sounds incredibly dodgy! Legally they can't take money until it is in stock ready to despatch - if you paid by visa I'd contact them ASAP! On top of not replying to messages, he always used to be on here but hasn't been since before Xmas.

Regarding the sensorless issue, I personally think the 930 software is far more sensitive to sensor issues, I ran the 211 software for 5 months with no issues, the 930 I had 2 esc's with 3 motors have the same issue - plus I had no brakes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.