R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #1321
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I just received my package from hobbypartz base in usa and is a legitimate store. My unit was advertise as 2.0 but infact i got the latest version ESC
2.1. I'm very happy with the price and how well the ESC and packaging
looks. Thanks to hobbywing for coming out with a great product. Reading the manual now and will play with it tomorrow. I also got the program card. Just to confirm, this program card will not make adjustments to the SP CIRTIX CLUB ESC? Also, it looks like it needs external battery supply of 6v when plug to ESC but not when plug to computer for software update correct?

Old 09-29-2010, 02:37 AM   #1322
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAu View Post
Thanks but I have that one and if you look at the SC Punch its not what the current software uses for settings... and I don't have anything to modify PDF files
This is the latest version for FW 518, the values are correct SC PUNCH (7)
Try new downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhnwmmhz34o
Old 09-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #1323
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Craig W Send a message via Skype™ to Craig W

Hi Guys

My Xtreme Stock should be here in next couple of day so I'm looking for some setup addvice we race on carpet track with 60ft straight with tight in field will be running sp v3 13.5 on Mi4 Lp with sorex 28s
Craig W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 AM   #1324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi guys

Just some news from hobbywing that anyone who purchases there product direct from online stores in Asia or Ebay faces problems with tech support and after sales service .If the store wont help you then the problem will lie on you and costs will be added if the product needs to be sent back to hobbywing for service or replacement .we dont wont you risking your hard earned money as we know its hard to come by .we make agreements with stores who carry the products that they must carry the support for there customers .

We have been finding alot of none authorised stores in hong kong have been getting the products via grey import as we call it over border crossing from china which is hard to police and selling them to online stores .

when the product is sent back at your cost and found the receipt to be of an online nature from Asia or ebay the costs will be added to your repair or replacement .

We need to protect the distributors and legitimate Authorised dealers from around the world as we have been getting many complaints about sellers who dont want to support after sales service and customer after sales tech support.

I will always be here to support you all and always will 100% but if the product is sent back to factory as stated above then there is nothing i can do its up to the factory then and there policy to deal with the matter .

we are not here to screw you we are here to help and give you the best support possible which means replacements and support or repairs from reputable dealers and distributors networks but we also have to look after the people who do the right thing and take the appropraite channels to purchase and we dont mean you customers we mean the distributors and dealers .

Pricing will not change pricing will always be competative i assure you of this .Also hobbywing will also ask for the warranty card that is supplied with the esc to be filled in and the place of purchase and cop yof receipt attached and sent back to the factory .we want to build a database.

we want to service you better than before and not for you to have to wait 6 months to have a email answered or 6 months for a repair .

ok guys thank you for your time .

Any questions please fell free to contact me .
Could you list the official sellers to buy the esc's?
Tire Chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #1325
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Chunker View Post
Good luck.. asked the same thing a couple days ago and didn't get much of anything in reply. I also emailed HW directly and they gave me the name of a business in the US that took 3 days to reply to an email to ask a question and never got back to me to sell me a speed control. Bought one on ebay from a gray market dealer out of Hong Kong apparently (according to the above post anyway) so sounds like I'm SOL if it goes bad or needs service.

CSR
csracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #1326
Tech Regular

cobra, going back to the corally motor issue, I suspect If I run the Mod firmware then the issue would resolve itself?
I will try this weekend if possible. I suspect like you say the motor/settings are the issue.
will let you know.
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:48 PM   #1327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass View Post
cobra, going back to the corally motor issue, I suspect If I run the Mod firmware then the issue would resolve itself?
I will try this weekend if possible. I suspect like you say the motor/settings are the issue.
will let you know.
please let me know how you go i would have done the testing myself but i dont have a corally motor .unless you know who is the manufacturer of the motor corally is not the factory i wouldnt know .but please let me know how your testing pans out
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #1328
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire Chunker View Post
Gathering the info and will post later this as you know there will be alot .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #1329
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass View Post
will let you know.
I think you might find that the problem is more to do with the motor.
I have one of these motors along with my friend and we both have had the same problems.
We have fixed this problem by stripping the motor down and apply some cell or insulation tape to the pcb between it and the bearing which is fitted in the end-bell.

It would seem that this bear assembly does not fit very securly in its housing and it moves. The result is that it cuts off the connection to the sensor leads.
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:24 PM   #1330
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
This is the latest version for FW 518, the values are correct SC PUNCH (7)
Try new downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/?zhnwmmhz34o
mmm yup thats the one I downloaded before... SC punch in now labeled max, -1, -2, -3 etc

there is a post a bit back that shows this...
Old 09-29-2010, 04:01 PM   #1331
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by part-time racer View Post
I think you might find that the problem is more to do with the motor.
I have one of these motors along with my friend and we both have had the same problems.
We have fixed this problem by stripping the motor down and apply some cell or insulation tape to the pcb between it and the bearing which is fitted in the end-bell.

It would seem that this bear assembly does not fit very securly in its housing and it moves. The result is that it cuts off the connection to the sensor leads.
nice one part-time, will strip the motor down and insulate the PCB and the end-bell. I assume thats what you are talking about? that motor has some serious rip dude....
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #1332
Tech Elite

I am a true believer in testing motors and not just putting your brand name on them and putting them out on the market .sending your logo to a manufacturer is just not good enough anymore .

At hobbywing we dyno test a few motors from every batch from the supplier ,tested with a load .and only then are approved to be sold .
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-dyno-testing.jpg  
Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #1333
Tech Regular

Whereabouts can we purchase these Hobbywing motors? Looking to test one out.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 AM   #1334
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchynads View Post
Whereabouts can we purchase these Hobbywing motors? Looking to test one out.
send me an email at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and we will sort you out .
Old 09-30-2010, 04:23 AM   #1335
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
send me an email at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and we will sort you out .
cobra is it done? The rpm log firmware? Cant wait to see those.