Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by csracing
Anyone? Can't buy direct from HW and the only place I've found that sells these things is a vendor out of china on ebay.
I used them to get a 120a 1s, no problems and speedo runs like a dream
Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hobbywing wins in Tuscany Italy

Hobbywing Xerun won the championship Tuscany(Italy) 17.5 Superstock A.M.S.C.I.

Winning setup

Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Tech Addict

Congratulations AGNO
Old 09-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow thats a high FDR! Was it a very tight track?

I have been experimenting lately with lower FRD's... Ran 5.5 on the weekend with timing on a 17.5... Less timing (9 and 12 on #6) and #4 on 15 (To allow for higher rollout) zero delay. Seems to work out about the same in terms of speed and punch...

Next on the list is to try high FDR vs low FDR setups back to back. Anyone done this?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TeamWTF

I have been experimenting lately with lower FRD's... Ran 5.5 on the weekend with timing on a 17.5... Less timing (9 and 12 on #6) and #4 on 15 (To allow for higher rollout) zero delay. Seems to work out about the same in terms of speed and punch...

Next on the list is to try high FDR vs low FDR setups back to back. Anyone done this?
I run a fairly large track and have tested more things than i care to remember. The Tekins are running around a 6.0/6.5 roll out and a lot of the other hobby wing users are around the 5.5 mark. When spx was king 4.74 was the majik number and i made the HW work at that ratio.

I have moved back to a more normalish set up compared to some of the crazy ideas ive had. There are many ways to make this speed controller work. here is a high FDR vs low FDR comparison for you. The higher fdr set up is faster but if you have a clean track the low fdr is better over 5 minutes.

Duo 2 17.5
518 stock

motor...8*.........10*
FDR..... 5.7........4.8
Boost ..18*.......21*
Start....4500....6000
Turbo....max.........3*
Delay....0.1.......0.3..
Punch....-3.........-3..
Temp...75c........65c.

I have not tried the 5.7 set up with punch -4 but will do so next meet as it is temping on the high side and i wonder if dropping another tooth may help the -4 setting also.

IMO the lower the FDR you use the higher the start rpm needs to be. the more motor timing you use the lower the turbo or boost need to be. I Like the feeling of the added motor timing with lower boost and higher turbo.

It is all up to personal taste and be willing to take on board other peoples ideas and get someone experienced to spot your car for you and adjust the settings to suit the track you run.

HTH Benzaah.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TeamWTF

The track is this:

About 35 meters(115 ft) of straight and fast curved at the end.

The speed was equal to the best Tekin and LRP SXX SS but with better acceleration, thanks to its high FDR
I tried the lowest FDR (6.2), but to no avail, the length of the straight was not enough for achieving higher speed and there was little acceleration.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Starting to think I am running to short a FDR... If I get a chance tomorrow i will post my recent setup and see what people think
Old 09-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Broke down and just ordered one from China on ebay. Are all of the parameters of the ESC adjustable without an external device or do I need the LCD programmer to make changes?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can see what Agno was shooting for with the setup sheet in general, I don't think you can push anywhere near that hot in settings using a smaller FDR number.

I always thought the FDR in relation to dynamic timing was interesting, cause from the start you can go either of two ways, he has gone to the extreme of one way, I have seen other setups where guys go the other just as hard.

What I find interesting is I know a lot of guys are complaining when they let off the throttle their car feels like it's hitting drag brake, even with none set to come on, I feel that is related to one setup, not sure which myself just yet.

Broke down and just ordered one from China on ebay. Are all of the parameters of the ESC adjustable without an external device or do I need the LCD programmer to make changes?
The older style models don't come with the dynamic timing, you need the 2in1 box to flash the new timing onto them, and a PC, it's slightly complicated but well worth the results.
And really the LCD 2in1 programmer is very good to use, easy to tweak settings once your going.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bishop
The older style models don't come with the dynamic timing, you need the 2in1 box to flash the new timing onto them, and a PC, it's slightly complicated but well worth the results.
And really the LCD 2in1 programmer is very good to use, easy to tweak settings once your going.
Is the Xtreme Stock considered an older model? I thought it was fairly new..

Are any of the parameters adjustable w/o the 2in1? I am ordering the 2in1 as well, just wondering if I'll be able to make simple adjustments without the programmer.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is the Xtreme Stock considered an older model? I thought it was fairly new..

Are any of the parameters adjustable w/o the 2in1? I am ordering the 2in1 as well, just wondering if I'll be able to make simple adjustments without the programmer.
Yeah the Xtreme is brand new so comes with the dynamic timing on it, not sure what version though.

There is a hold button switch on power and cycle through modes thing, but it's seriously tiresome to use for anything but the first few functions, cycling through the dozen or so settings with it will drive you mad, I got sick of it myself within the first few uses waiting for my LCD to show up.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Bishop
Yeah the Xtreme is brand new so comes with the dynamic timing on it, not sure what version though.

There is a hold button switch on power and cycle through modes thing, but it's seriously tiresome to use for anything but the first few functions, cycling through the dozen or so settings with it will drive you mad, I got sick of it myself within the first few uses waiting for my LCD to show up.
Understood. Thanks for the help.

CSR
Old 09-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default True Stock

I'm planing on running the zero timing software this weekend and hoping you guys can help with an FDR.

It's an indoor carpet track where I would normally run an FDR of about 6.6 using a GM 13.5t (12.5mm 1600 gauss rotor) and 518 Stock.

I was thinking of using a starting point of 4.8 but any input would be gratefully appreciated.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:28 PM
mok
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I managed to cook a motor yesterday the first time I used this esc..
Are there any starting setups for a short course truck?
What software version should I be running for a 10.5T motor? stock or mod?
-Mark

Last edited by mok; 09-27-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default help FDR

Hi,Guys pls help ask I used 512 stock....

10.5t motor can used at FDR??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.