R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #12076
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

so i never really noticed since upgrading to 3.43 firmware but there doesnt appear to be an actual set of boost control settings?
yes you can set boost timing, but no settings for timing start and end ect. all turbo functions are there. is this something different or have they always been hidden and i just dont mess around enough to notice?
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #12077
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
so i never really noticed since upgrading to 3.43 firmware but there doesnt appear to be an actual set of boost control settings?
yes you can set boost timing, but no settings for timing start and end ect. all turbo functions are there. is this something different or have they always been hidden and i just dont mess around enough to notice?
Yup, boost rpm range setting was removed in that update. The esc itself now figures out the range to use... No idea how tbh, but seems to work. Simplified setting up in boosted classes.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #12078
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I heard a rumor that HW was working on a phone app. Is there any truth tonthat?
SMC - Motiv motors - Savox - Spectrum - Exotek.
The brighter the picture, the darker the negative. USVTA member #112
theproffesor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:11 PM   #12079
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

If I wanted those boost settings back, could I just flash to an earlier version? Or is this apple land?
What was rhe difference after flash anyway? Feels exactly the same heh.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #12080
Tech Fanatic

Yes just go back to the old firmware and you get the RPM settings back. Should be in the drop down menu for firmwares. The difference is just the Esc chooses the rpm range.

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:52 PM   #12081
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Firmware confusion

Just getting a little confused with what version of firmware I have on my speedie (3.1 stock spec) - how can I tell.

And can someone just confirm that v3.2 140627 Beta is the latest version I should have on my Speedie which appears in the drop down menu on the sub link software.

And secondly, the sub software link says v3.43 along the header bar which I believe is the latest firmware upgrade for the program box?? But when I connect the program box to the speedie, it comes up with V1.17 140315 - is this the latest firmware for the program card. I only have one option when I try and up grade the program card firmware...and that's the v1.17

Any help is appreciated.

I've been playing....Sorted out what version of software is on the speedie, I'm assuming v3.2 140627 is the latest, but still confused why the program card says v1.17..... When I connect it to the speedie.

HPI RS Pro - HPI Pro 3 - ??

Last edited by jsr555; 12-12-2014 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Been playing
jsr555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 01:20 AM   #12082
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Hi Angelo,

sent you an email.

thanks again in advance.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:09 PM   #12083
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

If it helps you sort your software out the numbers are typically the date the software was released. For example the latest ESC software is 140627 which was released 06/27/14.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:22 AM   #12084
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Hi Angelo,thanks again for your very prompt reponse to my problem.hats what you call Service.... Even on a Sunday.thanks again and.more power.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:42 PM   #12085
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_jun View Post
Hi Angelo,thanks again for your very prompt reponse to my problem.hats what you call Service.... Even on a Sunday.thanks again and.more power.
Your welcome anytime.

Guys dont forget you can contact me for help anytime even sundays no problem

by email at ae@hobbywing.com

I dont use this pm system on rc tech
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:12 AM   #12086
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any news on the new blinky esc? Will it have presoldered motor wires? Removeable receiver wire? Inboard Switch?
TB03Racer09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #12087
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
Delay usually indicates controller is running in sensorless mode. So check your sensor wire. If this is not the problem then try re-calibrating the ESC to the radio. Could also change your deadband to the lowest setting although if you are just hesitating at start then it probably a sensor issue. If the cable doesn't help then check the sensor board on the motor. I have had both go bad before and you get the delayed start feeling.
Just a heads up in case anyone else is experiencing this. I have a Justock on my VTA car, and I too *sometimes* get a 2 second delay when punching it from a standstill. Like on a standing start. Got tired of getting rear-ended on the start so troubleshooted it yesterday. New motor never opened, new sensor cable, recalibrated ESC to the radio. Added a glitch buster, no improvement. Turned voltage cutoff down from 3.4v/cell to 3.2 in case it was too much voltage drop on a standing start - no improvement.

I noticed it only happened if the last direction the car moved before the start is reverse. If I back into the starting position and punch it at the start of the race... I get a 2 second delay before the car moves. My Transmitter shows full throttle on the LCD so I know it's transmitting a signal.

If I drive forward before parking the car, the car then starts normally - instant throttle. So throttle forward into the starting grid and you're fine.

Hopes this helps someone!
RotorTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #12088
Tech Master

So my mod car has started to lose boost. It will run ok for a few laps but then I lose all boost and turbo. Only running 10 boost and 20 turbo on 20ish cantiming. Car starts and stops as expected so I'm not ready to blame the sensor. Software glitch? I downgraded my 3.1 2014 to the previous software to control boost better, maybe that was a mistake?
Old 12-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #12089
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorTruck View Post
Just a heads up in case anyone else is experiencing this. I have a Justock on my VTA car, and I too *sometimes* get a 2 second delay when punching it from a standstill. Like on a standing start. Got tired of getting rear-ended on the start so troubleshooted it yesterday. New motor never opened, new sensor cable, recalibrated ESC to the radio. Added a glitch buster, no improvement. Turned voltage cutoff down from 3.4v/cell to 3.2 in case it was too much voltage drop on a standing start - no improvement.

I noticed it only happened if the last direction the car moved before the start is reverse. If I back into the starting position and punch it at the start of the race... I get a 2 second delay before the car moves. My Transmitter shows full throttle on the LCD so I know it's transmitting a signal.

If I drive forward before parking the car, the car then starts normally - instant throttle. So throttle forward into the starting grid and you're fine.

Hopes this helps someone!
If you are racing, reverse is not allowed so set the ESC to the correct setting (FWD/Brake) and your problem will be solved. The delay is likely programmed in to prevent damage. The rule of thumb is... Reverse is fine for bashing but illegal for racing. FYI
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #12090
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Trying to find out if J Stock can be used in Wgt with 1 cell and 13.5
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote