R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 11-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #12046
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcracing View Post
Well gentlemen I tried all the suggestions to get info on my two hobbywing and since Angelo will not respond to emails or PM I am switching back to LRP at least when you have questions or need repairs they are avalible to talk too. It is sad that for two weeks no responce. I want to thank all the people that suggested things to do.

Thanks Chris former hobbywing owner
Im sure i would have responded to your email if i received your email.
I dont respond to pm's sorry ive made that statement 100's of times reasons i can help you through pm cannot send you software or anything else through pm.

I receive 150 emails a day and i respond to every single email without fail not with a auto answer but by me writting back.So i would have responded if i received it .

its sad your gone but i wish you all the best with your new brand .
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #12047
Tech Elite

wifi module and android as well as ios software/interface are nearly complete ill keep you all notified thank you for your support.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #12048
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
After a 5 min run in my touring car running a 17.5 in blinky mode, I can't turn my V3 speedo off. I push the power button and the speedo will not turn off ?? I have to pull a battery wire out to turn the car off ??? Also at my last race meeting I took a knock during the race and my car stopped, a marshal ran out to take a look and had to turn the speedo on again ??? Ive never had a problem like this before ??? any ideas any one
thats a issue with the voltage regulator it is not something you have caused .
If you leave the esc for 2 minutes to cool it will shut down by the button as its the characteristics of the reg change when hot.you need to send it in for modification.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #12049
Tech Adept

Where can i find modified settings for Hobbywing 3.1?

Also i updated the software but it seems like the boost timing cannot be set within a certain RPM range, is that correct?
Foodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 03:35 AM   #12050
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodie View Post
Where can i find modified settings for Hobbywing 3.1?

Also i updated the software but it seems like the boost timing cannot be set within a certain RPM range, is that correct?
For the latest software, the boost timing RPM range is calculated by the ESC. So no, you can't set the RPM range yourself.

Personally, I have been finding that with the HW V10 4.5t, settings similar to below are a good place to start;

FDR - 8.0
Boost - 10
Turbo - 20
Throttle Punch - 12/12
Brake punch - 12/12
Turbo delay - 0.1s
TTEng - 21
TTDEng - 18

HiH
Ed
Old 11-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #12051
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
For the latest software, the boost timing RPM range is calculated by the ESC. So no, you can't set the RPM range yourself.

Personally, I have been finding that with the HW V10 4.5t, settings similar to below are a good place to start;

FDR - 8.0
Boost - 10
Turbo - 20
Throttle Punch - 12/12
Brake punch - 12/12
Turbo delay - 0.1s
TTEng - 21
TTDEng - 18

HiH
Ed
Thanks alot
Foodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #12052
Tech Regular

Looking for some advice.
Ran my hobbywing v3.1 yesterday on an indoor carpet track with an Hobbywing V10 17.5T motor. Ran with stock boosted setup, but it felt realy dead and slow.
The track has a long straight, and with very highspeed sweeps.
My gearing was at 7.13, and them temp was 82 deg after 5 min. I was missing a couple of seconds compared to the other on the rrack, running tha same class.

So, could anyone help with surgestions to a good setup starting point. I could put an Novak Vulcan 17.5T on instead, but I had hoped that the combo of two hobbywing products would be the best.
Shock Tower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #12053
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

That seems awefully short gwaring for a 17.5. Maybe go down to like 6 and run less boost more turbo.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #12054
Tech Initiate

hi, i have a problem.
Today giving more boost and turbo to my ESC hobbywing V3.1 1S it shutdown itself and i have crash the car on a wall.
Why it shutdown and dont go on cutoff protection?
I run fresh battery, a V10 4.5T motor.....
Other friend that run the same type of ESC have the same problem....
How i can try to give more power to my car if the ESC shutdown itself and dont leave current to receiver?????
I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks
drake_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #12055
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock Tower View Post
Looking for some advice.
Ran my hobbywing v3.1 yesterday on an indoor carpet track with an Hobbywing V10 17.5T motor. Ran with stock boosted setup, but it felt realy dead and slow.
The track has a long straight, and with very highspeed sweeps.
My gearing was at 7.13, and them temp was 82 deg after 5 min. I was missing a couple of seconds compared to the other on the rrack, running tha same class.

So, could anyone help with surgestions to a good setup starting point. I could put an Novak Vulcan 17.5T on instead, but I had hoped that the combo of two hobbywing products would be the best.
Any surgestions where to start anyone ?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:14 AM   #12056
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
That seems awefully short gwaring for a 17.5. Maybe go down to like 6 and run less boost more turbo.
I think some of the other guys run like 9 in gearing, so I thought that my gearing was pretty fine. But I could try your surgestion. Woulden't adding turbo not just incrase heat, and I am allready in the high area of my temp on the can.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #12057
Syd
Tech Rookie

With 17.5 boosted we run fdr of between 6.1 and 6.8 depending on the size of the track. My settings is usually around 40-44 boost and 18-24 turbo. I have found that sometimes lower fdr's yield lower temps. Heat buildup is quite high if the motor reaches peak revs to early.

Had temps drop by 30f by going up 3 teeth on the pinion. (116t spur)
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #12058
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_1985 View Post
hi, i have a problem.
Today giving more boost and turbo to my ESC hobbywing V3.1 1S it shutdown itself and i have crash the car on a wall.
Why it shutdown and dont go on cutoff protection?
I run fresh battery, a V10 4.5T motor.....
Other friend that run the same type of ESC have the same problem....
How i can try to give more power to my car if the ESC shutdown itself and dont leave current to receiver?????
I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks
This is the answer of hobbywing: " You have to use an external power supply to power your receiver and cut off the BEC output (that is to remove the red wire from the ESC throttle cable)."
So i have buy a 1s ESC with internal boost and for use it i have to put an external booster????
This in crazy.
Please dont buy this stupid ESC!!!!!
drake_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:50 PM   #12059
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the '508 No Timing Software' flash for Justock the last and final flash for Justock? Will there be any more firmware development for the Justock ?
RotorTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #12060
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Turn off lvc if running modified. I've yet to find batteries that don't sag and don't trip the voltage protection.
Turning down punchrate also helps. I run mine about 10/15 with all the boost. Crc 7000/90c
Car is plenty fast with reedy 4.0.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote