R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 10-31-2014, 03:28 PM   #12001
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've recently purchased a v3.1 120A esc and is having issue with brake strength on both mod software and stock software. There is brake strength but noticeably weaker than other brand lie tekin rs first gen and even their own just stock esc. This seems very odd. I used the programing card to set brake to 100% and brake punch to max on both stage, but it did not solve the issue. Can someone please help out. I use futaba 4pksr and set the throttle/ brake split to 70/30 instead of 50/50 from factory.
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 PM   #12002
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
I've recently purchased a v3.1 120A esc and is having issue with brake strength on both mod software and stock software. There is brake strength but noticeably weaker than other brand lie tekin rs first gen and even their own just stock esc. This seems very odd. I used the programing card to set brake to 100% and brake punch to max on both stage, but it did not solve the issue. Can someone please help out. I use futaba 4pksr and set the throttle/ brake split to 70/30 instead of 50/50 from factory.
Set the reverse to 100%. Not sure why it helps, but it does.
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:58 AM   #12003
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
If you are running the old firmware run the maximum brake at 87.5%, for some reason if you go past this the brakes don't work too well, however with the new software I am now running 100% braking with no issues. You could also check your brake rates, standard is 1st rate 20/20, only 10/20 for second rate, you could turn this up to 20
Old 11-02-2014, 09:47 PM   #12004
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
I have everything same as you. Reverse set to 100%. Brakes set to highest. Contacted Hobbywing and the list of things to do to return it is not worth the $130 of time. I just bought another one and no issues with new one. Just thought I could send my old one in with receipt and have them check it out. Not so simple.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #12005
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya View Post
I have everything same as you. Reverse set to 100%. Brakes set to highest. Contacted Hobbywing and the list of things to do to return it is not worth the $130 of time. I just bought another one and no issues with new one. Just thought I could send my old one in with receipt and have them check it out. Not so simple.
Brakes are also affected by the motor brand your using and software.Upgrade software from the new usb link and you should fix the issue.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #12006
Tech Elite

Hi guys with in 2 weeks i will have more news on the zero spec v3.1 so ill keep all of you updated.

ps any help needed please email ae@hobbywing.com

thanks
Old 11-03-2014, 12:56 PM   #12007
Tech Elite

Quote:
the v3.1 does not have stock or mod software only the v2.1 has those packages .V3.1 has one set of software which you adjust to your liking.
Old 11-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #12008
Tech Apprentice

Hi.

Can I use this Keyence capacitor for the Hobbywing ESC?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-keyence.jpg  
bosschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:10 PM   #12009
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Brakes are also affected by the motor brand your using and software.Upgrade software from the new usb link and you should fix the issue.
Installed same new esc with same motor as previous with no issues. Only issue is the return policy.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:52 PM   #12010
Tech Elite

Quote:
Installed same new esc with same motor as previous with no issues. Only issue is the return policy.
Please tell me the issue with the return policy ?
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 11-08-2014, 09:02 PM   #12011
Tech Elite

hello my dear friends and loyal supporters just to make you aware I will be able to help you with technical issues or setup issues via email at ae@hobbywing.com
Please try not to r tech message me as I cannot send you software etc to fix your problem please email me or post to the thread and leave your email and I'll get back to you .I am available 7 days a week and will respond between 10-and 6 hours depending on the time zone .

I'm here for all of you so please email I will go out of my way to help you .

Regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 11-08-2014, 10:10 PM   #12012
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (99%+)

Quote:
hello my dear friends and loyal supporters just to make you aware I will be able to help you with technical issues or setup issues via email at ae@hobbywing.com
Please try not to r tech message me as I cannot send you software etc to fix your problem please email me or post to the thread and leave your email and I'll get back to you .I am available 7 days a week and will respond between 10-and 6 hours depending on the time zone .

I'm here for all of you so please email I will go out of my way to help you .

Regards Angelo
I have a SCT pro ESC in my 4wd Sct. During a few qualifiers, my 4x4 will lose throttle or brake and coast but I still have steering. do you know what's causing this? the sensor wire that connects to the ESC port has been very loose out of the box; that is, it comes unattached with very little resistance. I've tried a few different sensor wires but they all come off very easy
EXOTEK 22 SCT 2.0 - HW v3.1 ESC & Express Motorsports 24KO 17.5t
TLR 22T 2.0 - HW Xerun XR10 160A ESC & Express Motorsports 24k 10.5T
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #12013
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT View Post
I have a SCT pro ESC in my 4wd Sct. During a few qualifiers, my 4x4 will lose throttle or brake and coast but I still have steering. do you know what's causing this? the sensor wire that connects to the ESC port has been very loose out of the box; that is, it comes unattached with very little resistance. I've tried a few different sensor wires but they all come off very easy
ok please tell me what software you are using ,what type of motor 540 or 550 and how many pole .please also let me know what setting is your voltage cut off set to.I will also ask can you please run a full battery through your sct with no sensor cable plugged in and let me know if it still cuts out with the throttle.
Old 11-09-2014, 01:30 AM   #12014
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (99%+)

Quote:
ok please tell me what software you are using ,what type of motor 540 or 550 and how many pole .please also let me know what setting is your voltage cut off set to.I will also ask can you please run a full battery through your sct with no sensor cable plugged in and let me know if it still cuts out with the throttle.
the latest software is installed on the esc; it think it's V3.2_140627. I'm using the Xerun 3656 4000kv 4pole motor; lvc is set to 2.8v. I ran the 4wd without the sensor wire plugged in and the throttle did not cut off.
EXOTEK 22 SCT 2.0 - HW v3.1 ESC & Express Motorsports 24KO 17.5t
TLR 22T 2.0 - HW Xerun XR10 160A ESC & Express Motorsports 24k 10.5T
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:00 AM   #12015
Tech Elite

please take your end bell off the motor and clean your hall sensors ,clean your rotor and check all the sensor pin connectors on the esc and the motor .This will solve your problem.