R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 10-24-2014, 02:08 PM   #11986
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge T View Post
implement full data logging of rpm, volts and temp per run, instead of only a snapshot of max temp, max rpm and min. volts.
Yes please, full data logging (at 0.1s intervals) so I can get rid of the separate data logger.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #11987
dtr
Tech Master

Quote:
implement full data logging of rpm, volts and temp per run, instead of only a snapshot of max temp, max rpm and min. volts.
Also log all input from the rx, preferably to a microsd card.
dtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #11988
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
17.5 blinky brakes are strong. You just need to adjust the default to get the "feel" that you like. Reverse force affects how strong the brakes feel. Not just the brake percentage needs to adjusted for maximum force.
Really? I did not know that !

Leaf Spring Mafia - Member #1
https://www.facebook.com/LeafSpringMafia
https://www.instagram.com/LeafSpringMafia
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:19 PM   #11989
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosscat View Post
Angelo
There is a device available that you connect to the sensor lead that by lighting one of 3 LED's in turn tells you if the sensor board and sensor cable are working properly. if that feature could be incorporated that would be really useful in my opinion.
+1 a sensor board and sensor wire checking function on the program box would save a lot of headaches and time replacing wires and boards as a troubleshooting measure. On the box a continuity checker with two sets of the sensor wire inputs that just lights up if there's continuity. This verifies proper sensor wire function before using the following... A set of lights on the esc ala Tekin that indicates the esc is seeing the sensor boards properly. With the wire already verified this would leave the only culprit to be the motor board. I think I might frankenstein a couple old sensor boards or connectors to make the continuity deal...

Quote:
I think an in between unit for data logging would be nice. I certainly wouldn't want the bulk and price added to every esc, but it would be nice to have a simple box to use inline or just added on and plugged in that could be removed when not needed.

A pair of +/- solder spots for the cap banks. Just small holes in the board for the 22g wire from the cap banks. I hate trying to get both the battery + and the cap bank connected at the same time in a clean manner. Or replacing a cap and having to resolder or replace the +/- battery lead.

Not sure how feasible this is but the ability to store 2-5 profiles in the esc itself and then swap between them using beeps/lights/button presses only (or better yet changed via bluetooth so one could make changes from profile A to B to C in practice from the stand to find their preference)
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 10-24-2014 at 08:33 PM.
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:33 AM   #11990
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
+1 a sensor board and sensor wire checking function on the program box would save a lot of headaches and time replacing wires and boards as a troubleshooting measure. On the box a continuity checker with two sets of the sensor wire inputs that just lights up if there's continuity. This verifies proper sensor wire function before using the following... A set of lights on the esc ala Tekin that indicates the esc is seeing the sensor boards properly. With the wire already verified this would leave the only culprit to be the motor board. I think I might frankenstein a couple old sensor boards or connectors to make the continuity deal...

I think an in between unit for data logging would be nice. I certainly wouldn't want the bulk and price added to every esc, but it would be nice to have a simple box to use inline or just added on and plugged in that could be removed when not needed.

A pair of +/- solder spots for the cap banks. Just small holes in the board for the 22g wire from the cap banks. I hate trying to get both the battery + and the cap bank connected at the same time in a clean manner. Or replacing a cap and having to resolder or replace the +/- battery lead.

Not sure how feasible this is but the ability to store 2-5 profiles in the esc itself and then swap between them using beeps/lights/button presses only (or better yet changed via bluetooth so one could make changes from profile A to B to C in practice from the stand to find their preference)
+1 on the different profiles, be happy if it could be changed via a new programming box or phone if possible
Old 10-25-2014, 09:15 PM   #11991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hello friends

I would like you guys to tell me what features you would like on our Hobbywing products
Very fond of the V3 120A.

I have found there is a slightly longer delay in the transition from acceleration to brake than other ESC. Not a problem you get used to it but if the delay could be reduced that would be great.

Some more logging information would also be handy.

Shorter servo wire to suit TC and a flat case on the back side were most racers stick the external capacitors.

+1 for motor sensor testing/diagnostics.

LCD program box is great I wouldn't bother with a smart phone app too many compatibility issues.
frozenpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:28 PM   #11992
mes
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hello friends

I would like you guys to tell me what features you would like on our Hobbywing products i can say a larger bec like 7.4v 6 amp is on the cards but id like some ideas from you the customers i wont promise that they will be implemented that will all depend if they can be done in the hardware and software.

post your ideas here.

thanks your friend always Angelo
Futaba, Sanwa/Airtronics and Graupner/SJ offer the option of setting their respective ESCs via their transmitters' telemetry function. It would be brilliant to see a third party ESC work with this kind of function.
mes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:44 AM   #11993
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Angelo,

is there any upcoming ESC from HW to replace the Justock or the Xtrem Stock soon?
Any information or release date?

Thanks in advance,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 AM   #11994
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Really? I did not know that !
Yeah it is a little odd. But if you read through this forum there are others that have pointed this out. And from experience it is true. There is a video floating around that has a ton of info about how the ESC functions.
Old 10-28-2014, 02:50 AM   #11995
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Hi Angelo,

is there any upcoming ESC from HW to replace the Justock or the Xtrem Stock soon?
Any information or release date?

Thanks in advance,
G-rem
?
Old 10-28-2014, 03:07 AM   #11996
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
?
this one?

XERUN-STOCK SPEC V3.1
http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=289
rsterren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 03:44 AM   #11997
Tech Addict

No, the Justock or the Xtrem Stock...
Old 10-28-2014, 04:27 AM   #11998
Tech Rookie

yeah thats the justock an extreme..
the replacement would be the xerun-stock spec 3.1 was my guess...
rsterren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:07 PM   #11999
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've recently purchased a v3.1 120A esc and is having issue with brake strength on both mod software and stock software. There is brake strength but noticeably weaker than other brand lie tekin rs first gen and even their own just stock esc. This seems very odd. I used the programing card to set brake to 100% and brake punch to max on both stage, but it did not solve the issue. Can someone please help out. I use futaba 4pksr and set the throttle/ brake split to 70/30 instead of 50/50 from factory.
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #12000
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
I've recently purchased a v3.1 120A esc and is having issue with brake strength on both mod software and stock software. There is brake strength but noticeably weaker than other brand lie tekin rs first gen and even their own just stock esc. This seems very odd. I used the programing card to set brake to 100% and brake punch to max on both stage, but it did not solve the issue. Can someone please help out. I use futaba 4pksr and set the throttle/ brake split to 70/30 instead of 50/50 from factory.
Check your reverse strength. Yes, it effects braking.
OrganicMechanic is offline   Reply With Quote