R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #11911
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdog View Post
There are many applications where this is not effective. Not everyone runs road course and need the rpm adjustability. Why cant you leave in the option to run both methods instead of locking it in to the combined version. I realize i can just revert back to an older version but my fear is I will be missing out on further updates/enhancements later on. I have received calls everyday about this from users that are worried about the same issue.
+1 to this, how about an 'Auto RPM' option to switch between the two methods? Would be much better than requiring a firmware switch (especially considering the current risks in doing this).
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:31 AM   #11912
Tech Elite

After some testing with the usb link and the v3.1 i have found two issues with the software
1.Strange characters on the interface which is actually chinese as the default even when changed to english the characters are still wrong in some settings especially motor temp cut off and esc temp cut off.

I did many upgrades and downgrades on the v3.1 with no issues so the software was not the issue when upgrades were done and the esc would not connect to esc.

So conclusion is a small batch of v3.1 with defective roms so if you experience the esc being locked it means the burned in factory settings are lost so please return your esc to your place of purchase to be fixed.

Thanks guys and happy racing and thank you for your loyalty.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 02:33 AM   #11913
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
+1 to this, how about an 'Auto RPM' option to switch between the two methods? Would be much better than requiring a firmware switch (especially considering the current risks in doing this).
I will look into it.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 09-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #11914
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

V3.2_140627_Beta

Does this version have any improvements when using the "Profile 2" 0 timing settings? I read the release notes and it only mentions improvements when using the Boost/Turbo timing settings. What is the best release version for stock 0 timing applications?
Old 09-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #11915
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
After some testing with the usb link and the v3.1 i have found two issues with the software

So conclusion is a small batch of v3.1 with defective roms
It's not just the 3.1, but the 1s version also. The fact it cost me an extra $20 bucks to ship back a brand new Esc for replacement from a manufacturer defect does not sit very well with me.

I will say that FalconSekeido dealt with the issue quickly, but I did miss the first few races of the season with a car sitting on my desk. Hopefully the Esc will get here in the next few weeks so I can get back to racing.

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:50 PM   #11916
Tech Regular

I upgraded my speedo to the newest software at the weekend having not read about the issues some of you guys were having and I was lucky that all went according to plan. I really like the new software with no settings for the boost RPM as it saves any confusion on my part and I really do feel that it comes out of the corner really well. I was running 13.5 boosted and I am very impressed...sorry for the issues some of you are having but I definitely think the new software is a step forward.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #11917
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
It's not just the 3.1, but the 1s version also. The fact it cost me an extra $20 bucks to ship back a brand new Esc for replacement from a manufacturer defect does not sit very well with me.

I will say that FalconSekeido dealt with the issue quickly, but I did miss the first few races of the season with a car sitting on my desk. Hopefully the Esc will get here in the next few weeks so I can get back to racing.
Im sure falcon sekido will reinburse you your $20 for shipping your esc back to them for a replacement as they have promised as long as your from the USA.
Hobbywing doe's not let anyone down especially if it is a factory defect we even replaced some escs in the past that users have reversed polarity on the battery so im sure we are very fair probably the fairest of all manufactures in after sales service and tech support.We know what has gone wrong with escs in the past and we know who is telling us the truth or not.

Im sure you will have the esc back shortly .

happy racing and thank you for your support of hobbywing.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #11918
Tech Fanatic

Well I am not from the USA I am in Canada. Hobbywing doesn't have a distributor in Canada. I also have a JustStock with a blown sensor port that I was going to send in with my V3.1 1s but since it was 1 month past the year warrenty they wanted to charge me more to look at it than it is to buy a new one. I thought they might be nice about it considering the situation of having to ship a new ESC back to them, but they were not. The ESC broke in April but like I said it costs more to ship than what it's worth. Reedy replaced the motor that broke when the ESC fried no questions asked. I got a promo code to use for future purchases but it doesn't work. I emailed them and asked why it didn't work. The respose I got was that it does work. I tried again today and it still doesn't. Maybe because I am trying on a smartphone, or because I am in Canada.

I am a loyal hobbywing user. I will continue to buy and use Hobbywing ESCs. I didn't get bad service, I got what should be expected but nothing more.

CARCAR VP carcar.ca

Last edited by Madulla; 09-28-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #11919
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

So I'm in Australia and I've just bought a brand new 1s 3.1 and 2s 3.1 from amains because the Australian agent wanted nearly $100us more for each unit. I'm afraid to update these new speedies in case they brick. I'll probably have to pay for shipping to and from the us to get fixed if that's the case as I don't expect the rip off shop to help me. Is there any way to identify iF my speedies are from this bad batch?

Fwiw I've just switched from Orion and I'm wondering iF IVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION.

Adelaide RC

Walter Rc Hobby
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #11920
Tech Fanatic

The ESC I got was from Amain...

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Old 09-29-2014, 06:48 PM   #11921
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post

+1+1+1+1
I'm in the same boat here albeit a boat in the U.S.
New car, new motor new ESC and can't race because the damn thing bricked 10 minutes after installing. Had to pay shipping for an ESC that just came out of the box and now told it would be 5 to 8 business days till an engineer will get around to looking at it. It's a known problem for Pete sake! One would think that a replacement should be in the mail the day after the faulty piece arrived. Help a brother out and get me on the track! I'm running blinky and I'm kicking myself for updating my ESC. If I had read this thread before this happened, I would be racing.
I will say... their customer service is quite good, I just wish I didn't have to use them so soon after buying their products.
R-Factor RC- TC4-R, P8 PanCar
Not as Fast as I want to be but too old to Whine about it... 8-)
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:05 PM   #11922
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (99%+)

Is boost and turbo a programmable item on the Xerun-120 v2.1 ESC? I only see timing listed on the HWNA website. If so, then what firmware do I need to use?
EXOTEK 22 SCT 2.0 - HW v3.1 ESC & Express Motorsports 24KO 17.5t
TLR 22T 2.0 - HW Xerun XR10 160A ESC & Express Motorsports 24k 10.5T
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #11923
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
So I'm in Australia and I've just bought a brand new 1s 3.1 and 2s 3.1 from amains because the Australian agent wanted nearly $100us more for each unit. I'm afraid to update these new speedies in case they brick. I'll probably have to pay for shipping to and from the us to get fixed if that's the case as I don't expect the rip off shop to help me. Is there any way to identify iF my speedies are from this bad batch?

Fwiw I've just switched from Orion and I'm wondering iF IVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION.
The Australian agent wanted $100 US more for each esc? Really? I never received any contact from you at all! So you must have bought them for $100 each then? wow let me know so i can buy some to at that price let me know.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #11924
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYSIT View Post
Is boost and turbo a programmable item on the Xerun-120 v2.1 ESC? I only see timing listed on the HWNA website. If so, then what firmware do I need to use?
yes the 120amp has both boost and turbo programmable options
Old 10-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #11925
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
yes the 120amp has both boost and turbo programmable options

thank you cobra. Is the HW sct pro is more suitable for a 4 pole motor? Is the programmable items and BEC vol the only diff between the v2.1 & sct pro ESCs ?
EXOTEK 22 SCT 2.0 - HW v3.1 ESC & Express Motorsports 24KO 17.5t
TLR 22T 2.0 - HW Xerun XR10 160A ESC & Express Motorsports 24k 10.5T
DriveItLikeYSIT is offline   Reply With Quote