R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 05-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #11746
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Dude. That is what I call customer service. 7 days a week? Personal worldwide cell number? Next level Angelo. Next level. Glad to be on your side!

thank you for the kind words but ive always said it i dont want to be the biggest but the best worldwide
in customer service tech support i want the user/racers to know that they have that support when needed no matter at home or at the track .I want the distributors and the retail stores to know they have the support available to make make warranty decisions on the spot or technical fix on the spot this is my aim as i see not only in our industry but many others that the support is limited to the consumer.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #11747
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thumbs up for Angelo
If you got a problem, who do you call or mail?? Angelo
Every issue you don't get sorted he wil or help you to get it done.

Regards Roy
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #11748
Tech Adept

im having same issue with update cant program though box says needs update software
but can use pc
to slow for you is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #11749
Tech Initiate

Again with the amazing suport CobraRacing.

Tks Angelo, people like you make a difference ...
Again prestimoso and helpful, anytime.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:56 AM   #11750
Tech Apprentice

I was wondering if anyone can help, I ran on a Med/large outdoor track at the weekend and it was wet so ran the wet car with my old LRP SXX Stock Spec in it. As it dried out I which to the dry car running my Hobbywing V3 with the standard stock boosted software. I couldn't believe the lack of brakes I had compared to the LRP. Top speed was on par between the two but I was having to brake so much earlier. I thought the brakes were ok until I ran my old LRP.

Tried all the usual changes, 100% reverse, different brake strengths, added drag brake initial brake etc.

Cheers Mike
Mikkel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:08 AM   #11751
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have 3 V3.1 Stock spec ESC's and 1 Justock ESC. When I plug the Justock into the programming box, it says I need to update the firmware. Is it as simple as just plugging the Justock ESC and box into the computer, or do I need to download some additional firmware to the box to use with this ESC? If I need to download, can someone post the link to what needs to be downloaded.
joncmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:04 AM   #11752
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joncmack View Post
I have 3 V3.1 Stock spec ESC's and 1 Justock ESC. When I plug the Justock into the programming box, it says I need to update the firmware. Is it as simple as just plugging the Justock ESC and box into the computer, or do I need to download some additional firmware to the box to use with this ESC? If I need to download, can someone post the link to what needs to be downloaded.
Depends which box you have. The old 2-in-1 box can either have firmware on it to program the v3, or firmware on it to do the v2. It can't do both ESCs without changing the box firmware every time, which is a PITA.

The new 3-in-1 box can do both ECSs on the same box firmware, so getting one of these will make life easier.
daleburr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #11753
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel_R View Post
I was wondering if anyone can help, I ran on a Med/large outdoor track at the weekend and it was wet so ran the wet car with my old LRP SXX Stock Spec in it. As it dried out I which to the dry car running my Hobbywing V3 with the standard stock boosted software. I couldn't believe the lack of brakes I had compared to the LRP. Top speed was on par between the two but I was having to brake so much earlier. I thought the brakes were ok until I ran my old LRP.

Tried all the usual changes, 100% reverse, different brake strengths, added drag brake initial brake etc.

Cheers Mike
What motor, rotor and FDR are you running? As these make a difference to braking strength.

Top 2 at Bedworth Sunday were both using HW v3.1 stock specs to good effect. Brakes on 87.5%.
daleburr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #11754
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi Guys

Please don't forget i am available 7 days a week to help you guys with your rc issues esc's etc so if your at thetrack and struggling dont pack it up and go please contact me on ae@hobbywing.com ,teamcobraracing@gmail.com so then i can send you files etc to sort out your break downs etc .For very urgent fixes please call me on my cell phone +61430009769 worldwide.
This is my number when im travelling +372 8104 3974
Im here to help you guys.

regards Angelo
This is awesome thanks.
f1o7x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #11755
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
Depends which box you have. The old 2-in-1 box can either have firmware on it to program the v3, or firmware on it to do the v2. It can't do both ESCs without changing the box firmware every time, which is a PITA.

The new 3-in-1 box can do both ECSs on the same box firmware, so getting one of these will make life easier.
You'll need software on your PC. Hobbywing USB link v3.4 to update firmware.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:56 AM   #11756
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
Dude. That is what I call customer service. 7 days a week? Personal worldwide cell number? Next level Angelo. Next level. Glad to be on your side!
Yeah, Angelo is a good guys. Great representation for Hobbywing. Thanks for all you do Angelo. You may not hear it enough but there are many people that appreciate all you do bud. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #11757
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleburr View Post
What motor, rotor and FDR are you running? As these make a difference to braking strength.

Top 2 at Bedworth Sunday were both using HW v3.1 stock specs to good effect. Brakes on 87.5%.
Tested with the same motors, rotors and FDR. Motor 1 was the Orion VST2 and the other was the LRP X12 both with a FDR of 5.9.

I did some more back to back testing and on the track there's a definite difference in braking performance. The Hobbywing seems to brake more gradual to begin with then for the last couple of meters they come on strong, its more obvious braking from high speed.

The LRP has a much more linear braking, initial braking is strong and stays that way all the way until it stops.

I tried a lot of the brake settings on the Hobbywing but couldn't match the LRP.
Mikkel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:28 AM   #11758
Bar
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LRP speedos have always had amazing brakes. My only gripe with the HW is the braking, I would like to see this improved in the future
Old 05-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #11759
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkel_R View Post

Cheers Mike
Did you increase Brake Rate Switch Point? Default is 50%, raise it to 100%
Did you increase 1st stage brake rate? Default is 10, max is 20
Did you increase 2nd stage brake rate? Default is 10, max is 20
Did you try custom Brake input curve? Default is linear, try creating your own brake curve using PC

idbdoug
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:31 AM   #11760
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can't seem to find the link to download the "508_no timing" firmware. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
joncmack is offline   Reply With Quote