R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 02-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #11581
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
is a warranty card supposed to be included in the box? got my just stock yesterday from pete and its not in front of me, but i thinking i dont recall seeing one ? and is ther any new updates for the just stock esc that i should look into? not to familiar with that line .

and BTW thanks to Pete at fierce for the fast shipping now i can race it tomorrow .
No more warranty cards are supplied it is by your proof of purchase were yoir warranty code thats on the box label should be displayed on your receipt.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #11582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

ah ok, so we dont have to register? just hang on to the receipt assuming it has the correct info on it ?
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #11583
Tech Elite

Quote:
ah ok, so we dont have to register? just hang on to the receipt assuming it has the correct info on it ?
Correct .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 02-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #11584
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
V3 508 zero timing is the latest.

Please search my tutorial on youtube.Hobbywing usb link tutorial that will explain what to do step by step.

Regards Angelo
OK I found your tutorial. downloaded the USB link, hooked the LCD box to the USB cable & the othe end of the USB cable to my computer and the white red and black wire from the ESC the LCD box. Upgraded the LCD box to V1.1_120331_V3 and turned on the ESC and upgraded the ESC to V3 508 Zero Timing software. Also programmed settings from my PC and saved onto the ESC. turned off the ESC and unplugged the USB cable from the LCD box

Now when I turn on the ESC it reads Hobbywing V1.1_120331_V3. Then when I push the ITEM buttom is says "Connecting ESC", then "Please upgrade the software". It will do nothing else. Glad I diin'y trying this on the car I planned to race tomorrow or I'd be SOL.

What am I doing wrong?
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #11585
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wallace2 View Post
OK I found your tutorial. downloaded the USB link, hooked the LCD box to the USB calbe & my computer and the white red and black wire from the ESC the LCD box. Upgraded the LCD box to V1.1_120331_V3 and upgraded the ESC to V3 508 Zero Timing software. Also programmed settings from my PC ans saved onto the ESC.

Now when I turn on the ESC it reads Hobbywing V1.1_120331_V3. Then when I push the ITEM buttom is says Connecting ESC, then "Please upgrade the software".

What am I doing wrong?
John please plug in the lcd box to the pc and load up the usb link the you will have only two options the 331 and one another which is for the 2.1version esc like the justock load that and it will be fine.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #11586
Tech Addict

Quote:
John please plug in the lcd box to the pc and load up the usb link the you will have only two options the 331 and one another which is for the 2.1version esc like the justock load that and it will be fine.
Thanks for the quick reply. I may still get to run my USGT car tomorrow. I didn't find the two options you mentioned but I just reinstalled the original LCD software and everthing seems to be working again. I'll wait to update the HW ESC in my USVTA car until I see how this car runs.

Again thanks very much.
Old 02-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #11587
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
is a warranty card supposed to be included in the box? got my just stock yesterday from pete and its not in front of me, but i thinking i dont recall seeing one ? and is ther any new updates for the just stock esc that i should look into? not to familiar with that line .

and BTW thanks to Pete at fierce for the fast shipping now i can race it tomorrow .
Your welcome enjoy and good luck
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:41 PM   #11588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastPete View Post
Your welcome enjoy and good luck
esc was great, but somehow 1st qualifier i managed to break the tiny tab off the power buton any suggestions on repairing it. i know alot of guys just like using the lipo plug for a switch, but id rather have a switch lol
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:57 AM   #11589
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi, I've been looking round, but can't locate a clear answer for this: I've got a Xerun 1s 120a v2.1 ESC and the Multifunction Program box with the latest firmware (3.4_131202) loaded up. The ESC currently has blinky software in it. I'm swapping it over to a class that allows timing/boost. Which version of the firmware do I need to unlock all the options for this ESC?
Old 02-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #11590
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Hi, I've been looking round, but can't locate a clear answer for this: I've got a Xerun 1s 120a v2.1 ESC and the Multifunction Program box with the latest firmware (3.4_131202) loaded up. The ESC currently has blinky software in it. I'm swapping it over to a class that allows timing/boost. Which version of the firmware do I need to unlock all the options for this ESC?
Look for a firmware that has (Stock) in it. It gives you the most amount of tuning options.

The (Mod) firmware limits boost/turbo in order for you not to completely destroy your hardware. If you know what you're doing, just stick with the Stock firmware.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:39 AM   #11591
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
esc was great, but somehow 1st qualifier i managed to break the tiny tab off the power buton any suggestions on repairing it. i know alot of guys just like using the lipo plug for a switch, but id rather have a switch lol
Glad you liked it PM sent
Authorized Dealer for /Agama / Tekno / Team Associated / Schelle / Hobbywing / PT Racing Shock & Diff oil / Serpent / Tekin / JConcepts / AKA / Proline / Savox / M2C / Picco / www.fiercercsolutions.com Like us on facebook www.facebook.com/FierceRCSolutions
FastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #11592
Tech Addict

Quote:
Didn't get a chance to run my USGT car with the V3 No Timing software, but what are the main differences between the V1 that came with the Just Stock ESCs and the latest V3 software? Looked on the website but those only seem to detail the software versions for the other HW ESCs.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:52 AM   #11593
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
Look for a firmware that has (Stock) in it. It gives you the most amount of tuning options.

The (Mod) firmware limits boost/turbo in order for you not to completely destroy your hardware. If you know what you're doing, just stick with the Stock firmware.
Thanks. That's exactly what I was after. I'll approach things cautiously, as I always do. Can't afford blowing anything up!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:53 PM   #11594
Tech Rookie

Please help, I have got a new V3.1 and run 13.5 T open, I have worked out on the version V2.1 u could control the motor temp using Item 15 acc.

Now with this new version I can work out the acc. Is there a way of working out the acc on this version ?
mattst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #11595
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattst View Post
Please help, I have got a new V3.1 and run 13.5 T open, I have worked out on the version V2.1 u could control the motor temp using Item 15 acc.

Now with this new version I can work out the acc. Is there a way of working out the acc on this version ?
Please email ae@hobbywing.com