R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2014, 07:08 AM   #11521
avs
Tech Master
 
avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,144
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
Is there plan to have the XERUN-120A-1S V3.1 ROAR approved? Thanks.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
yes Ronny
Hobbywing 81020340 81020350 81020360 XERUN-120A V3.1 Software V3.1_121129_beta ESC must use Profile #2, red LED on power button flashes when throttle is at neutral in non-timing mode
81020340 81020350 81020360 are the 2s version in 3 colors. the 1s version is not on the approved list. is this a clerical error or something else?
__________________
Tony Shimko
avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 AM   #11522
Tech Regular
 
Fredp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 321
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314ck5h33p View Post
Cobra, used the Reedy 4.0 motor (TC ON), the fast track;
The track is hot (+ / - 50C) and air temp + / - 35C.
My ESC V3.1 (new)!
FDR 8.6 (One CSO). motor was ok! 80 to 90C, max.
But the ESC stoped, it disarmed by overheat protection.

Setup in race was 0 boost and 0 Turbo, for 5 minutes to finish the race.
I tried using 5 points Boost (start 30k and Finish 60.000) and thus was up to 4 minutes (overheat protection).

I can not use this set?

Motor Reedy first generation with Reedy 6500 65C lipos. Endbell is a Zero points.

Tks.
Cannot comment on your setup, but I wouldn't run a motor over 70c. The temp measured at the end bell can be 3 times or more internally.
I'm not surprised the speedy shut it self down.
You may have been fortunate it did, as it saved a motor from going up in smoke.
__________________
Dean(13 years old)- Awesomatix A800, Fanton FR-1 13.5 Motor, Fantom batteries, ORCA VX3 esc, KO Propo
Evan(8 years old)- VBC Wildfire D06 Dynamics, Hobbywing Extreme Stock, XERUN V10 21.5, Fantom batteries, KO Propo
Dad(Fred)- VBC Wildfire D06 Dynamics, Hobbywing Stock Spec, R1 Wurks 21.5, KO Propo
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #11523
Tech Adept
 
aSab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 224
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Angelo,

congrats for getting Atsushi Hara onto the Hobbywing team! I wish all of you good luck! (everyone can now see, that the hard work like yours really pays off)
aSab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:08 PM   #11524
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSab View Post
Angelo,

congrats for getting Atsushi Hara onto the Hobbywing team! I wish all of you good luck! (everyone can now see, that the hard work like yours really pays off)
Thank you for the kind words i really appreciate it .I try my best thats all i can do i am the face of Hw and i need to work harder to keep HW at the top not only in quality design and performance but more important than all of that is the the tech support and after sales service.
I dont believe that a customer needs to wait 2 weeks for a reply i believe 24hours max .

We need to work harder because other esc manufacturers or brands will start catching up and i will not allow that to happen i must be atleast 2-3 years ahead in all levels.

Once again thank you for your kind words

Angelo
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:10 PM   #11525
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
+1



81020340 81020350 81020360 are the 2s version in 3 colors. the 1s version is not on the approved list. is this a clerical error or something else?
Im sure its a typo as i know it has been approved because i know the software is approved for all v3 and 2.1 series esc's ill check with roar next monday-tuesday.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:13 PM   #11526
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314ck5h33p View Post
Cobra, used the Reedy 4.0 motor (TC ON), the fast track;
The track is hot (+ / - 50C) and air temp + / - 35C.
My ESC V3.1 (new)!
FDR 8.6 (One CSO). motor was ok! 80 to 90C, max.
But the ESC stoped, it disarmed by overheat protection.

Setup in race was 0 boost and 0 Turbo, for 5 minutes to finish the race.
I tried using 5 points Boost (start 30k and Finish 60.000) and thus was up to 4 minutes (overheat protection).

I can not use this set?

Motor Reedy first generation with Reedy 6500 65C lipos. Endbell is a Zero points.

Tks.
Send me an email at ae@hobbywing.com
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #11527
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Brazil / SP
Posts: 40
Default

Tks Cobra... sent my setup sheet.

__________________
!
314ck5h33p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #11528
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,938
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

running 17.5 blinky will i see any differentce in running a just stock vs stock spec 3.1 or the competition v3.1? also i say on the hw website the lcd box had stopped production? is there somthing new ?
__________________
Alan Hall
AE B5r
AE B5/SC10
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #11529
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
running 17.5 blinky will i see any differentce in running a just stock vs stock spec 3.1 or the competition v3.1? also i say on the hw website the lcd box had stopped production? is there somthing new ?
All 3 are top escs the justock is zero timing and no other software can be loaded it is also part of the v2 family of esc like the 120 amp ,60 amp and xtreme stock which csn run boost timing and turbo etc.
The other escs you mentioned are part of the new generation v3 and can run zero timing but also boost and turbo timing applications.

If you are running on blinky and always running blinky stick with the justock which can run down to a 8.5t motor if turbo is needed and lower turn motors the others mentioned will work fine with zero and turbo .The v3 also runs different software with more adjustability and options and is fitted with a cnc aluminium case for better heat dissipation.v3.1 120 amp competition only.

There is a new lcd program box which can run both version and also has a built in lipo voltage checker.

Send me an email if you want to know more or need a setup to begin with i will be vety happy to help you out. ae@hobbywing.com
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #11530
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,938
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
All 3 are top escs the justock is zero timing and no other software can be loaded it is also part of the v2 family of esc like the 120 amp ,60 amp and xtreme stock which csn run boost timing and turbo etc.
The other escs you mentioned are part of the new generation v3 and can run zero timing but also boost and turbo timing applications.

If you are running on blinky and always running blinky stick with the justock which can run down to a 8.5t motor if turbo is needed and lower turn motors the others mentioned will work fine with zero and turbo .The v3 also runs different software with more adjustability and options and is fitted with a cnc aluminium case for better heat dissipation.v3.1 120 amp competition only.

There is a new lcd program box which can run both version and also has a built in lipo voltage checker.

Send me an email if you want to know more or need a setup to begin with i will be vety happy to help you out. ae@hobbywing.com
thanks for the reply. i wasnt sure if the 3.1 software made more power or smoothness difference or somthing i wasnt seeing . the esc will be in touring car 17.5 blinky 95% of the time. possibly with an option to run in 2wd off road.
__________________
Alan Hall
AE B5r
AE B5/SC10
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #11531
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
thanks for the reply. i wasnt sure if the 3.1 software made more power or smoothness difference or somthing i wasnt seeing . the esc will be in touring car 17.5 blinky 95% of the time. possibly with an option to run in 2wd off road.
The v3 series esc's are the worlds most powerful and smoothest .The software is also the most advanced.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #11532
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
thanks for the reply. i wasnt sure if the 3.1 software made more power or smoothness difference or somthing i wasnt seeing . the esc will be in touring car 17.5 blinky 95% of the time. possibly with an option to run in 2wd off road.
There's a slight difference in feel between the v2.1 and the v3 firmwares.

That being said, it's a very small difference in feel on the carpet. I've used pretty much every HW ESC, from the Justock to the 60a, 90a, 120a, 120v3, 120v3.1, Stock Spec v3.1.

ANY of them are awesome in blinky. For mod, I greatly prefer the v3 firmware though.
__________________
Xray | Airtronics | R1Wurks LiPo | Hobbywing
hyujmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #11533
Tech Master
 
evochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Sydney AU
Posts: 1,471
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanHall View Post
thanks for the reply. i wasnt sure if the 3.1 software made more power or smoothness difference or somthing i wasnt seeing . the esc will be in touring car 17.5 blinky 95% of the time. possibly with an option to run in 2wd off road.
One of the features i like on the V3's which is really handy for blinky mode touring car is the fan port.
You dont need to run the ESC fan for 17.5 and 13.5 it just doesnt get hot enough, so you can use the fan port to plug your motor fan in. This port is also high voltage so you can run 8.4 volt fans with no issues.

Beth. (happy hobbywing customer)
__________________
UnRetired
evochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #11534
Tech Elite
 
AlanHall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Watson ,Louisiana
Posts: 2,938
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall
Default

thanks for the replys. I think ill go with the stock spec 3.1 over the just stock then.
__________________
Alan Hall
AE B5r
AE B5/SC10
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #11535
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 902
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

The stock spec is awesome. I run one on my blinky car. Awesome ESC.
__________________
Xray | Airtronics | R1Wurks LiPo | Hobbywing
hyujmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:38 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0