R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 12-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #11401
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
Alright. i guess ive had my 3.1 set way aggressivly for my 1/12.
I tried to run the default modify mode settings with my Tekin Gen 2 4.5 and Reedy 6500mah 65c and still had power dumping around the 3 minute mark.
I turned the boost timing down from 20 to 10 and still had the timely drop in power. sometimes id get the power and others i wouldnt. maybe rpm related, ie i got on the power after slowing down too much to get into a corner and the punch maybe just sagged the battery?
a reedy pack should be able to handle this car me thinks...

well after hooking it up to pclink, the minimum voltage recorded was 3.1 volts.

what do people run for their punch settings? default is 20. ive tried turning the 1st punch rate down to 10 but if the punch rates are throttle position dependant and not rpm, that probably wont help me. should i run maybe.. 5 and 10? just to stop the battery from dumping so hard?
sucks. car was fast a shyte and had a very nice feel.. for about 3 minutes. was able to have a race with someone i cant touch in stock but then my power just.. goes away. or comes and goes unpredictably...
In some cases you have to download the software to the ESC again.
This is in most cases the only solution and not alone the Hobbywing ESC's
but also the Speed passion ESC.
In most situations we spoke with each other and said no that can't be the problem but after we re-install the software again, problems solved.
Good luck

Thanks
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #11402
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

Ive updated to 3.3 but i wont get to check it out until next week =\ limited available track time.
i also copied andy moores setup to see how that works out. I plan to buy one brand new single cell for this car but my batteries arent that old really.. the turnigy's were only run for half a season, the reedy about the same.
all my batteries are 60-100c. the reedy i had taken 5600mah out of lol.. never done that before in a race setting..

I probably just need a softer trigger finger. My car had so much rear traction i would just pinning it coming out of corners lol.
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #11403
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Last edited by Fredp1; 12-03-2013 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Posted on wrong thread.
Fredp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #11404
Tech Elite

Hi guys

The new version of the usb link will be available as of tomorrow on the hobbywing website it is listed now but the link is bad and not working so please wait until tomorrow
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:15 AM   #11405
Tech Elite

The broken link is fixed please download the usb link 3.4 from the hobbywing website below are the improvements made to the usb link software.

Version 3.4_131202
The Version 3.4 is suitable for the following ESC:XERUN Series*Car*ESC (Version 2.0/2.1/3.0/3.1*and later)
EZRUN Series* Car ESC (Version 2.0*and later)
PLATINUM Series helicopter/airplane ESCHobbywing USB Link V3.41. *
Database*for*car*is updated to the latest Version "130814",
Here we release the new firmware V103_130806-Beta for XERUN-150A, XERUN-SCT-PRO, EZRUN-150A, EZRUN-WP-SC8 ESCs, and following improvements have been made on the former version:1). Excellent startup performance at low RPM greatly improved the linearity.
2).*The acceleration is much quicker than before. The new firmware eliminates the discontinuous speed jump in the old firmware, now its control feeling in sensorless mode is very near to the control feeling of sensored brushless system.3).*Compatibility with Tenshock sensored motor has been observably improved.
4).*Supports motors with higher KV. The new firmware solves the trembling problem occurs to some high RPM multi-poles (>=4 poles) motors at part throttle.
5).*The new firmware is “SAFER” than the old one.*a). It doesn’t allow the neutral throttle point coinciding with the full throttle point, while the old firmware allows user to set them to a same point. Therefore, the new firmware eliminates the possibility of unexpected full-speed running when the ESC is switched on. Undoubtedly, it makes the whole system safer for users and crowd nearby.*
b). When the ESC is switched on, the motor can be started ONLY if the ESC detects the throttle signal is correctly in the neutral range. If the throttle signal is out of the neutral range, then the motor cannot be started. This also makes the entire system more secure for RC car drivers and people close by.*
2. *Bug Fix for USB Link Software(BUG: when updating the LCD firemware program, the progress bar often gets lost)
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #11406
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The broken link is fixed please download the usb link 3.4 from the hobbywing website below are the improvements made to the usb link software.

Version 3.4_131202
The Version 3.4 is suitable for the following ESC:XERUN Series*Car*ESC (Version 2.0/2.1/3.0/3.1*and later)
EZRUN Series* Car ESC (Version 2.0*and later)
PLATINUM Series helicopter/airplane ESCHobbywing USB Link V3.41. *
Database*for*car*is updated to the latest Version "130814",
Here we release the new firmware V103_130806-Beta for XERUN-150A, XERUN-SCT-PRO, EZRUN-150A, EZRUN-WP-SC8 ESCs, and following improvements have been made on the former version:1). Excellent startup performance at low RPM greatly improved the linearity.
2).*The acceleration is much quicker than before. The new firmware eliminates the discontinuous speed jump in the old firmware, now its control feeling in sensorless mode is very near to the control feeling of sensored brushless system.3).*Compatibility with Tenshock sensored motor has been observably improved.
4).*Supports motors with higher KV. The new firmware solves the trembling problem occurs to some high RPM multi-poles (>=4 poles) motors at part throttle.
5).*The new firmware is “SAFER” than the old one.*a). It doesn’t allow the neutral throttle point coinciding with the full throttle point, while the old firmware allows user to set them to a same point. Therefore, the new firmware eliminates the possibility of unexpected full-speed running when the ESC is switched on. Undoubtedly, it makes the whole system safer for users and crowd nearby.*
b). When the ESC is switched on, the motor can be started ONLY if the ESC detects the throttle signal is correctly in the neutral range. If the throttle signal is out of the neutral range, then the motor cannot be started. This also makes the entire system more secure for RC car drivers and people close by.*
2. *Bug Fix for USB Link Software(BUG: when updating the LCD firemware program, the progress bar often gets lost)

Hi, I have a Hobbywing V3, I normally run 13.5 boosted and 17.5 blinky, do I need to upgrade to this new software ?? Thanks
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #11407
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT OUT View Post
Hi, I have a Hobbywing V3, I normally run 13.5 boosted and 17.5 blinky, do I need to upgrade to this new software ?? Thanks
You dont have to unless you want better performance out of 4 pole motors.Its always better to have the latest usb link but thats all up to the individual.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #11408
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

the actual software version for the esc hasnt changed? still says 508 after update?
www.irocc.ca - www.wcics.ca - www.vrcworld.com - http://proampsrc.com/ - www.teamassociated.com
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #11409
Tech Elite

When upgrade the SCT Pro while*the Rx*wire is still in the receiver (at the throttle), please make sure that the receiver output is a neutral signal. If the*throttle signal is beyond the neutral, then the ESC will ignore the communication with the Program box, it*will only accept the signal from the Rx*wire.*(As a matter of fact, the priority*of the Rx wire is higher than the programming wire)
So, when upgradeing the ESC, there are 2 methods:
1. Disconnect the Rx wire from the receiver.
Or
2. Turn on the transmitter, make sure that the throttle stick is in neutral range. Connect the LCD program box to the program port of the ESC, and then turn on the ESC.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #11410
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default V3

What size are the screws that hold the fan on the V3 speedo?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #11411
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
What size are the screws that hold the fan on the V3 speedo?
1.5mm
Old 12-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #11412
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
1.5mm
I think you meant M2.5
Old 12-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #11413
Tech Elite

HW V10 motors will be listed on the roar approval forum by friday US time zone.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #11414
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by THuhtamaki View Post
I think you meant M2.5
Yes sorry
Old 12-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #11415
Tech Initiate

hello i need help
I have a hobbywing v3 and i always used it on stock racing but now i want to race modified. I change motor to 4.5t change the esc to modified profile
fdr 8.3 battery lrp 7.4 7200 100c/50c full charge Using the usb link V3.3 and the car runs slower than the stock the motor revs only 50% of capacity so
what i did.
Change usb link to v3.4, did a reset of the radio and bind, throttle 100%
breaks 100% end points of the radio and still the same.
Change the sensor cable and motor sensor open the hobbywing and clean
the dust and nothing seems to work.
Last thing i did was buy another motor thunder power 4.5t and the problem
still there.
Does any one have any idea to solve this problem
thank you.

Last edited by pauper; 12-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.
pauper is offline   Reply With Quote