R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #11206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Hey guys, I am having an issue with a V3.0 ESC lately that I haven't read about. I am running the ESC in mode 2 (Zero Timing), and twice now when I am walking out to the track I notice its in Mode 1 (Mod) - by the flashing green LED - and it's lost its calibration.

I noticed this last week happen once and I figured I screwed something up, but then I saw this weekend it happen again. The ESC has never been plugged in backwards, it has a good cap on it, never thermaled, running 17.5 blinky.

Anyone else seen this happen? Last thing I want is to be walking up to a race and find that the ESC has decided to wipe itself.
Are you holding the power button for a long time while turning the car on? That could cause it to go in calibration mode. Otherwise probably an issue in the on off switch (there were some issues with that switch in the earlier v3.0).
Old 09-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #11207

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
Are you holding the power button for a long time while turning the car on? That could cause it to go in calibration mode. Otherwise probably an issue in the on off switch (there were some issues with that switch in the earlier v3.0).
Would that also cause it to change modes? to go from Zero Timing (Mode 2) to Mod (Mode 1) ?
Old 09-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #11208
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg View Post
Would that also cause it to change modes? to go from Zero Timing (Mode 2) to Mod (Mode 1) ?
Potentially since its just a 1 button pit tune mode. I just use the box to change modes so not a 100 percent sure. See if the power buttons not sticking inside to the control board. Might void warranty though.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #11209
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
The weight of the 120A is given with fan on it. Its around 50 grams in fact and the stock is 40 ish. So other than running cooler no advantage and more $$.
From the description over at falconsekido, it seems the fan is included, and the weight description says "40g (including cooling fan)". Did they mistake it for "excluding"?

With the battery tech getting better, and people running the electronics at the edge in blinky racing, I thought about how much more the 120A can handle over stock spec.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #11210
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I made the switch from a 120a v3 to a v3.1 stock spec. The stock spec is NOTICEABLY lighter. I feel no difference at all between the 120a and the stock spec with regard to throttle feel. I've saved a ton of weight, which is what I was looking to do.

It's a great ESC. The heatsink on the stock spec is a little bit higher though.

EDIT: I'm also running 17.5 blinky sedan.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #11211
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
From the description over at falconsekido, it seems the fan is included, and the weight description says "40g (including cooling fan)". Did they mistake it for "excluding"?

With the battery tech getting better, and people running the electronics at the edge in blinky racing, I thought about how much more the 120A can handle over stock spec.
I don't have a stock v3.1 to compare, but without any wires, the hobbywing v3.0 weighs around 50 grams so say 60 with wires capacitors etc. I never run fans in my esc haven't felt the need the heatsink is very efficient. Think its excluding, Cobra can answer.

I also saw the same thing. I was over 1.5 second slower in stock tc with an old murfdogg 17.5 compared to a used kill shot I got couple weeks ago. No other changes to the car at all. The current 17.5 motors we got are around the speed of the 1~2 year old 13.5T motors, so I would go with a nicer, punchier and better heatsink model always. Just my 0.02.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #11212
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
I made the switch from a 120a v3 to a v3.1 stock spec. The stock spec is NOTICEABLY lighter. I feel no difference at all between the 120a and the stock spec with regard to throttle feel. I've saved a ton of weight, which is what I was looking to do.

It's a great ESC. The heatsink on the stock spec is a little bit higher though.

EDIT: I'm also running 17.5 blinky sedan.
Good to know! you still experience braking issues with killshots on that model as well?
Old 09-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #11213
Tech Elite

Dear Loyal Customers.

It has come to my attention that false information has been circling the local tracks around southern california USA from drivers who also reside im china that we at Hobbywing have created software that allows the roar approved v3 508 zero timing software to be able to have adjustable timing even though the red led flashes claiming spec zero timing software is loaded

I assure you that no such software excists and seems to be some person or persons are out to destroy our credibility.

I have worked with Michael lui for 8 years since the first day hobbywing was established and i can assure you 1000% that michael is not only one of the best hardware and software engineers but also the most honest honourable human being i know and we would never do anything that would destroy our top reputation or credibility.

I will get to the bottom of the rumours and will take appropriate action in due course time.

Thank you everyone for reading the post and happy racing.

With maximum respect to you and your families and happy racing

Angelo Economou
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:28 AM   #11214
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Good to know! you still experience braking issues with killshots on that model as well?
I don't have a Killshot to test. I've tried 4 different Revtechs, though, all with different combinations of 12.3mm RPM rotors/12.5mm HT rotors, different sensor boards, and different sensor wires.

I could never get my car to brake when using an older Revtech. It's one of the main reasons I switched to a different motor.

However, I've used D3/D3.5s which brake just fine.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #11215
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
I don't have a Killshot to test. I've tried 4 different Revtechs, though, all with different combinations of 12.3mm RPM rotors/12.5mm HT rotors, different sensor boards, and different sensor wires.

I could never get my car to brake when using an older Revtech. It's one of the main reasons I switched to a different motor.

However, I've used D3/D3.5s which brake just fine.
I also figured how to max out the braking. On my MT4, for the braking expo, I switched it to point, switchover is at 33 percent and rate is a 100, so in 1/3 of trigger pull it goes to 100 % brake. That at least brakes a bit like some of my other motors. Strange the tekins with the HW V3 have awesome brakes, linear smooth and very good bite no lock up. THis was all in low grip parking lot though, the track it might be a bit better as well.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #11216
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Roar approved v10 motors 1 month away.
Does this mean that no motors are going to be released until October?
Are the motors that are already released going to be ROAR approved?
RoyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #11217
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
Does this mean that no motors are going to be released until October?
Are the motors that are already released going to be ROAR approved?
Dear Roy

Only the 13.5T failed roar approval now that has been fixed and new sample have been sent to roar for inspection.We also have a cnc end bell version which will be much more reliable than the plastic version.

The cnc end bell wil fit the first version of the v10 so no need to purchase a new motor.

Il keep you posted please email me at ae@hobbywing.com for any more info.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 09-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #11218
Tech Elite

Hi guys

Just a quick note i will prefer you guys email me for help then this pm system on rc tech as it is very limited of what i can help you with With email i can send you software updates and setups etc

Thanks guys.

Angelo

Last edited by COBRARACING; 09-11-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #11219
Tech Elite

Quote:
I don't have a stock v3.1 to compare, but without any wires, the hobbywing v3.0 weighs around 50 grams so say 60 with wires capacitors etc. I never run fans in my esc haven't felt the need the heatsink is very efficient. Think its excluding, Cobra can answer.

I also saw the same thing. I was over 1.5 second slower in stock tc with an old murfdogg 17.5 compared to a used kill shot I got couple weeks ago. No other changes to the car at all. The current 17.5 motors we got are around the speed of the 1~2 year old 13.5T motors, so I would go with a nicer, punchier and better heatsink model always. Just my 0.02.
Esc on its own is 38.8 grams

Esc with standard lenght wire and fan is 87.4 grams it can be less depending how much wire you use some are very short in touring cars.

Esc with standard wire lenght no fan is 80.2grams
Again depends on lenght of wire and guage used.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #11220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 1S setup

Does anyone have a starting setup I can try for:

12th Scale Modified using a 4.0 Reedy Mach 2 using a Hobbywing V3.1 1s speedo for an indoor ozite track 36 x 80 feet? Including rollout?

What settings after should I play with with different track types? I'm an intermediate skilled driver.

Anyone's help is much appreciated!

Ivan