R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #11191
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robkitetop View Post
Thanks Cobra. So Boost from the STOCK firmware should work with the sensorless motor or are you referring to the 'AMTS' timing in the older MOD software?
AMTS only with the non sensored motors.A sensored unit is used to applying boost and turbo not only in regards to rpm but more to know when to apply it as its used to know were the rotor of the motor is in what position at any given time.So instead of applying the boost and turbo to two phases it applies it to one as it is aware what position it is in thats how punch levels work to.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #11192
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
AMTS only with the non sensored motors.A sensored unit is used to applying boost and turbo not only in regards to rpm but more to know when to apply it as its used to know were the rotor of the motor is in what position at any given time.So instead of applying the boost and turbo to two phases it applies it to one as it is aware what position it is in thats how punch levels work to.
Thank you Cobra, you are doing a great job with this thread! Very pleased with the HW products and the support, keep it up!
Robkitetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #11193
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robkitetop View Post
Thank you Cobra, you are doing a great job with this thread! Very pleased with the HW products and the support, keep it up!
We can only try our best .We dont want to be the biggest but we do want to be the best.

Thank you for your kind words

Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #11194
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

How would you say the HW 3.1 compares to the Orca VXX and LRP Flow? I am looking to these 3 ESC's moving forward.

Thanks.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #11195
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby View Post
Hi All,

How would you say the HW 3.1 compares to the Orca VXX and LRP Flow? I am looking to these 3 ESC's moving forward.

Thanks.
All three are kinda the best ESCs on the market right now. There is no "best" ESC because all three of them are so good.

I prefer the Hobbywings because of their aggressive pricing. Lots of guys running Orcas at my local track and love them as well.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #11196
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reese Bobby View Post
Hi All,

Thanks.
They are all good escs just the 3.1v is more advanced in software and hardware design plus after sales service and tech support.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #11197
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

@Cobra
I have 3 v3 escs and 1 v2.1 120 A. I just compared the brakes on the stock software side by side and the v3 has a lot more braking compared to the older one. I want to use the 2.1 in the stock 17.5 tc and want as much brakes as the v3.

I read that the 4 part capacitor helps so will solder it in today, I have a 70C 6800mah IP battery as well in the car. What else can I do to make the brakes bite more? This is v3 508 software. I read somewhere caliberating with reverse set to 100 works but I don't believe that. Let me know any other tips if you know.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #11198
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloksatoor View Post
@Cobra
I have 3 v3 escs and 1 v2.1 120 A. I just compared the brakes on the stock software side by side and the v3 has a lot more braking compared to the older one. I want to use the 2.1 in the stock 17.5 tc and want as much brakes as the v3.

I read that the 4 part capacitor helps so will solder it in today, I have a 70C 6800mah IP battery as well in the car. What else can I do to make the brakes bite more? This is v3 508 software. I read somewhere caliberating with reverse set to 100 works but I don't believe that. Let me know any other tips if you know.

The 100% reverse thing, is from an older version of the software, and used to be 100% correct! I still set the reverse to 100%. The brakes on the V2's has always been a problem. (just like the Low Voltage Cutoff in Blinky too!).

One thing I did find worked on the M11 is, I put the End Point Adjustment to 80% on the radio, do the calibration, then put the radio back to 100%. Definitely makes a difference on my setup.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #11199
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
@Cobra

What motor are you running in 17.5? I've found that my revtechs have super soft brakes when used with HW ESCs. I don't know what the problem is but I've tried everything to increase the braking on my revtech motors. Every other motor I've tried has excellent brakes.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #11200
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
What motor are you running in 17.5? I've found that my revtechs have super soft brakes when used with HW ESCs. I don't know what the problem is but I've tried everything to increase the braking on my revtech motors. Every other motor I've tried has excellent brakes.
Me too kill shot 17.5 torque with 57 can tiiming. I'll buy another v3 I guess.
Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #11201
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Me too kill shot 17.5 torque with 57 can tiiming. I'll buy another v3 I guess.
Yea i don't know what's wrong with them but I've got 2 v2.1 ESCs and have even tried my revtechs with a v3 and all of them have soft brakes. I've replaced sensor boards and tried 4 different motors.

Works fine with a d3.5, Turnigy trackstar, and Hobbywing v10
Old 09-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #11202

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys, I am having an issue with a V3.0 ESC lately that I haven't read about. I am running the ESC in mode 2 (Zero Timing), and twice now when I am walking out to the track I notice its in Mode 1 (Mod) - by the flashing green LED - and it's lost its calibration.

I noticed this last week happen once and I figured I screwed something up, but then I saw this weekend it happen again. The ESC has never been plugged in backwards, it has a good cap on it, never thermaled, running 17.5 blinky.

Anyone else seen this happen? Last thing I want is to be walking up to a race and find that the ESC has decided to wipe itself.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #11203
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Shopping around for a new ESC, and came across the V3.1. I currently run 17.5 and maybe 13.5 blinky. Will I see any difference between the stock spec vs the 120A version?
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #11204
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RicerX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
Shopping around for a new ESC, and came across the V3.1. I currently run 17.5 and maybe 13.5 blinky. Will I see any difference between the stock spec vs the 120A version?
40g in weight
RicerX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #11205
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX1 View Post
40g in weight
The weight of the 120A is given with fan on it. Its around 50 grams in fact and the stock is 40 ish. So other than running cooler no advantage and more $$.