R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-23-2013, 07:09 AM   #10966
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
hey guys...I'm new to the Hobbywing line of speedos (coming from the 'smaller,faster' speedo camp)

how does the JustStock speedo compare to the other brand speedos? most of the locals at my track run either the tekin or LRP - so kinda of looking for a baseline as to how everyone feels the speedo does against the 'big boys'

thanks

kaybo
Far better than the tekin. Not sure about the lrp. Almost all of the mod guys at our track have now switched over the a v3.0 or v3.1. The esc is smoother and easier to program at the track compared to the tekin. It also doesn't have an overheating issue. The guys at our track, myself included that ran rspros had heat issues. Both my xerun v3 and xerun v3.1 have been flawless.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #10967
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

His question specifically mentioned the $50 Justock, not the $160 V3 or $190 V3.1.

Any experience with the Justock?
IIGQ4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #10968
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You have to remember that you're comparing a $50 ESC to a $180+ ESC in the justock vs tekin/lrp/etc debate.

The justock won't have as many tuning options as the higher priced ESCs, but for the value, it's an exceptional ESC. I run one in my VTA car and absolutely love it. Very smooth and easy to program. The ease of programming is the main reason I switched all of my ESCs from tekin to Hobbywing.

I used to run an RS pro in blinky 17.5 sedan. After switching to a Hobbywing v3, I noticed a HUGE change in how smooth a Hobbywing is. I'll never look back at tekin.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #10969
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIGQ4U View Post
His question specifically mentioned the $50 Justock, not the $160 V3 or $190 V3.1.

Any experience with the Justock?
When in Blinky Mode the Tekin and Juststock setting choices are about the same. The only capability you lose with the Juststock is that it cannot run boosted timing. If you are in the US this is no loss as we are all Blinky.

I was racing a few months ago in 17.5 Blinky sedan and I connected my Tekin RS Pro backward. That killed it. In order to keep racing that day I got a HW Juststock for $50 from the local hobby shop.

I put it in and in the next qualifier I turned the EXACT SAME lap times as I had the previous run with a $229 speedo. After getting my RS Pro repaired I put it back in my car and had no increase in performance. I ended up selling my Tekin and running the Juststock because it was smoother and I feel the Juststock (and all HW Speedos) are faster in motor start up than the Tekin. I can get holeshots at race starts that I could not get with my Tekin's or my LRP's.

If you are running in a Blinky Spec class (10.5-25.5 motors) I would say you can run the Juststock at any level with confidence.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #10970
Tech Elite

Wow, this is good info!

I owned a Justock but only needed it for one race day while I awaited my Reventon Pro. Well, my Speed Passion ESC had to go in for repair, so just a couple days ago, I purchased the Hobbywing V3.1 Stock Spec. Now I am thinking that I should purchase another Justock to at least keep on standby.

My only issue with the Justock ESC when I had it was the big mess of wires. When I ran it, I was coming off of a 3 year touring car layoff, so I really couldn't compare another ESC.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:06 AM   #10971
Tech Champion

Quote:
Wow, this is good info!

I owned a Justock but only needed it for one race day while I awaited my Reventon Pro. Well, my Speed Passion ESC had to go in for repair, so just a couple days ago, I purchased the Hobbywing V3.1 Stock Spec. Now I am thinking that I should purchase another Justock to at least keep on standby.

My only issue with the Justock ESC when I had it was the big mess of wires. When I ran it, I was coming off of a 3 year touring car layoff, so I really couldn't compare another ESC.
The wiring is no different than any other speed control. I always rewire my speedos with all black power wires to make the cars look nice.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #10972
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
The wiring is no different than any other speed control. I always rewire my speedos with all black power wires to make the cars look nice.
Actually, it is. I am a wiring freak.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #10973
Tech Champion

Quote:
Actually, it is. I am a wiring freak.
I am too. What different?
Old 05-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #10974
Tech Elite

The huge switch and three wire switch IIRC.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by the ESCs with power buttons instead of switches and wires.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #10975
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
When in Blinky Mode the Tekin and Juststock setting choices are about the same. The only capability you lose with the Juststock is that it cannot run boosted timing. If you are in the US this is no loss as we are all Blinky.

I was racing a few months ago in 17.5 Blinky sedan and I connected my Tekin RS Pro backward. That killed it. In order to keep racing that day I got a HW Juststock for $50 from the local hobby shop.

I put it in and in the next qualifier I turned the EXACT SAME lap times as I had the previous run with a $229 speedo. After getting my RS Pro repaired I put it back in my car and had no increase in performance. I ended up selling my Tekin and running the Juststock because it was smoother and I feel the Juststock (and all HW Speedos) are faster in motor start up than the Tekin. I can get holeshots at race starts that I could not get with my Tekin's or my LRP's.

If you are running in a Blinky Spec class (10.5-25.5 motors) I would say you can run the Juststock at any level with confidence.
Thanks, Adrian Just what I was kinda hoping to hear

Guess I got a Tekin up for sale
Old 05-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #10976
Tech Adept

Can anyone help. Im looking at someones xerun 60a that has stopped working. What happens is that when its turned on the red led flashes like it should with 508 notimng but when the throttle Or brake Is pressed the red Light Goes solid but the motor does nothing. So far i have tried re calibraying, re installing the firmware, different battery, different receiver, different motor, different sensor lead. Any ideas?
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #10977
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by scytherat View Post
Can anyone help. Im looking at someones xerun 60a that has stopped working. What happens is that when its turned on the red led flashes like it should with 508 notimng but when the throttle Or brake Is pressed the red Light Goes solid but the motor does nothing. So far i have tried re calibraying, re installing the firmware, different battery, different receiver, different motor, different sensor lead. Any ideas?
Send it in for repair...

Old 05-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #10978
Tech Adept

Lol adrian thats what i was thinking. Juat gotta see where i send it and a rough price
scytherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #10979
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where are you from? They do repairs here in the US at falcon sekido.
lewis110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #10980
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scytherat View Post
Solid red led bright means loss of throttle signal .Does the servo work? If it does then the bec is ok if not the bec is damaged then you have a control board issue which needs to be send back to factory for repair.

Solid red led but faint means the Mcu has lost its factory installed firmware which rarely happens.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote