Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:10 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whoopass
this as been discussed earlier in the thread, click the option from the toolbar in the software gui and select '2-in-1 box' then select 'uprade'. done.
I did click the upgrade and still having the same problem...LCD box saying needs to up grade the software...after I push the button on your left (Item) with ESC plugin power on...
I think the problem is the LCD box can't read the esc with the 528 profile be installed....
Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA
I did click the upgrade and still having the same problem...LCD box saying needs to up grade the software...after I push the button on your left (Item) with ESC plugin power on...
I think the problem is the LCD box can't read the esc with the 528 profile be installed....
if you have teh SP firmware then you need to go back to a earlier version HW/SP firmware and then update again with the latest HW. Somehow the SP locks out updating to newer HW firmware for the LCD programmer.
I used HW V1.5 and then updated to later HW version on my SP LCD programmer.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:45 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by razzor
if you have teh SP firmware then you need to go back to a earlier version HW/SP firmware and then update again with the latest HW. Somehow the SP locks out updating to newer HW firmware for the LCD programmer.
I used HW V1.5 and then updated to later HW version on my SP LCD programmer.
Question : is the HW or SP firmware are differnet from each other?
Who would have the HW V1.5 software on hand?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

They are different... HW and SP firmware don't mix as far as I know... I remember there being issues with people using HW firmware on SP ESCs and running into all sorts of bad issues, so I assume it's the same on SP software on HW ESC.

-Korey
Old 08-27-2010, 03:13 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
They are different... HW and SP firmware don't mix as far as I know... I remember there being issues with people using HW firmware on SP ESCs and running into all sorts of bad issues, so I assume it's the same on SP software on HW ESC.

-Korey
hi Korey
I just figure it out what went wrong ...You are part of right...If you have the HW LCD box ,you must updated the firmware with the HW V1.6 FIRST before you can use the HW LCD box with the SP 528 software is or load in the esc..
DON"T loaded the SP Firmware in the HW LCD ,use the HW V1.6 than everthing works fine afterward...

PS no need to go back to a HW earlier version ..just load the latest V1.6 it will over ride the current version ...
I think the HW /SP esc are able take or works with any HW/SP version software ...Must have the latest sofware so the LCD box can read what is inside the esc setting ...

Last edited by OVA; 08-27-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

-Korey
Firmware HW and SP are completely identical and compatible, only change the logos brands.
Old 08-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OVA
hi Korey
I just figure it out what went wrong ...You are part of right...If you have the HW LCD box ,you must updated the firmware with the HW V1.6 FIRST before you can use the HW LCD box with the SP 528 software is or load in the esc..
DON"T loaded the SP Firmware in the HW LCD ,use the HW V1.6 than everthing works fine afterward...

PS no need to go back to a HW earlier version ..just load the latest V1.6 it will over ride the current version ...
I think the HW /SP esc are able take or works with any HW/SP version software ...Must have the latest sofware so the LCD box can read what is inside the esc setting ...
The the latest HW firmware is 1.62 not 1.60.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO
Firmware HW and SP are completely identical and compatible, only change the logos brands.
This is no longer true to my understanding. The LCD labels read differently between the two brands.

I think it's best to state that you can use HW's software on SP hardware and vice-versa. But not HW LCD Firmware with SP ESC Firmware, nor SP LCD Firmware with HW ESC Firmware.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
This is no longer true to my understanding. The LCD labels read differently between the two brands.

I think it's best to state that you can use HW's software on SP hardware and vice-versa. But not HW LCD Firmware with SP ESC Firmware, nor SP LCD Firmware with HW ESC Firmware.
LCD labels?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by san.

Is correct, in the program for LCDbox there are different names of the settings, but the functions are equal.
It can be used without problems the FW LCDbox HW on FW ESC SP and vice versa, only creates confusion in reading the data.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

Both software packages HW and SP are 100% the same you just need the latest USb link software 1.62 to be able to run the 528 and future upgrades .

next week there will be a release of a patch file for the xtreme stock for off road use what it fixes is from forward to reverse elimates the small delay in transfer .

thank you for your time

regards Angelo Tech support Hobbywing products
Old 08-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys

I have tried to follow you in here, but i'm lost

Can I use the Hobbywing 2in1 program box pro, with the Xerun 120A brushless speedo, and stil get all the software/firmware updates, both for the speedo and program box??

Please help me sort this out.

And how is your experiense with power, compared to other speedos, LRP, tekin etc etc....

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Addict

Can I use the Hobbywing 2in1 program box pro, with the Xerun 120A brushless speedo, and stil get all the software/firmware updates, both for the speedo and program box??
YES!

And how is your experiense with power, compared to other speedos, LRP, tekin etc etc....
Performance similar to other speedos, with the advantage of keeping the engine cooler and be easier to program.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AGNO
YES!

Performance similar to other speedos, with the advantage of keeping the engine cooler and be easier to program.

Will you please explain me how it is done?

Do I need a laptop after the update of the Program box, every time I want to do a change on the speedo?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jeppesen
Will you please explain me how it is done?

Do I need a laptop after the update of the Program box, every time I want to do a change on the speedo?
Search a few pages back, there is an excellent video tutorials posted by Cherry2bloost that explains everything.
The computer is only for to change the firmware(modified,stock,off road), you can do at home, in the track,all control is easily accessible with LCDbox or LED program card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.