R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 04-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #10786
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
So then what's the fix for someone who doesn't want to change radios, receivers, motors, and servos just to get an ESC with brakes?

Obviously, Angelo, there is an issue here. It's not like it's a single occurrence and nobody else has ever reported it. We've got the last 100 pages asking about the soft brakes on Hobbywing ESCs.

There's gotta be SOMETHING you guys can look at. There are so many people here talking about the soft brakes, that it simply could not be a coincidence.
I could be something simple in your settings overall.so i will do some of my own testing .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #10787
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run a HW Xerun 120A 1S speedo in 1/12 and WGT.

I had a problem with weak brakes.

I downloaded the latest USB Link app.

Updated my LCD box and loaded V3_508 No Timing on both speedos.

I set the parameters as noted in the attached text file. Its an Export from the USB Link app with my settings. You can save this file on your PC and import it into your USB Link then load it on your ESC.

I run a Futaba 4PL with a Spectrum H5020G servo and Trinity D3.5, D3 and TP Z3R 13.5 motors.

With my TX throttle and brake end points at 100% (no higher or lower) and my throttle trim centered I calibrated my ESC to my TX.

Now my brakes are strong and will almost lock up the rear wheels on my 1/12 and WGT.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Adrian Default.txt (2.1 KB, 77 views)
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:42 AM   #10788
Tech Champion

Quote:
So then what's the fix for someone who doesn't want to change radios, receivers, motors, and servos just to get an ESC with brakes?

Obviously, Angelo, there is an issue here. It's not like it's a single occurrence and nobody else has ever reported it. We've got the last 100 pages asking about the soft brakes on Hobbywing ESCs.

There's gotta be SOMETHING you guys can look at. There are so many people here talking about the soft brakes, that it simply could not be a coincidence.
I strongly suggest doing what Adrian has done and follow his setting.... I believe there was a small change made with the 508 brakes in the V3.2 USB Link. So download and use the latest version from the latest software.

I personally don't have any issue with the brakes on my V2.1 in 17.5 Blinky TC, using the latest 508 version from the v3.2 usb link.

My settings are pretty much the same as Adrians, geared at 3.9FDR, with a D3.5 17.5, and Sanwa radio gear.

HiH
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I run a HW Xerun 120A 1S speedo in 1/12 and WGT.

I had a problem with weak brakes.

I downloaded the latest USB Link app.

Updated my LCD box and loaded V3_508 No Timing on both speedos.

I set the parameters as noted in the attached text file. Its an Export from the USB Link app with my settings. You can save this file on your PC and import it into your USB Link then load it on your ESC.

I run a Futaba 4PL with a Spectrum H5020G servo and Trinity D3.5, D3 and TP Z3R 13.5 motors.

With my TX throttle and brake end points at 100% (no higher or lower) and my throttle trim centered I calibrated my ESC to my TX.

Now my brakes are strong and will almost lock up the rear wheels on my 1/12 and WGT.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #10789
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
... I believe there was a small change made with the 508 brakes in the V3.2 USB Link. So download and use the latest version from the latest software.
+1

Yes there was a change made. Everyone that I know with a v2 based HW at the track has seen an improvement and has had no complaints.
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 AM   #10790
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
I could be something simple in your settings overall.so i will do some of my own testing .
look forward to your findings as my brakes are also poor
ATLASCOPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #10791
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ok, I will try that. I"ll need to borrow my brother's program box, because we use his for all the v2.1 ESCs we have.

Edit: One more question. For you guys that run 17.5 blinky, do you feel it's necessary to have the fan on top of your ESC for cooling? I know a lot of Orion guys that run fanless even in mod, and since Orion R10's are just Hobbywing OEMs, I'm wondering if it's necessary for my ESCs
Old 04-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #10792
Tech Rookie

Hello,

can you tell me what's the latest USB Link Software I can load on my LED program card? Can I use version 3.2 as long as I make sure that I don't use the 211 Stock Firmware?

Thanks for your help!
mp4-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #10793
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp4-18 View Post
Hello,

can you tell me what's the latest USB Link Software I can load on my LED program card? Can I use version 3.2 as long as I make sure that I don't use the 211 Stock Firmware?

Thanks for your help!
The 3.2 usb link will not allow you to download any other software to your esc but only whats available for the esc you have just plugged in .It will give you only those options say for the v3 or the 2.1 etc so there is no chance of making a mistake.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 04-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #10794
Tech Elite

Quote:
Ok, I will try that. I"ll need to borrow my brother's program box, because we use his for all the v2.1 ESCs we have.

Edit: One more question. For you guys that run 17.5 blinky, do you feel it's necessary to have the fan on top of your ESC for cooling? I know a lot of Orion guys that run fanless even in mod, and since Orion R10's are just Hobbywing OEMs, I'm wondering if it's necessary for my ESCs
I suggest always run a fan becauseca cool esc is a better performing and efficient esc.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #10795
Tech Elite

Never run your radio above 100% of end points especially for throttle yhis will give you issues with brakes some radios like futaba have settings up to 120% which some racers think it will give you more puncj out of the corners no it wont it will just give you problems with esc nothing more .
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #10796
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what is everyone using to to unzip the 3.2 .rar file that is FREE?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #10797
Tech Rookie

WinRAR or 7-Zip
mp4-18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #10798
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp4-18 View Post
WinRAR or 7-Zip
is 7-zip something on windows 7? Thats what i run and if so i didnt kno there was something to unzip...

EDIT: Just downloaded it and used it in less than a minute to open the 3.2 USB Link software....Awesome, thanks!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #10799
Tech Regular

Default New v3.1 problem

I have a problem with my new v3.1.
The power button is not working. As soon as I plug it in the fan comes on and I have steering and power with a solid red led lit. When I press the power button to turn it off the led goes out, fan is still on still have steering but no power. When I hold break for 5 seconds to power it off I lose power but bot steering and the led goes to a solid green.

Any help greatly appreciated.

On a side note the esc is a week old and this is my first race weekendwith this esc.
ATXPro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #10800
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXPro4 View Post
I have a problem with my new v3.1.
The power button is not working. As soon as I plug it in the fan comes on and I have steering and power with a solid red led lit. When I press the power button to turn it off the led goes out, fan is still on still have steering but no power. When I hold break for 5 seconds to power it off I lose power but bot steering and the led goes to a solid green.

Any help greatly appreciated.

On a side note the esc is a week old and this is my first race weekendwith this esc.
Control board issue .Send it back from were you purchased the esc from for a replacement.