R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 03-30-2013, 07:00 PM   #10741
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
No, the brakes on the Revtech are soft all the time, even on the bench or on a cold motor. I never let my Revtech get over 140f so I don't believe heat is an issue. The brakes on the revtech motor at 75-100% feels like the brakes on the Turnigy motor at 25-50%. It's THAT big of a difference.

Now, I WAS using a 12.5mm high torque rotor on the Revtech. I haven't had a chance to test the motor with a different rotor to see a difference in braking power. I've also tried different sensor boards and several different stators to see if that was an issue. So far, it hasn't changed the feel. I will test a different rotor, however. Based on what some people said though, a larger rotor should, theoretically result in MORE braking power.

With regard to motor timing, I am using almost full timing on both motors (two ticks from full timing). Again, I haven't tried lesser timing. I'm racing in a blinky class, so low timing doesn't really help much.

Could there possibly be a software issue with Revtech motors and Hobbywing ESCs? My brother's 17.5 sedan has a Hobbywing 1s v2.1 ESC and a Revtech with 12.5mm HT rotor and his brakes are just as weak as my v3 ESC. Again, we never run our motors past 140f, which is WELL below the thermal limit for those motors.

Both of our cars are running the stock caps supplied with the ESC. We are both using high quality batteries, so I know that isn't an issue. Both of us are using an Airtronics MT4 radio and the RX-461 receiver. The only difference between our two cars is that he has a v2.1 ESC and I'm using a v3 ESC.
Do you have another radio even from a friend to try like futaba ,soectrum etc why im saying is i know from my own experience with sanwa airtronics and from other drivers that they have had problems running the new style mt4 and mx12 radios with software brakes and cut outs .As soon as they tried a different radio the problem went away.This is a airtronics software issue not hobbywing or the trinitu revtech motor.I was told twice from the sanwa rep from japan in thsiland at the worlds and at titc they know there is an issue with the hrs and shrs system and that they were going to fix it i dont knoe if they did or not.
Andy moore runs the older style receivers and had no isdues.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #10742
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You should not run HRS, SHR modes with most esc's on the market. I'm fairly certain that with the M12 you can run normal mode for throttle with a higher response mode for a suitable steering servo.

I'm using the M12 & have come from a Tekin rs pro, (don't use windows) and am using a revtech. I hope the brakes are every bit as good on the V3.1 as they where on my Tekin. I do run boosted so am keen on the results of this new esc.
SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #10743
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I don't know what hrs and shr stand for.

Still odd that changing motors would make it go away, don't you think? If it were purely an Airtronics/Hobbywing issue, it should happen all the time with any motor right?
Old 03-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #10744
SH
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:

Still odd that changing motors would make it go away, don't you think? If it were purely an Airtronics/Hobbywing issue, it should happen all the time with any motor right?
They are high response modes that the user can set in the bind menu on m12 transmitters...not sure if you can do it on the MT4?. Again they (high response modes) are meant for digital servos only.

Your transmitter manual will outline this.
SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #10745
Tech Elite

All of a sudden my Xtreme stock will not start the motor. I have to spin it to get it started. Did cross check with a different motor and same result. Any ideas? Is my ESC damaged?
Old 03-31-2013, 02:30 AM   #10746
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH View Post
You should not run HRS, SHR modes with most esc's on the market. I'm fairly certain that with the M12 you can run normal mode for throttle with a higher response mode for a suitable steering servo.

I'm using the M12 & have come from a Tekin rs pro, (don't use windows) and am using a revtech. I hope the brakes are every bit as good on the V3.1 as they where on my Tekin. I do run boosted so am keen on the results of this new esc.
Spot on agree +1 only normal mode should be run thats why i asked if it was sanwa radio gear.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 03-31-2013, 02:34 AM   #10747
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer View Post
All of a sudden my Xtreme stock will not start the motor. I have to spin it to get it started. Did cross check with a different motor and same result. Any ideas? Is my ESC damaged?
Does it work without the sensor cable? If so you have damaged the control card esc which runs the sensor module if it still doesnt work then one of the phases is damaged.

Esc needs repair must be sent back to were you purchased it from.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #10748
Tech Elite

Quote:

Close to full timing on the end bell does seen very aggressive mechanical timing which will create heat no matter how low your settings are on your esc .reduce your end bell and you might see your problem might go away.Dont forget all motors aee different in construction like for example hobbywing mod motors need to run 30 turbo 12 boost to have the same power as the Pro amps motors which run only 20 turbo 8 boost.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 AM   #10749
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Spot on agree +1 only normal mode should be run thats why i asked if it was sanwa radio gear.
I'll make sure it's not in those modes.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #10750
Tech Elite

Quote:
Does it work without the sensor cable? If so you have damaged the control card esc which runs the sensor module if it still doesnt work then one of the phases is damaged.

Esc needs repair must be sent back to were you purchased it from.
Yes it will run without the sensor cable. (sigh) Thanks!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:38 PM   #10751
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey,
Im after settings and gearing for a reedy 4.5 turn and v3 speedy. First time trying mod, just wanna have a play
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #10752
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer View Post
Yes it will run without the sensor cable. (sigh) Thanks!
So your control card is damaged that runs the sensor port.Reverse polarity of the battery can cause it.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #10753
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
Hey,
Im after settings and gearing for a reedy 4.5 turn and v3 speedy. First time trying mod, just wanna have a play
It seems your from victoria the best person that can help you is justin vergunst hobbywing factory driver he runs mod .
Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #10754
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
It seems your from victoria the best person that can help you is justin vergunst hobbywing factory driver he runs mod .
Alright ill ask him, thanks Angelo.
Yanni
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #10755
Tech Elite

Quote:
So your control card is damaged that runs the sensor port.Reverse polarity of the battery can cause it.
using deans, very careful with polarity.