R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #10651
Tech Elite

sorry guys ive been really sick since ive come back from the TITC in Thailand and havent been able to answer all your questions .Back on board tomorrow .

sorry once again

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #10652
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi guys

I would like all hobbywing owners from around the world to please send me an email to teamcobraracing@gmail.com

I would like to build a data base of emails so when new software is available i will be able to email it to you guys asap without the headache of trying to download it from websites .
i just sent u a email..aphillips1462
sonspit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #10653
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
sorry guys ive been really sick since ive come back from the TITC in Thailand and havent been able to answer all your questions .Back on board tomorrow .

sorry once again

regards Angelo

Get well soon. Sent you a pm few days ago, in your own time bud
kosmickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #10654
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
If you've got a long straight, I think the level of turbo your using is too high. Mod motors are quite sensitive to small adjustments in the boost and turbo, so even only dropping 2 steps or so can make a big difference.

Looking over the settings, I would go with more boost, and less turbo.
Try the following... which is not dissimilar to what Andy Moore uses (last time I asked anyway!)

FDR 8.0ish
Punch - 12/15, linear
Brake - 20/20 linear, 67.5%, 8% drag
Boost - 24steps, 12,500 - 27,500 rpm, linear
Turbo - 18steps, Delay 0.15s, 12/s Engage, 18/s Disengage

If you need more straight line, up the turbo to 20. Also, running a fan on the motor and esc is a must!

Hope it helps.
Ed
thx ed for the help. i am of course running a fan on the esc. but did not use one on the motor yet as the motor was not that hot (never over 80 which is fine by me).

based on your (andy's ) settings the bosst is coming in at very low rpms, so from what i understand is that, the bottom end grunt is increased. this was not my intention at all at the last race as it was rather slippery. but i will give the settings a try next time and see how it goes.

cheers
w
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #10655
Tech Regular

I'll double check the software but think I've got that one on! I'll try dropping the brake force down to 75% aswell as a check see how that comes in.

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully I'll get abit more power into the brakes now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
That's odd because now that I have the latest blinky software on my car I do get that "snap" when braking on the bench that I never had with the earlier blinky softwares. Are you sure that you have downloaded the 508 from the 121204 database? The filename of the latest 508 is virtually identical to the previous one but the software on the 121204 database is different.

I've been running the latest 508 for a couple of months now but haven't had the chance to really test the brakes - outdoor season starts at the end of the month, and indoors doesn't need much brakes in comparison - so it will be interesting to see whether the brakes still have a softness on the track despite the sharpness on the bench.

I know that the v2.1 boosted brakes feel soft at 100% even though they are sharp on the bench, which I think is related to the hardware struggling under the load, because they work fine at 75%. Perhaps that is the case with the updated blinky brakes too?
Crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #10656
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitomon View Post
thx ed for the help. i am of course running a fan on the esc. but did not use one on the motor yet as the motor was not that hot (never over 80 which is fine by me).

based on your (andy's ) settings the bosst is coming in at very low rpms, so from what i understand is that, the bottom end grunt is increased. this was not my intention at all at the last race as it was rather slippery. but i will give the settings a try next time and see how it goes.

cheers
w
Honestly, even with the boost coming in relatively low, you'll find it surprisingly smooth. Even on lower traction, that rev range feels very drive-able. The biggest thing's to make it smoother if needed are the punch settings, and the overall amount of boost. I'm normally using anywhere between 18-28 on the boost, and have gone as low as 10 on the punch when needed, but have never felt the need to go lower. Also lowering those settings has a positive effect on the temp (lower)
What I partly think was happening with your previous setting is that using so much Turbo, so quickly, was putting a lot of instant load on the esc, leading to a lot of heat. Better, IMO, to add it more gradually, and use less turbo.
Anyway, give them a try and see what you think, hopefully works out well

Regards
Ed
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #10657
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
For now only the latest has been submitted 129 and i will know thursday if its approved.
Any word on this?
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:36 AM   #10658
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Any word on this?
The software has been submitted just waiting for the results.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 03-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #10659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

is the latest software compatible with windows 8?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #10660
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer View Post
is the latest software compatible with windows 8?
Yes but dont forget to run in admin mode.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #10661
Tech Adept

I have an XTREME STOCK 2.1 60A. Is there any difference between running the blinky software and the 930 software with the boost and turbo set to 0?

Reason I ask is because I am lazy and do not want to keep changing firmware for when I need blinky but some people at my local club think that even though I have 0 boost and 0 turbo timing that my ESC is still adding/adjusting timing. Is this true?

I've not tried the 2 firmwares back to back but I have a suspicion that the 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo does have a more lively feel to it. TIA!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #10662
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This is one thing I wish it can do is switch to blinky firmware to boost via program box instead of having to go to the CPU.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #10663
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyracer View Post
This is one thing I wish it can do is switch to blinky firmware to boost via program box instead of having to go to the CPU.
If its a v3 esc, then you can. Just press the r/p button on the programme box, and then select the profile. Or set the boost and turbo both to zero degrees in your current profile, and your in blinky mode
Old 03-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #10664
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantra View Post
I have an XTREME STOCK 2.1 60A. Is there any difference between running the blinky software and the 930 software with the boost and turbo set to 0?

Reason I ask is because I am lazy and do not want to keep changing firmware for when I need blinky but some people at my local club think that even though I have 0 boost and 0 turbo timing that my ESC is still adding/adjusting timing. Is this true?

I've not tried the 2 firmwares back to back but I have a suspicion that the 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo does have a more lively feel to it. TIA!
I've tested the two on a dyno. The boosted software even with all boost/turbo off produces a lot more power at higher rpm than the blinky software, so it's still doing something under the hood. So the options are keep changing the firmware, or buy a v3 ESC.
daleburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #10665
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantra View Post

No your not adding boost or turbo when set at zero but its a spec rule that the escs leds must blink 2 times a sec which means you need to have the 508 zero timing software to achieve it as the software on the xtreme stock and 2.1v dont have the software feature like the v3 has were you have zero on boost and zero on turbo and the leds blink to indicate zero timing mode.