R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #10516
Tech Adept
 
JonboyGB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Swindon, UK
Posts: 118
Default

Hi all, I'm going to be racing 17.5 blinky for the first time soon at new club. Never raced blinky before.

I have a HW v3 and will be getting a GM 17.5.

What's a good starting FDR for indoor carpet on a small to medium size track?

Do I turn up the timing on the motor or leave as is?

Switching the speedo to blinky is fine, but do I need to change any of the settings for best results or leave as is?

Thanks
JonboyGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 AM   #10517
Tech Adept
 
aSab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 224
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonboyGB View Post
Hi all, I'm going to be racing 17.5 blinky for the first time soon at new club. Never raced blinky before.

I have a HW v3 and will be getting a GM 17.5.

What's a good starting FDR for indoor carpet on a small to medium size track?

Do I turn up the timing on the motor or leave as is?

Switching the speedo to blinky is fine, but do I need to change any of the settings for best results or leave as is?

Thanks
independent of the esc, you'll most likely find out all other pple cranked the timings of their end bells to max for blinky.
aSab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #10518
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,173
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmenkollen View Post
Thanks! I will try it. What ESC temps are you getting with this seetting? What is considered to be ok?
Honestly, I don't check. Using the ESC temp cutoff, if it doesn't stop, it's ok I figure
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #10519
Tech Addict
 
sbrewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Amarillo Tx
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Just trying to find some gearing help for my WGT and 17.5 1/12 . I'm running the HobbyWing 13.5 in the WGT and the HobbyWing 17.5 in my 1/12. track is small 35x45
__________________
- AKA - Team Associated - Dark Side RC Racing - Os Speed - Jc Designs -
sbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #10520
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonboyGB View Post
Hi all, I'm going to be racing 17.5 blinky for the first time soon at new club. Never raced blinky before.

I have a HW v3 and will be getting a GM 17.5.

What's a good starting FDR for indoor carpet on a small to medium size track?

Do I turn up the timing on the motor or leave as is?

Switching the speedo to blinky is fine, but do I need to change any of the settings for best results or leave as is?

Thanks
If you are in Swindon, which club are you going to? As it might be one I know.

Generally, ESC set to maximum punch, brakes to whatever you like, try and avoid drag brake as it generates heat in the motor and 17.5 is about getting the most from the motor.

You'll find that most people are running some motor timing advance, you don't need too much because pretty soon you get to the point of generating more heat than speed. If yours is the latest GM, two or three notches advance should be in the ballpark. Ratios on a very small track might be in the low 4's (4.3-ish), on a medium track in the high 3's (3.7-ish). Better to start safe than cook a motor.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #10521
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrewer View Post
Just trying to find some gearing help for my WGT and 17.5 1/12 . I'm running the HobbyWing 13.5 in the WGT and the HobbyWing 17.5 in my 1/12. track is small 35x45
Assuming you are running blinky....

Crank the timing up on the motor. Start with a 75mm roll out (for a small tight track) in 13.5 WGT and 85mm in 17.5 1/12. Check running temps after 2min of hard running. Gear up until the motors get into the 135-155deg F range.

Run the No Timing 508 V3 firmware. No drag brake, 9 on the DDRS punch setting. Disable temp and voltage cutoffs. Run 100% brakes.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #10522
Tech Adept
 
Aravan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravan View Post
Anybody got a good base setup for a 120A 1s with a D3.5 17.5t boosted in a 12th scale indoors? Guessing 930stock will be the best firmware to run?
Anybody?
__________________
Aravan Eagleheart
Corvictoria.com
//Schumacher: Cougar SVR, SV2, Cat K1//Losi SCTE 2.0//Kyosho SC-R SP//CRC XTi//
Aravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #10523
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
so this place is not legit anymore? http://www.falconsekido.com/
Falcon sekido is a distributor not a brand or a manufacturer.They distribute for hobbywing in the usa along side CRC
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:34 AM   #10524
M7H
Tech Elite
 
M7H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravan View Post
Anybody?
The default settings from the firmware is a nice starting point.....
Did you try that already?

Asking and just copying someone else his setting, is not the way to get faster....
Feel yourself when changing a setting what happens, and go from there.
__________________
Serpent
M7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #10525
Tech Addict
 
sbrewer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Amarillo Tx
Posts: 718
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Assuming you are running blinky....

Crank the timing up on the motor. Start with a 75mm roll out (for a small tight track) in 13.5 WGT and 85mm in 17.5 1/12. Check running temps after 2min of hard running. Gear up until the motors get into the 135-155deg F range.

Run the No Timing 508 V3 firmware. No drag brake, 9 on the DDRS punch setting. Disable temp and voltage cutoffs. Run 100% brakes.
Do you run hobbywing motors?
__________________
- AKA - Team Associated - Dark Side RC Racing - Os Speed - Jc Designs -
sbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #10526
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrewer View Post
Do you run hobbywing motors?
No but this is a safe place to start for any motor. You will certainly need to gear up from my recommendations.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #10527
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Hi Guys,

I want to know if it's ok to install HW software for V3 in to my Speedpassion GT2.0 Pro?
If I connect my SP to HW USB Link V3.2, it shows that my Speedo hardware is HW427_V1.0.

Thanks
Vidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #10528
Tech Elite
 
sosidge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 3,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidra View Post
Hi Guys,

I want to know if it's ok to install HW software for V3 in to my Speedpassion GT2.0 Pro?
If I connect my SP to HW USB Link V3.2, it shows that my Speedo hardware is HW427_V1.0.

Thanks
No, the SP is a V2 based ESC, so you cannot use the V3 software.

However there is another software within the v3.2 USB package that can be used on the SP. I have it on mine.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #10529
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge View Post
No, the SP is a V2 based ESC, so you cannot use the V3 software.

However there is another software within the v3.2 USB package that can be used on the SP. I have it on mine.
Ok, now I am using V3.0_110323STOCK from SP.
What is the equivalent or better from HW that I can use?

Thanks
Vidra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #10530
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 15
Smile HOBBYWING of North America

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Falcon sekido is a distributor not a brand or a manufacturer.They distribute for hobbywing in the usa along side CRC
Just to clarify to everyone. Have contacted to Hobbywing directly.
HOBBYWING of North America (HWNA) is the representative of HOBBYWING technology. HWNA is managed by FalconSEKIDO who is the executive distributor in North America. CRC belongs their dealer network.
You can also check directly at HOBBYWING website under 'distributor list' as well as the direct link provided at HW's front page.

They said that they are preparing the authorized dealer list in NA.

Hope this helps,
d_hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (1 members and 9 guests)
va.racer
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0