R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 AM   #10501
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,234
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmenkollen View Post
Anyone with a good V3 setup with SP 4.5t? Indoor carpet. Im lost in the setting djungle....
Can try this, maybe tone it down a bit for indoor though (just use less boost&turbo)

FDR - ~8.2

General setting
1A Running mode - Fwd/Brake
1B Reverse - 25%
1C Cutoff Voltage - 3.0v
1D ESC Overheat - 125C
1E Motor Overheat - 125C

Throttle Setting
2A Punch Rate Switch Point - 50%
2B 1st Stage Punch rate - 12
2C 2nd Stage Punch rate - 15
2D TH Input curve - Linear

Brake Setting
3A Drag Brake - 10%
3B Brake Strength - 62.5%
3C Initial Brake - Drag Brake
3D Brake Rate Switch Point - 50%
3E 1st Stage Brake rate - 20
3F 2nd Stage Brake Rate - 20
3G Brake input curve - Linear

Boost
4A Boost Timing - 26steps
4B Boost Start RPM - 11,000rpm
4C Boost End RPM - 27,500rpm
4D Boost Slope - Linear
4E Boost by Throttle - Yes

Turbo
5A Turbo timing - 24steps
5B Turbo Activation - Full TH
5C Turbo Full TH Delay - 0.15s
5D Turbo Start RPM - 20,000rpm
5E Turbo engage slope - 18steps/0.1s
5F Turbo disengage slope - 18steps/0.1s

As I mentioned, for indoor carpet, I would look at dropping boost to around 20-22, and turbo maybe down to 18 to start with. If you need it a bit more aggressive, turn off Boost by throttle, and also drop turbo engage to 0.1. All very dependent on track though, but those are the settings I tend to alter when tuning to a new track.

Hope that helps.
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 AM   #10502
Tech Regular
 
Holmenkollen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Can try this, maybe tone it down a bit for indoor though (just use less boost&turbo)

FDR - ~8.2

General setting
1A Running mode - Fwd/Brake
1B Reverse - 25%
1C Cutoff Voltage - 3.0v
1D ESC Overheat - 125C
1E Motor Overheat - 125C

Throttle Setting
2A Punch Rate Switch Point - 50%
2B 1st Stage Punch rate - 12
2C 2nd Stage Punch rate - 15
2D TH Input curve - Linear

Brake Setting
3A Drag Brake - 10%
3B Brake Strength - 62.5%
3C Initial Brake - Drag Brake
3D Brake Rate Switch Point - 50%
3E 1st Stage Brake rate - 20
3F 2nd Stage Brake Rate - 20
3G Brake input curve - Linear

Boost
4A Boost Timing - 26steps
4B Boost Start RPM - 11,000rpm
4C Boost End RPM - 27,500rpm
4D Boost Slope - Linear
4E Boost by Throttle - Yes

Turbo
5A Turbo timing - 24steps
5B Turbo Activation - Full TH
5C Turbo Full TH Delay - 0.15s
5D Turbo Start RPM - 20,000rpm
5E Turbo engage slope - 18steps/0.1s
5F Turbo disengage slope - 18steps/0.1s

As I mentioned, for indoor carpet, I would look at dropping boost to around 20-22, and turbo maybe down to 18 to start with. If you need it a bit more aggressive, turn off Boost by throttle, and also drop turbo engage to 0.1. All very dependent on track though, but those are the settings I tend to alter when tuning to a new track.

Hope that helps.
Ed
Thanks! I will try it. What ESC temps are you getting with this seetting? What is considered to be ok?
__________________
Serpent - Hobbywing - Graupner
Holmenkollen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 AM   #10503
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,072
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Need a good v3 17.5 blinky setup with the latest software.
I switched from a tekin and the brakes on this thing seem very weak.
Hoping I missed something...
I searched and can't find what I am looking for.
Any help would rock.
Thanks
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams

Last edited by j.d.roost; 01-28-2013 at 11:36 AM.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #10504
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston TX (formally Sou CA)
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
Need a good v3 17.5 blinky setup with the latest software.
I switched from a tekin and the brakes on this thing seem very weak.
Hoping I missed something...
I searched and can't find what I am looking for.
Any help would rock.
Thanks
Do you run offroad blinky? Do you have the programming card? You'll have to load the v3_508 firmware for blinky. While you're at it, change DDRS punch setting to 9 if you have high C rated batteries. I also increase the brakes to 100% (esc) and use my radio to lower my brake EPA to feel.

The hobbywing ESC's are much smoother than the tekin's light switch feel.
__________________
"Tinkering with Toy Cars that go around in circles"
OCRC | Club R/C | Mike's Gulf Coast | Kyosho RB6 ZX6 MP9E
Kuya_Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #10505
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,272
Default

Hi Guys

There are two companies that have copied the v3 esc from us i cannot mention their names for legal reasons but i can tell you the following

We have only oem the v3 esc to the only two following brands

HPI and Yokomo

There are no other companies that we have oem the v3 to so be careful what you buy and from who you buy from .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #10506
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,729
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

so this place is not legit anymore? http://www.falconsekido.com/
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #10507
Tech Regular
 
narcotiks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

When is the xerun v3.1 firmware going to be available for download? I assume it is compatible with the v3?
narcotiks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #10508
Tech Master
 
TCCustoms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Central Michigan
Posts: 1,512
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
so this place is not legit anymore? http://www.falconsekido.com/
yes, they are legit but they are a dealer...the 2 brands he named are RC Car manufacturers, NOT dealers
__________________
1/10 Traxxas Summit Blue
Axial AX10 Scorpion * Viper VSC 240/55t combo * Hitec HS-7954SH
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #10509
Tech Master
 
ByteStream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by narcotiks View Post
When is the xerun v3.1 firmware going to be available for download? I assume it is compatible with the v3?
I don't foresee a new version of software for the v3.1 .. It has an aluminum bottom case and has been made a little more dirt-proof and that's about it from what I have read. The latest firmware for the v3 is pretty solid.
__________________
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | KO Propo | Hobbywing HWNA | R1Wurks | BSR Tires
5280 Raceway - www.5280raceway.com
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #10510
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston TX (formally Sou CA)
Posts: 1,159
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
so this place is not legit anymore? http://www.falconsekido.com/
This is the North America reseller for Hobbywing, I suggest buying all hobbywing items directly from here to get your 6 month warranty.
__________________
"Tinkering with Toy Cars that go around in circles"
OCRC | Club R/C | Mike's Gulf Coast | Kyosho RB6 ZX6 MP9E
Kuya_Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #10511
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,072
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo View Post
Do you run offroad blinky? Do you have the programming card? You'll have to load the v3_508 firmware for blinky. While you're at it, change DDRS punch setting to 9 if you have high C rated batteries. I also increase the brakes to 100% (esc) and use my radio to lower my brake EPA to feel.

The hobbywing ESC's are much smoother than the tekin's light switch feel.
High grip-indoor carpet-blinky-touring car.
I do have the card and pc interface software.
I can see the brakes being more than enough for offroad..Just a bit soft for the needs of carpet touring car (as compared to the rs). Again I may be missing a few settings in setup. I will post my current setup later today.I know anything to do with brakes/punch are at their highest setting...and from what I recall I am running the latest software in the esc.

edit*settings
mode 2-zero timing
forward/brake
reverse speed 100%
v.cutoff-disable
esc overheat-off
motor overheat-off
pr switch point 50%
1st punch 30
2nd punch 30
th curve linear
neutral range 4%
drag brake 0%
brake strength 100%
initial brake 0%
brake switch point 50%
brake rate 20
2nd brake rate 20
brake curve linear
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams

Last edited by j.d.roost; 01-28-2013 at 10:34 PM.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #10512
Tech Master
 
lewis110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hallstead, PA
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Put your initial brake to 20%... Have you tried any drag brake? I like to use about 10% with my stuff.
__________________
Hobbywing of North America/FalconSekido www.falconsekido.com
Hobby-Pro USA www.hobbyprousa.com
Dialed RC Hobbies/VP Pro USA www.Dialedhobbies.com
lewis110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:52 AM   #10513
Tech Elite
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,072
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis110 View Post
Put your initial brake to 20%... Have you tried any drag brake? I like to use about 10% with my stuff.
I don't usually mess with drag brake..For me it's hard to use when you need a few moments of "coast" on a particular layout.Although other drivers
I know love it.
I will mess with that initial brake setting.
Thanks

Do the other settings look good for 17.5 tc/carpet?
__________________
F1
Roche usa
R.I.P. Jon Williams

Last edited by j.d.roost; 01-29-2013 at 06:28 AM.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #10514
Tech Master
 
lewis110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hallstead, PA
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.d.roost View Post
I don't usually mess with drag brake..For me it's hard to use when you need a few moments of "coast" on a particular layout.Although other drivers
I know love it.
I will mess with that initial brake setting though.
Thanks

Do the other settings look good for 17.5 tc/carpet?
Yeah, the other settings look ok to me. I always keep overheat protection on, but that's a personal preference.
__________________
Hobbywing of North America/FalconSekido www.falconsekido.com
Hobby-Pro USA www.hobbyprousa.com
Dialed RC Hobbies/VP Pro USA www.Dialedhobbies.com
lewis110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #10515
Tech Adept
 
Aravan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Anybody got a good base setup for a 120A 1s with a D3.5 17.5t boosted in a 12th scale indoors? Guessing 930stock will be the best firmware to run?
__________________
Aravan Eagleheart
Corvictoria.com
//Schumacher: Cougar SVR, SV2, Cat K1//Losi SCTE 2.0//Kyosho SC-R SP//CRC XTi//
Aravan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:56 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net