R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #10396
Tech Master
 
big al's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Olympia,Wa
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I just picked up a justock 45 for 17.5 blinky tc and I'm wondering if the fan is required for this motor. Thanks--Al
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #10397
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
I just picked up a justock 45 for 17.5 blinky tc and I'm wondering if the fan is required for this motor. Thanks--Al
All ESC's benifit from fan cooling when running 2s. The motor needs a fan too in order to gear it for best speed and ensure its survival.
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 AM   #10398
Tech Addict
 
=FLIP='s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: noooooooooo
Posts: 583
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
I have tested 17.5 blinky with low 4fdrs, double tap the brakes and she stops on a dime. THe Orion is 160 amps with better fets. Don't kid yourself into thinking they are equal.
hey benzahhhhh


I dont know where you got your info but the fets in the hw speedies and orion speedies are the same.

They both come from same factory and are both manufactured by Hobbywing in china both are great product's but hwv3 is better.
__________________
--------------------------HOBBYWING----------PROAMP LIPOS----------------------------
-EAD- Racing NEED SPEED GET SOME EAD-
=FLIP= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 PM   #10399
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

The 1S speedo is just for 1/12 car(1S only) and with a unique feature that integrated the capacitor module inside the case. It saves space on the 1/12 chassis and looks very cool.

Here is some words from Andy moore

So I managed to borrow a friends 12th scale car yesterday and the test with the 1s speedo went awesome! No problems at all :-)

I didnt need a RX battery which is so cool!

It actually ran cooler than the regular speedo had done previously (around 70 deg on the case) and so I also didnt need to use a fan. Although it may be necessary when the ambient temperature is a little warmer.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 PM   #10400
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =FLIP= View Post
hey benzahhhhh


I dont know where you got your info but the fets in the hw speedies and orion speedies are the same.

They both come from same factory and are both manufactured by Hobbywing in china both are great product's but hwv3 is better.
No difference correct.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:48 AM   #10401
Tech Adept
 
kiwidave72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 157
Send a message via MSN to kiwidave72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The 1S speedo is just for 1/12 car(1S only) and with a unique feature that integrated the capacitor module inside the case. It saves space on the 1/12 chassis and looks very cool.

Here is some words from Andy moore

So I managed to borrow a friends 12th scale car yesterday and the test with the 1s speedo went awesome! No problems at all :-)

I didnt need a RX battery which is so cool!

It actually ran cooler than the regular speedo had done previously (around 70 deg on the case) and so I also didnt need to use a fan. Although it may be necessary when the ambient temperature is a little warmer.
when will the v3 s1 version becoming out. would be nice to see this in the store before February ???
__________________
Losi 8ight 3.0 / Alpha
CRC / Hobbywing v3 ESC
Xray T4 / Speedpassion 13.5 v3. / Hobbywing v3 ESC
Losi XXX4 / Speedpassion 13.5 v3. / Hobbywing v3 ESC
https://www.facebook.com/kiwidave72
kiwidave72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #10402
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,206
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidave72 View Post
when will the v3 s1 version becoming out. would be nice to see this in the store before February ???
It will be end of feb when the chinese new year comes to an end.
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #10403
Tech Apprentice
 
sizheng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 98
Default

Here are some pictures our newest V3.1-1S speedo under test by Andy Moore.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-1s-1.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-1s-2.jpg  
__________________
TEAMHOBBYWING CHINA
sizheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:25 AM   #10404
Tech Adept
 
kiwidave72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 157
Send a message via MSN to kiwidave72
Default

cant wait to see these in stores
__________________
Losi 8ight 3.0 / Alpha
CRC / Hobbywing v3 ESC
Xray T4 / Speedpassion 13.5 v3. / Hobbywing v3 ESC
Losi XXX4 / Speedpassion 13.5 v3. / Hobbywing v3 ESC
https://www.facebook.com/kiwidave72
kiwidave72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #10405
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Hi guys. Does anyone have a good base setup for 17.5 boosted.
Been fiddling with the 930 stock but for some reason i am not getting it switching over to turbo. Havent raced in a while and busy prepping car for club meet next week.
i calibrate esc everytime after i make changes.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #10406
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,342
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

when is the new program box coming?
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #10407
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 706
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor View Post
Hi guys. Does anyone have a good base setup for 17.5 boosted.
Been fiddling with the 930 stock but for some reason i am not getting it switching over to turbo. Havent raced in a while and busy prepping car for club meet next week.
i calibrate esc everytime after i make changes.
After calibrating the radio, turn the ESC off then on again, or the turbo doesnt seem to kick in, and your car will be slow.

What are your settings? and what CLASS of car are you running?


Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #10408
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,970
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
Here are some pictures our newest V3.1-1S speedo under test by Andy Moore.
Relocate the receiver wire to exit the back of the esc and that unit will make for some awesome clean installs.
__________________
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #10409
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
After calibrating the radio, turn the ESC off then on again, or the turbo doesnt seem to kick in, and your car will be slow.

What are your settings? and what CLASS of car are you running?


Shawn
17.5 boosted class.
Settings i have just reset to default for the 930stock software.
tried a few different combinations but wasnt getting any joy.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #10410
Tech Elite
 
razzor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Durban, South Africa
Posts: 2,810
Default

ok sorted was just being a bit impatient. switch off esc after calibration and switch on and all is good. thank you shawn68z
only issues i have had with these esc's is the bec's are no longer working. on my mod car i run a lipo regulater and the 17.5 car i just jumped the fan power to receiver power and they still run great.
V3 is on the shopping list.
__________________
Casterracing ZX1.5R
casterracing EX-1 Pro, SP Silver Arrow
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 17.5, SP GT Pro 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 4.5 V2, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
TOP Racing Scythe, SP 13.5, Hobbywing Xerun 120SD 2.0
razzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0