R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #10276
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
I'm pretty sure Hobbywing does not make the Reventon series .. so you'll need to hit up the SP thread.
Your correct we do not manufacture the Reventon series by Sp only the GT 2.1
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #10277
Tech Apprentice

hello
can anyone help me find the parameters to be applied to a 120A 2.1 that must be connected to a motor speed passion v3 3.5T? the firmware to use is the 903 MOD, thanks for the answers.
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #10278
Tech Apprentice

hello
can anyone help me find the parameters to be applied to a 120A 2.1 that must be connected to a motor speed passion v3 3.5T? the firmware to use is the 903 MOD, thanks for the answers.
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #10279
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Has anyone been able to successfully downgrade to the older firmwares on their V2.1 and older Xeruns after upgrading to the firmware's in the V3.1 software?

I'm trying to get back to the V2_508 no timing firmware or even the V1_508 no timing. I currently have the V3_508 flashed to my Xtreme stock and for the life of me cant get back to the old firmware.

I want to do this because I remember the brakes in the older 508 firmware being much better.

I have uninstalled the V3.1 software and installed the V1.64 software and when trying to flash the esc with older 508 firmware its simply not there. All tha'ts available for me to downgrade to other then the current V3_508 is the V1_508_rev which is the reverse motor direction firmware.

I assumed maybe since the LCD box had the V1.08XXXX firmware on it from the V3.1 software I maybe needed to downgrade the LCD before being able to downgrade the esc. But when attempting to downgrade the LCD box from anything other then the v1.08XXXX firmware with the v1.64 software I get an error message from the software that this cant be done.

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks.
Johnny-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #10280
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone care to share their settings for 5.0t boosted and 8.5t boosted?

Im on a stock profile currently, running on a mid size onroad track
Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #10281
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-RC View Post
Has anyone been able to successfully downgrade to the older firmwares on their V2.1 and older Xeruns after upgrading to the firmware's in the V3.1 software?

I'm trying to get back to the V2_508 no timing firmware or even the V1_508 no timing. I currently have the V3_508 flashed to my Xtreme stock and for the life of me cant get back to the old firmware.

I want to do this because I remember the brakes in the older 508 firmware being much better.

I have uninstalled the V3.1 software and installed the V1.64 software and when trying to flash the esc with older 508 firmware its simply not there. All tha'ts available for me to downgrade to other then the current V3_508 is the V1_508_rev which is the reverse motor direction firmware.

I assumed maybe since the LCD box had the V1.08XXXX firmware on it from the V3.1 software I maybe needed to downgrade the LCD before being able to downgrade the esc. But when attempting to downgrade the LCD box from anything other then the v1.08XXXX firmware with the v1.64 software I get an error message from the software that this cant be done.

Thanks.
+1

Hopefully I don't have to go out and buy another lcd box and bin the one I have.

Cheers
Rob.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 AM   #10282
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
hello
Just use the default settings, and go from there.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 AM   #10283
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:

Thanks.
I currently have 2 lcd boxes in use, because of this (I help quite a lot of people at the track with the HW ESC's).
If once upgraded the box to V1.08, you can't go back I believe.

If you have another box with V1.07 on it, you can still go anyway you want.

I don't know the older available ESC firmwares in V3.1 software, but the following steps should work I think:

With 3.1 software, and V1.08 box, flash the ESC to 930STOCK (or any firmware you know also exists in V1.64), then with 1.64 software and v1.07 box, flash the ESC to V2_508 no timing.

Note:
You can have both V3.1 and V1.64 (there are a few) and V1.63, 1.62, next to eachother on your PC, just unpack them in different folders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
+1

Hopefully I don't have to go out and buy another lcd box and bin the one I have.

Cheers
Rob.
Why bin it?
And also buying a 2nd box should not be a real problem, because they are not that expensive (Checked the box from Orion? )
Old 12-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #10284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
I currently have 2 lcd boxes in use, because of this (I help quite a lot of people at the track with the HW ESC's).

I don't know the older available ESC firmwares in V3.1 software, but the following steps should work I think:

With 3.1 software, and V1.08 box, flash the ESC to 930STOCK (or any firmware you know also exists in V1.64), then with 1.64 software and v1.07 box, flash the ESC to V2_508 no timing.

Note:
You can have both V3.1 and V1.64 (there are a few) and V1.63, 1.62, next to eachother on your PC, just unpack them in different folders!

Why bin it?
And also buying a 2nd box should not be a real problem, because they are not that expensive (Checked the box from Orion? )
Was afraid that would be the case, should have left 1.07 on there and not updated (down graded) to 1.08.
You're right, I won't bin it, use it as a door stop - yes.

Cheers
Rob.

Last edited by ta04evah; 12-10-2012 at 06:39 AM.
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:56 AM   #10285
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
I won't bin it, use it as a door stop - yes.

Cheers
Rob.

Nope, not heavy enough...
Old 12-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #10286
Tech Elite

New hobbywing Usb link software

please allow another 48 hours before downloading has i have completed some new artwork to make the usb link look more proefessional .Pictures attached

Improvements in the Hobbywing USB Link Software V3.2 vs. V3.1
1.Database is updated to the latest Version 121204, includes new firmware for XERUN-120A-V3.1 and XERUN-Justock ESC.
see below for improvements

2.Removed the software bug in V3.1: The error occurs when importing and exporting the Punch Rate data.

3.Improved the adjustment of Boost the Slope to allow the setting process to be easier set .

4.Removed software bug in V3.1: The 8 options of the Brake Force programmable items in the enhanced firmware for the XERUN-Justock ESC cannot be displayed or set by the software has been fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-usb-link.jpg   NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-usb-link-2.jpg  
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #10287
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post

Note:

Why bin it?
Awesome post an explanation. This is what I thought was going on. Glad you could confirm this. So glad to know it wasn't me and I'm not going crazy.

I do have another LCD box that I got from a friend I haven't checked what he has it flashed with yet. I'll look into that latter.

But what would be best of all would be if Hobbywing would just fix the breaks or allow the downgrading to the older versions.

If I must get another LCD box I will but kinda lame if that's the only fix for this issue.

It would be great if this new software/firmware release Angelo just spoke of would address some of this.

Maybe it time to get this info out. If you upgrade your LCD box to 1.08 you will not be able to go back to the old firmwares in the v1.64 software UPGRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK! . Was this ever mentioned by anyone in this thread?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:21 PM   #10288
Tech Addict

Angelo great work with the GUI!!! That looks sweet man.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #10289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Awesome post an explanation. This is what I thought was going on. Glad you could confirm this. So glad to know it wasn't me and I'm not going crazy.

I do have another LCD box that I got from a friend I haven't checked what he has it flashed with yet. I'll look into that latter.

But what would be best of all would be if Hobbywing would just fix the breaks or allow the downgrading to the older versions.

If I must get another LCD box I will but kinda lame if that's the only fix for this issue.

It would be great if this new software/firmware release Angelo just spoke of would address some of this.

Maybe it time to get this info out. If you upgrade your LCD box to 1.08 you will not be able to go back to the old firmwares in the v1.64 software UPGRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK! . Was this ever mentioned by anyone in this thread?
All i kno, in 1 of these threads i made a note of this as i heard that and kinda got flamed for bringing it up and just let it go but knew it was an issue just wanted to make sure i understood it right

So i just figured if it wasnt broke...dont fix it kinda thing and didnt bring it up again
Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #10290
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Johnny-RC;11539480]Awesome post an explanation. This is what I thought was going on. Glad you could confirm this. So glad to know it wasn't me and I'm not going crazy.

Maybe it time to get this info out. If you upgrade your LCD box to 1.08 you will not be able to go back to the old firmwares in the v1.64 software UPGRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK! . Was this ever mentioned by anyone in this thread?[/QUOTE

By Mid FEB 2013 this problem with the lcd box upgrades and down grades will no longer be an issue with the new 3 in 1 programmer i have been testing this unit now for a few weeks and its very very good hold v3 and v2.1 etc firmware in one unit plus it also features a lipo voltage checker built in

so guys i know its been a long time waiting but it all had to do with the control files of the software that michael would not open for all access for various reasons