R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 12-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #10261
Tech Regular

Got a problem with my v3.

If I use the throttle the car works ok, I then take my throttle back to neutral and it is as if the motor won't spin, back to neutral and accelerate and it works ok again, back to neutral and it won't work again and so on.

I've tried two different motors and still the same problem.

Any ideas?
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #10262
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream View Post
Your question has alredy been answered.

Reread Post #10225
V3_508_NO Timing will not work on my Justock. If I try to use it the apply changes button is grayed out and will not allow me to make changes to the ESC. If I connect the LCD box to the ESC running Blinky - V3_508_NO Timing it prompts me to update software. When I revert to Blinky - V1_508_NO Timing all is well.

Cobraracing has sent me new software and a setting file and after installing it twice following instructions precisely it doesn't work so I continue to run V1_508.

Its fine as the Speedo fast and brakes work fine in my WGT car.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #10263
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb3195 View Post
Got a problem with my v3.

If I use the throttle the car works ok, I then take my throttle back to neutral and it is as if the motor won't spin, back to neutral and accelerate and it works ok again, back to neutral and it won't work again and so on.

Any ideas?
Solved it! Powerpot was shorting out
Mb3195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #10264
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Revention Pro and Hobbywing?

I Have a S/P revention Pro that I'm having trouble with can I load hobbywing software on it? Are the brands compatible? If so whats required ? Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #10265
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
V3_508_NO Timing will not work on my Justock. If I try to use it the apply changes button is grayed out and will not allow me to make changes to the ESC. If I connect the LCD box to the ESC running Blinky - V3_508_NO Timing it prompts me to update software. When I revert to Blinky - V1_508_NO Timing all is well.

Cobraracing has sent me new software and a setting file and after installing it twice following instructions precisely it doesn't work so I continue to run V1_508.

1. Are you running the software as Admin on your PC?
2. What Windows version?
3. What version of LCD Program Box software do you have installed?

I have noticed that when you update your USB Link software, like cobra mentions with files and you don't run in admin mode, then your 'Apply' button will be grey'd out.
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #10266
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressure View Post
I Have a S/P revention Pro that I'm having trouble with can I load hobbywing software on it? Are the brands compatible? If so whats required ? Any pointers would be appreciated.
I'm pretty sure Hobbywing does not make the Reventon series .. so you'll need to hit up the SP thread.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #10267
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Punch control

What throttle punch level is good with a 4.5T motor on a TC with the V2.1?

Med grip asphalt technical track
zzztech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 AM   #10268
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
I did some testing with stock firmware and eventually I began with turbo and boost to 0, should be a kind of no timing, right? I did not mind how it was because the car was quieter, next time I would try to turn it up a bit. The values ​​that I set before was 20 for and 24 for the turbo boost, advice?

the engine is a Lipotech 10.5t, RDF 6.22 ( hot bodies tcx with pinion and crown module 48 )

thanks for help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
I'm having a problem with the stock firmware. If I set my BRAKE DRAG FORCE in custom (value 23) and then put INITIAL BRAKE FORCE to =DRAG BRAKE FORCE I can't enter the reverse, putting on INITIAL BRAKE FORCE another value reversing enter and work correctly. I tried to flash several times, even several times in a row. Some help?
up
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 AM   #10269
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you have the drag brake set to 23. Why not just set your initial brake to 20? That's a known bug in the system. I personally don't run reverse so its not a big deal.
lewis110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #10270
Tech Champion

Quote:
1. Are you running the software as Admin on your PC?
2. What Windows version?
3. What version of LCD Program Box software do you have installed?

I have noticed that when you update your USB Link software, like cobra mentions with files and you don't run in admin mode, then your 'Apply' button will be grey'd out.
1. Yes, running program as Admin (Right click shortcut, click advanced, check run as admin)
2. Win 7 will all latest updates
3. 1.08, 1.11 will hang up while loading and not complete.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #10271
Tech Master

Quote:
1. Yes, running program as Admin (Right click shortcut, click advanced, check run as admin)
2. Win 7 will all latest updates
3. 1.08, 1.11 will hang up while loading and not complete.
I ran into this a couple of weeks ago with someone else's Justock. I'll try to test it out again when I get back to the track as I can't remember off-hand what we did to fix the issue.

Either we tried installing the software on a different computer (I have had issues with my Win7 machine and all kinds of software).

Or we tried an older version of the USB Link Software, which you can get here: Version 1.64

For the LCD Program Box Firmware - V1.11 is for the XERUN-120A-V3 ESC only so use 1.08 for your Justock.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:41 AM   #10272
Tech Champion

Quote:
I ran into this a couple of weeks ago with someone else's Justock. I'll try to test it out again when I get back to the track as I can't remember off-hand what we did to fix the issue.

Either we tried installing the software on a different computer (I have had issues with my Win7 machine and all kinds of software).

Or we tried an older version of the USB Link Software, which you can get here: Version 1.64

For the LCD Program Box Firmware - V1.11 is for the XERUN-120A-V3 ESC only so use 1.08 for your Justock.
I appreciate the help. Let me know what you find.

All in all I am very happy with the Justock as it is. It is smooth and works perfectly...even the brakes.

I got it as an emergency speedo after I blew up my Tekin RS Pro. I just got a new speedo from Tekin as a non-warranty replacement. I will be trying it and the Justock back to back tonight. I am very interested to see if there is any difference in lap times
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #10273
Tech Elite

Quote:

Dear Adrian

first i would like to thank you for choosing hobbywing

Your not doing anything wrong when you update to v3 508 zero timing it is actually in v3 508 zero timing the message you get at the end please update software that is an error in the program that the usb link is not seeing .

look at the area software version once you click on upgrade on the usb link and you will see it will have v3 508 zero timing that is the version you are in now the other message is an error in the software i will fix it asap .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #10274
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Mb3195;11515584]Got a problem with my v3.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE

Have you tried a new sensor cable ?

but more important when you press the throttle can you please spin the motor or if in the car turn the wheels by hand and let me know if it kick starts ?
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #10275
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzztech View Post
What throttle punch level is good with a 4.5T motor on a TC with the V2.1?

Med grip asphalt technical track
Six/6 is a Good level for punch but remember you will need a high discharge battery pack like a 50c and over rating to handle higher punch /torque levels or else it will just cut out especvially with current demanding low turn motors like your 4.5T