Hi all,

The only different I can see between HW518Stock and SP528Stock are:
HW518Stock
- lowest start RPM is 3000
- max motor timing no.9 can only go up to 21degree

SP528Stock
- lowest start RPM is 4000
- more higher timing than HW as it can go un til 26.25degree

Why people said that both are the same?? SP528Stock better?? Which one can go more Faster??

Myself been using HW120a V1 for 2months now. Last time using HW422Stock got no problem but until I change to HW518, my motor always go sensorless and need to calibrate several times due to no brake. No wonder the is still people here that using HW120a still using HW422Stock.

In the forum, people said it might be the sensor board on the motor got problem and need to change the motor. That time got no money yet so just change to 3 new sensor cables (same thing occur), download the software more than 10x (same thing occur) then lastly try to use SP528Stock software with no problem at all until now with the same motor and old sensor cable.

Why this thing happen????? HW is a manufacturer for SP but why SP software better as the programmer is the same guy???

Today I buy a new spare motor and test it again with HW518Stock but same thing happen. Try also my friend's new Tekin motor but same thing happen.
Try again this both 2 new motor with SP528Stock no problem at all.

Why.... Why.... Why...?????

Took this HW518 software from several guy inside this forum including Cobra. Same thing problem...???

Several of my friends using 120a had decide to use SP528 as not only me facing the problems... Infact we had already tried both software side 2 side with same car and setup and ratio and the results SP528Stock have more top end and not giving us any problem.

Thx.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

I am with you on this one bud, i tried the 528 stock on a HW120 and the brakes were fine for 1 min then stopped working altogether. i use 20-30% drag break all the time running 13.5 class. flashed the ESC back to 422 and not had an issue, i actually think the 422 is better and smoother. not changing back to 528 again. however the ESC is awesome. keep up the good work guys..... great driveability. i think 3000/4000 is too low for timing anyway. i run 9000 on a LRP X.12 13.5 and the motor is strong all race.... geared at 6.7 fdr on a large-ish track. 20m main asphalt straight...

also tried on the basic radio setup at 100% on the end points, then increasing the radio by 5%. car was good all day.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Xtreme Stock

Just some pictures of it installed, it is soo much smaller, I have used 14AWG wire as it is easier to solder into the holders, have yet to shorten the switch and receiver wires to about 35mm which is the next job to do. Thought I would go for the stealth look again as this always works best, have ordered some Pink wire to match my pinky car but it's gonna be a week or so from Shen Zhen lol.

'scuse the image quality they were on my Nexus lol, am lazy and let it upload the pics automatically.

Will tidy the wiring up when I shorten them later on, have looked at software and is identical in every way, oh and SP software seems to roll onto it well enough using HW v1.02 Controller and back again.

Looking forward to trying it out at Maritime on Thursday with the following settings.

7.24/1 Ratio
DDRS 7
Boost Timing 8
Turbo OFF
Boost Start RPM 6000
Timing Punch -2

Wodson on Friday with this...

7.24/1 Ratio
DDRS 7
Boost Timing 8
Turbo OFF
Boost Start RPM 4500
Timing Punch -1

And my settings for West London were as follows..
3 Racing Sakura Zero.

6.33/1 Ratio
DDRS 5
Boost Timing 8
Turbo 5
Boost Start RPM 7500
Turbo Delay 0.3sec
Timing Punch -2

All the above are with an old Novak SS Pro 13.5 which I bought 2nd hand for £6...........

Car was very quick, little TOO MUCH rip out of the corners temps were about 130 degrees F and the brakes were super strong all day. As an aside I managed to blow a hole in the rear left tire with the amount of grunt on the corners write off a set of Sorex 32's lol.

Oh and come on Hobbywing do the Speedo in PINK you KNOW you want to really lol

Hope this is of interest to anyone and that maybe it helps a little.

Cherry xx

Last edited by cherry2blost; 08-18-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

cherry we must meet up, i was at wlrc sunday in 13.5. where did you qualify? cheers. rob b
me 10th in the a-main. should have been at least 6th on old rubber, top half of the A used 1-2 sets of new rubber for a club meeting....ah well!
Old 08-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by whoopass
cherry we must meet up, i was at wlrc sunday in 13.5. where did you qualify? cheers. rob b
me 10th in the a-main. should have been at least 6th on old rubber, top half of the A used 1-2 sets of new rubber for a club meeting....ah well!
Think it was 4th in the B, was first time out with the Sakura and was having 'issues' with the steering servo's and crappy OLD Sorex 32's lol, was too tight to use a newer set as I managed to shred the newest pair and tear a 30mm hole in the outside edge of them.

I was running 13.5 BTW

Bloody tire wars are a pain in the bottom, only benefit is that we get to quite often get hold of 'used' rubber either free of charge or at vastly reduced costs lol
Old 08-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Think it was 4th in the B, was first time out with the Sakura and was having 'issues' with the steering servo's and crappy OLD Sorex 32's lol, was too tight to use a newer set as I managed to shred the newest pair and tear a 30mm hole in the outside edge of them.

I was running 13.5 BTW

Bloody tire wars are a pain in the bottom, only benefit is that we get to quite often get hold of 'used' rubber either free of charge or at vastly reduced costs lol
alright mate, im trying to get a few people together to goto mkrctc at the new track they have at silverstone. me and a couple of hrcc boys are going on the 5th of september. check their website, looks awsesome! a few guys i know are going this sunday, so tyres and set up work will be done for me!
Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xrayal
alright mate, im trying to get a few people together to goto mkrctc at the new track they have at silverstone. me and a couple of hrcc boys are going on the 5th of september. check their website, looks awsesome! a few guys i know are going this sunday, so tyres and set up work will be done for me!
Bloody hell !!! looks like I know where I will be going to race it's huge, indoor tarmac now that's something I had been dreaming about.

http://www.moto-arena.co.uk/about-us.html
Old 08-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Cherry - I would suggest heatshrinking the Xtreme stock capacitor board, i have n idea why they arent wrapped from HW, but i have seen a small knock break off the cap.
Secondly, the ball stud on the sakura is on the wrong side of the servo horn, having the link angled like that will cause some funky exponential feeling in the steering.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

here's my extreme in my 416X
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-p190810_09.56.jpg  
Old 08-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TRF4evr
here's my extreme in my 416X
Wow. Thats a great job you've done there. Well done. Love the blue match up!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Adept

Looking forward to trying it out at Maritime on Thursday with the following settings.

7.24/1 Ratio
DDRS 7
Boost Timing 8
Turbo OFF
Boost Start RPM 6000
Timing Punch -2

All the above are with an old Novak SS Pro 13.5 which I bought 2nd hand for £6...........

Cherry xx
What a steal lol. £6. You lucky git!

I used on Sunday with my GM 13.5 (which has simillar characteristics, without having to use timing) -
6.566 ratio
DDRS 4 (Tires were really cared for!)
Boost Timing 8
Turbo 7
Start Rpm 3000
Timing Punch -6

Car had great top speed and could nail the throttle mid corner without burning up the tires. Motor was barely warm. You tend to forget that these electric TCs have 24mm thin rubber tires and there's only so much power they can take out of slow corners. (I would suggest you try something lazier for Maritime, the track is very twisty.) It had that same characteristic the LRP SPX has with a 10.5. Smooth and you can really be aggressive on the throttle without killing the tires.

Just to show how different your setup is working, my car starts at 3,000rpm and ends at 24,000rpm before turbo. Yours starts at 6,000rpm and ends at 14,400rpm with no turbo. No wonder you dont use the turbo, it would feel like a switch! - I'd be willing to bet my motor wont be as hot as yours without the turbo.

Last edited by maxg123456; 08-19-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whoopass
I am with you on this one bud, i tried the 528 stock on a HW120 and the brakes were fine for 1 min then stopped working altogether. i use 20-30% drag break all the time running 13.5 class. flashed the ESC back to 422 and not had an issue, i actually think the 422 is better and smoother. not changing back to 528 again. however the ESC is awesome. keep up the good work guys..... great driveability. i think 3000/4000 is too low for timing anyway. i run 9000 on a LRP X.12 13.5 and the motor is strong all race.... geared at 6.7 fdr on a large-ish track. 20m main asphalt straight...

also tried on the basic radio setup at 100% on the end points, then increasing the radio by 5%. car was good all day.
I only run 518 because you can make the DDRS work as it should. If it wasn't for that, i'd run 422. Its the best.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xrayal
Now that looks good for the UK winter instead of carpet. Are they doing Touring cars ?
Keep us posted on the weekends events mate.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

J..... have ordered some Pink wire to match my pinky car but it's gonna be a week or so from Shen Zhen lol.

Oh and come on Hobbywing do the Speedo in PINK you KNOW you want to really lol

Hope this is of interest to anyone and that maybe it helps a little.

Cherry xx
That is so true...we need PINK case for the HW esc....I m driving 2 Sakuras now, each for mod and stock class. I just ordered some Fluorescent PINK wires from Robobugs r/c. Anyway can you give me a link to where did you order yours from?

In the mean time here is what I did to my HW120 v2.1 while waiting for HW to make a PINK case esc.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cherry2Blost, was goin to tell you about my friend here who has a pink HW esc but i didnt get the chance to show it to you and now he did!!!

Originally Posted by dameetz
That is so true...we need PINK case for the HW esc....I m driving 2 Sakuras now, each for mod and stock class. I just ordered some Fluorescent PINK wires from Robobugs r/c. Anyway can you give me a link to where did you order yours from?

In the mean time here is what I did to my HW120 v2.1 while waiting for HW to make a PINK case esc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.