R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #10141
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by millbank View Post
Any news on the v3 software upgrade to aid the soft brakes in blinky?
It will be released the same time as the V2... Next Week. (Or the week after that, or the one after that..)

V2 Blinky has had brake problems, and Lipo cutoff problems for 18 months, and we are all still waiting for the update. Its been in "testing" since April 2011 according to an old post from Angelo.

Whatever you do, don t hold your breath.....

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #10142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
It will be released the same time as the V2... Next Week. (Or the week after that, or the one after that..)

V2 Blinky has had brake problems, and Lipo cutoff problems for 18 months, and we are all still waiting for the update. Its been in "testing" since April 2011 according to an old post from Angelo.

Whatever you do, don t hold your breath.....

Shawn.
Have you tried setting intial brake to 20%? Someone recommeded it and I tried it on mine in blinky. Huge difference
lewis110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 PM   #10143
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis110 View Post
Have you tried setting intial brake to 20%? Someone recommeded it and I tried it on mine in blinky. Huge difference
Yes I have. I was the one that recommended it! I have tried various things, with the Blinky software, but compared to the brakes in the Boost/Turbo software they dont seem to work properly.

The Low Voltage Cutoff also works in the boost/turbo software, but not the blinky fw.

Shawn.
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #10144
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey guys, im getting a 2wd 1/10 buggy and looking to do a HW combo in it or even a hobbywing esc that will run the trinity D3.5 17.5 motor in it...

What esc do you recommend or even for that fact, what HW esc/motor combo do you prefer for this buggy?
Old 11-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #10145
Tech Adept

Hello.
I've got two speedo. One is a xerun 2.1 120 2S and the sencond one is a V3. I've only have got one LCD profesional program box, upgraded his firmware to V3 version.
With this firmware, I only can program without a laptop the v3.
To program de xerun 2.1, I must attach the program box to laptop and then to 2.1 speedo.
I think this is the correct way.
My doubt is about firmware I can upload to speed through laptop.
If I connect the 2.1, in the list of firmwares to upgrades the xerun 2.1, appears firmwares named V3 (like 508 for blinky mode). Is this V3 software compatible with xerun 2.1 or only with xerun V3?
I don't know if the hobbywing windows software filter firmware compatible with the speedo connected or not.

King regards from Spain.
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #10146
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banquer View Post
Hello.
I've got two speedo. One is a xerun 2.1 120 2S and the sencond one is a V3. I've only have got one LCD profesional program box, upgraded his firmware to V3 version.
With this firmware, I only can program without a laptop the v3.
To program de xerun 2.1, I must attach the program box to laptop and then to 2.1 speedo.
I think this is the correct way.
My doubt is about firmware I can upload to speed through laptop.
If I connect the 2.1, in the list of firmwares to upgrades the xerun 2.1, appears firmwares named V3 (like 508 for blinky mode). Is this V3 software compatible with xerun 2.1 or only with xerun V3?
I don't know if the hobbywing windows software filter firmware compatible with the speedo connected or not.

King regards from Spain.
V3_508_No_Timing is for the V2

HW should probably rename the availalbe firmware files because it can get confusing.

The V3 ESC's firmware is a little different (current version is V1.1_120511_beta) where you use profiles in that software for blinky, stock, mod.
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #10147
Tech Adept

Ok. Thank you so much.
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #10148
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByteStream

HW should probably rename the availalbe firmware files because it can get confusing.
+100 on that.
Johnny-RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #10149
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
hey guys, im getting a 2wd 1/10 buggy and looking to do a HW combo in it or even a hobbywing esc that will run the trinity D3.5 17.5 motor in it...

What esc do you recommend or even for that fact, what HW esc/motor combo do you prefer for this buggy?
I run a Extreme stock Xerun with a 17.5 Trinity D3.5 in stock buggy and stock SCT a 60 amp Xerun.

I would say either the Extreme stock or 60 amp Xerun would be plenty for 17.5 blink (stock) racing. You could always go with the 120amp Xerun or even the V3 Xerun if you want to use the esc for something else down the road.

Falcon Sekido has some great prices on both the Extreme stock and 60 amp Xerun.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...k-esc-for-1-10

All of the Xerun esc's are ROAR legal for blinky class racing with the 508 software.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #10150
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-RC View Post
I run a Extreme stock Xerun with a 17.5 Trinity D3.5 in stock buggy and stock SCT a 60 amp Xerun.

I would say either the Extreme stock or 60 amp Xerun would be plenty for 17.5 blink (stock) racing. You could always go with the 120amp Xerun or even the V3 Xerun if you want to use the esc for something else down the road.

Falcon Sekido has some great prices on both the Extreme stock and 60 amp Xerun.

http://www.falconsekido.com/products...k-esc-for-1-10

All of the Xerun esc's are ROAR legal for blinky class racing with the 508 software.
Yes, they will be the company i buy from as i have done so before and they ARE GREAT or until my LHS carries their stuff but pry wont happen anytime soon. This set-up is mainly for freelancing(as i dont bash, just tool around) BUT if i do take it to the track i want to be legal and need to be set up with
17.5 motor and Esc in Blinky mode. So which esc is best for this or whats the advantage of running 1 of those esc's over the other?

Thanks for the input also...
Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #10151
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
we are working on the brakes issue with the blinky software

should be available next week

regards Angelo
Any update on this Brake issue? I am really hoping this can be resolved. I have two justock esc's not seeing any use right now because of this.

About 6 months ago there was a point where over half our of local racers were all running justocks in 17.5 touring. Now, I don't think there is a single one left on the track because everyone got fed up with the lack of brakes...
puhrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #10152
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to ScottyTC4NZ

Hi Guys,
I was at the track tonight and when I was going around, a couple of times I notice the car would be at half speed at full throttle then u punch the trigger again then it would take off like a rocket, has any herd of that before?
Titan ARC R10 2013 / Blitz / Sweep / Team Titan
Titan ARC R10 Upgrade / Blitz / Sweep / Team Titan
ScottyTC4NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 AM   #10153
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ View Post
Hi Guys,
I was at the track tonight and when I was going around, a couple of times I notice the car would be at half speed at full throttle then u punch the trigger again then it would take off like a rocket, has any herd of that before?
Check the sensor cable is fully seated in the speedo itself, we had one on the weekend that acted just as you describe and it turned out to be that the cable was slightly out of the socket at an angle.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM   #10154
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
we are working on the brakes issue with the blinky software

should be available next week

regards Angelo
Good to see HW has finally realized what we have been saying. Brakes in Blinky are soft. Back when I brought this up it was dismissed as needing to check my Tx settings and something else. Thanks HW I hope this can be fixed soon.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #10155
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCCustoms View Post
Yes, they will be the company i buy from as i have done so before and they ARE GREAT or until my LHS carries their stuff but pry wont happen anytime soon. This set-up is mainly for freelancing(as i dont bash, just tool around) BUT if i do take it to the track i want to be legal and need to be set up with
17.5 motor and Esc in Blinky mode. So which esc is best for this or whats the advantage of running 1 of those esc's over the other?

Thanks for the input also...
I think the Extreme stock was originally designed for 17.5 Touring Car running boost. This is why its only ratted down to an 11.5 motor. I have heard guys say you can run down to a 8.5 with no boost or turbo (cant confirm that though). I have however run a Extreme stock esc with a 10.5 boosted in 2wd SCT with no problem.

The 60amp Xerun is ratted down to 8.5 so its just a more beefy esc and the reason why its larger then the Extreme stock. They both use the same software and are both ROAR legal for blinky, just like the 120 amp Xerun.