R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #9886
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I looks like 4 dot is the default and -10 deg timing. I would drop 2 teeth on the pinion and check temps. or turn your boost down to 20 deg. when you do a full trigger pull your doing 45 degrees of timing 30 deg + 15 turbo. That will heat up your motor.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #9887
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicerX1 View Post
Yea Hobbypartz support is almost impossible to reach. But they have some very good prices and i still continue to buy from them knowing its hard to get any after purchase support. The trick is for reaching their customer service department is to visit their customer support forum and create a post there.
http://www.rcdiscuss.com/forumdispla...tz-com-Support
You want good support, good prices, fast shipping, excellent customer service and HobbyWing products you go to Falcon Sekido.
You will never want to buy from anyone else.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #9888
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_1987 View Post
I'm rather annoyed that I haven't received any advice or ideas to my issue. I changed from Tekin to HW last year, the main reason was for the support and postive feedback from local racers. I have sent multiple emails to cobra (both email address), still no response, no response on the forum. I know people are busy etc, but I would of thought I would of had an answers after 16 days. Tempted to sell the V3 and go back Tekin.
Jim I wrote a long reply which went into a moderation queue and never surfaced. I actually joined rctech to answer you.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:36 PM   #9889
Tech Regular

Quote:
See post #9797 for the attached set up sheet. The motor was running 4 dot insert.
with such a long straight I would have thought you should be running a higher ratio around 5.5 ish.
Perhaps you were actually over revving the motor with such a long straight.
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:06 AM   #9890
Tech Addict

Quote:
Need some advice, I changed from hobbywing xtreme stock to the V3, the main reason for the change as I couldn’t get my x12 13.5 below 80 degrees. I raced at the weekend at Mendip (U.K Track), it’s a large tarmac track with a 60m straight. It was an expensive weekend, I killed 2 motors x12 13.5 and hpi flux 13.5.

I have attached my setup from the weekend, the X12 had the 4 dot timing insert and geared at 6.6, Similar 13.5 drivers were geared between 6.2 to 6.5. After 3 minutes the motor was coming off at 100 degrees.

I checked the drive chain, it was running freely. My lipo’s MooreSpeed 5600 50C are good condition, punchy and big capacity.

Can anyone see any problems with these settings? Also tried these settings with HPI Flux which has a lot less mechanical timing built in.

Could it be a radio issue, I am using FrSky FR4 receiver not the original Futaba receiver.
It's nothing to do with the receiver.

For a start, I'd guess that ratio is miles out, I've been to Mendip myself running boosted mod and we geared in the 6's so with a 13.5 you're miles off !!

I'd gear about 5 to 5.5 for that track AT LEAST.

Try less boost, the X12 motor has a lot of static timing built in, so it really doesn't like boost/turbo applied in the same way as other motors (x12 has 40 degrees I think, whilst most others have around 20)

Your turbo delay is set to 0.1 and full throttle.. that means you'll be getting boost and turbo in the infield rather than on the straight, especially places like the pit straight and the one just before the bomb hole. Raise the delay to something more like 0.3 and change it to full throttle + rpm (set the rpm to about 19-20k)

In essence, drop the boost, drop the turbo, gear up

Temp is after a couple of minutes, but be aware that temps over 100C are not uncommon running X12 motors after a 5 minute run.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #9891
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
and

i try another time....any help?
I'd advise you to run either 508_notiming or 930 mod (blinky or tame boosted) to begin with, this will give you an easier time if you're just starting out than running the stock software which has the ability to make your car a LOT faster, but is a bit more complex.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:47 AM   #9892
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi!

I have 2.1 speedo, latest stock software.

How to set it like 'modified' soft for 5.5T?
I do not need turbo on my car now but also do not want each race flashing ...
TC6!, TC5R, 12L4, 12R5.1, 10L2, 10R5, RC8T_CE_EL custom F1 chassis
http://www.wgtshop.com/
M.Abramowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #9893
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Whats the difference between boost and turbo for example would a setting of boost 30 turbo 10 be any faster than boost 40 turbo 0 and would there be any difference in runtime
thefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #9894
Tech Regular

Turbo is additional timing only at full throttle.

It does seem a bit backwards to me though, for some reason running say 30 boost and 10 turbo seems to run cooler than running 20 each but doesn't really feel any different.
cyclonetog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:35 PM   #9895
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default setup

hi can anyone pm or post me a good 17.5 boosted setup med sized track.
thanks
Old 09-22-2012, 12:04 AM   #9896
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I've ran my SCTE with a Tekin RX8 for a year now. I was forced to use my backup hobbywing xerun 120a today and loved that ESC so much. It's not as punchy but I don't lose anything from my pro4 4600.

Now, since the fan is required for a pro4 and tends to be a problem....
What's the difference between the xerun 120amp and the sct pro? I like the fan casing on the sct pro.

Last edited by Kuya_Kimo; 09-22-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Kuya_Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #9897
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm rather annoyed that I haven't received any advice or ideas to my issue. I changed from Tekin to HW last year, the main reason was for the support and postive feedback from local racers. I have sent multiple emails to cobra (both email address), still no response, no response on the forum. I know people are busy etc, but I would of thought I would of had an answers after 16 days. Tempted to sell the V3 and go back Tekin.
so many emails received just went through my both emails and nothing from you .

Your lrp motor im sure starts at 27.5 degree of mechanical timing with 4 dot insert by using more inserts your increasing your timing by 5 degree which means heat .Now its either esc timing or motor timing at a high level you just cant have both .Now with a 60 meter straight how did you have your turbo come on ?

need more info like your esc settings not just the motor you used with the little info no one can help you on this forum or through email .

post your settings and we can help your motor turn and battery is just not enough .

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #9898
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo View Post
I've ran my SCTE with a Tekin RX8 for a year now. I was forced to use my backup hobbywing xerun 120a today and loved that ESC so much. It's not as punchy but I don't lose anything from my pro4 4600.

Now, since the fan is required for a pro4 and tends to be a problem....
What's the difference between the xerun 120amp and the sct pro? I like the fan casing on the sct pro.
two differnces only

1 .Different programing port as the sct is a 3 pin and the 120 amp is a rx port

2.The sct pro cannot run turbo firmware were the 120 amp xerun can
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #9899
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiMLit View Post
You want good support, good prices, fast shipping, excellent customer service and HobbyWing products you go to Falcon Sekido.
You will never want to buy from anyone else.
For the racer i suggest you contact crc in new york for support Frank calandra and his crew are experienced racers and distribute and support the hobbywing products

California Ron schurr from shurrspeed also helps racers at the track nearly every weekend and major events around the usa .

so there is alot of support for hobbywing in the usa not only Falcon sekido so you guys have a choice which is good for the sport and the product
Old 09-23-2012, 05:11 AM   #9900
Tech Elite

We at hobbywing have also noticed an increase in copied products may it be complete with hobbywing labels to just cosmetic and software .

Ebay is becoming bigger and bigger with sellers out of hong kong and china one believe it or not is out of the usa with counterfeit products of hobbywing as i have received more emails from customers who have purchased and have been burnt.

Ive said it many times before buying off ebay sellers you are at risk of not receiving a genuine product.

There are also two companies with cosmetic features identical to hobbywing which have also cracked the 508 software to be used on their esc's and the crazy thing is they call it 508 zero timing lol.

so just be aware not all stores on ebay advertising hobbywing products are the genuine deal.Also be aware of look alikes that are using the software as they are fake .

xerun series oems are only made for the following

orion,sp gt series,Hpi,yokomo .

please if you come across any other branded esc that is running hobbywing 508 software or even turbo software please let us know by email

teamcobraracing@gmail.com
ae@hobbywing.com

or proamps@gmail.com

when you purchase hobbywing please go to our website and input your anti counterfeit code supplied with your unit if it doesnt register then you have just purchased a non genuine product .

You can also check the package all our products come in a coloured package with a hobbywing anti counterfeit hologram label not in the plain white boxes i have seen in the past .Also capacitors for the xerun are silver and the ezrun are black and white stripping not green and gold .
Also all our sensor cables are only supplied with motors not esc's and are black and not red with a white connector

Last edited by COBRARACING; 09-23-2012 at 05:22 AM.