R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 09-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #9796
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post

I've read, and I believe, that turbo doesn't kick in until all boost has been applied. The question is, does that mean that if I have turbo delay of .2, and I'm now at full boost, it takes .2 additional seconds to begin adding the turbo, or is it .2 seconds after full throttle, regardless of how long after that it takes to apply boost?

Asked another way, if it took .3 seconds to get full boost, would it take .5 seconds total for turbo to begin being added, or would turbo start being applied at the .3 second mark, assuming the same turbo delay of .2?

End result is, I would like to see my full timing kick in around .5 or .6 of a second, and I've calculated that it takes about .26 of a second to apply full boost, using TryHard's Excel sheet (slightly modified to match the v2 software). I think it will do that, assuming turbo delay is not based on boost being fully applied, and given these settings:

Thanks,
Ethan

The turbo will only kick in (on the later V2 software) After Full Throttle timer (which starts when you are full throttle), and all the Boost is applied. So you are absolutely correct about that. (219 version of FW).

To answer you question. If it takes .3sec to get your full boost, and you are full throttle, the entire time, the turbo will kick in right away, and you will not need to wait the full .5 seconds.

If you are running the 1224 version of the FW (V2), then the turbo will kick in anytime the Turbo Delay (full throttle) timer has elapsed.

I seem to remember someone did a firmware tracking sheet for the V2 which contains all the information about the changes that happened over the years. Some of us are still running 1224.

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #9797
Tech Apprentice

Need some advice, I changed from hobbywing xtreme stock to the V3, the main reason for the change as I couldnít get my x12 13.5 below 80 degrees. I raced at the weekend at Mendip (U.K Track), itís a large tarmac track with a 60m straight. It was an expensive weekend, I killed 2 motors x12 13.5 and hpi flux 13.5.

I have attached my setup from the weekend, the X12 had the 4 dot timing insert and geared at 6.6, Similar 13.5 drivers were geared between 6.2 to 6.5. After 3 minutes the motor was coming off at 100 degrees.

I checked the drive chain, it was running freely. My lipoís MooreSpeed 5600 50C are good condition, punchy and big capacity.

Can anyone see any problems with these settings? Also tried these settings with HPI Flux which has a lot less mechanical timing built in.

Could it be a radio issue, I am using FrSky FR4 receiver not the original Futaba receiver.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-mendip-setup.pdf.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #9798
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
The turbo will only kick in (on the later V2 software) After Full Throttle timer (which starts when you are full throttle), and all the Boost is applied. So you are absolutely correct about that. (219 version of FW).

To answer you question. If it takes .3sec to get your full boost, and you are full throttle, the entire time, the turbo will kick in right away, and you will not need to wait the full .5 seconds.

If you are running the 1224 version of the FW (V2), then the turbo will kick in anytime the Turbo Delay (full throttle) timer has elapsed.

I seem to remember someone did a firmware tracking sheet for the V2 which contains all the information about the changes that happened over the years. Some of us are still running 1224.

Shawn
Thank you, Shawn. Yea, I'm running the latest version. Truth be told this is actually a Speed Passion controller, GT2.0 Pro, but it's upgraded to the latest 120428stock.

A small follow-up, once you hit full boost, if you've been full throttle for say .3 seconds, will it then ramp 3 degrees per .1 second? So it'll take the .6 seconds to go full boost, or will it have already been .3 seconds at full throttle and will just dump all 9 degrees of turbo at once? These numbers are assuming my posted settings.

Thanks again!
E
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #9799
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
How fast that can be expected from 10.5 boosted motor with 2s lipo?
In 2wd Pro10, 100-110 kmh
in 4wd TC, 85-90 kmh....
Old 09-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #9800
Tech Apprentice

Hello to all
boys finally today I bought my first 1/10 (HB TCX) and the XERUN 120a 2.1, I wanted to ask for help: what firmware you advise me to install and which setup how can I start?
thanks to those who will answer.
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #9801
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
In 2wd Pro10, 100-110 kmh
in 4wd TC, 85-90 kmh....
Thanks
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #9802
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I need some help...I updated my hobby wing programmer box to suppor the v3 software, but now I want to back level it to support the v2.0/2.1 speed controls. Is there a process to do this?

All of my attempts have failed thus far.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #9803
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Got a really quick reply from Angelo...thanks for the great support from HW.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #9804
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I need some help...I updated my hobby wing programmer box to suppor the v3 software, but now I want to back level it to support the v2.0/2.1 speed controls. Is there a process to do this?

All of my attempts have failed thus far.
I ended up downgrading to the latest non-v3 version inside the hobbywing v3 software. Did Angelo describe a better fix?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #9805
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
send me an emai i will help you ,This is a software issue not a voltage cut off issue

teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Cheers, email sent
Old 09-05-2012, 01:26 AM   #9806
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
Hi Joey,
Use the PC Software and the programming box to load the 580_NoTiming software to the speedo, then once done, recalibrate to your handset.

Any issues, please get in touch

Cheers
Chris
any idea wear i can download it from as the link i found just lead me to a Chinese page of writing???
having trouble finding the program to download and the software. cheers

Offroad:
B4.1 team worlds stock class
Losi XXX-SCT box stock (soon to be built up)
joey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:44 AM   #9807
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

You can find it at hobbywing's site or here

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #9808
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erchn View Post
Thank you, Shawn. Yea, I'm running the latest version. Truth be told this is actually a Speed Passion controller, GT2.0 Pro, but it's upgraded to the latest 120428stock.

A small follow-up, once you hit full boost, if you've been full throttle for say .3 seconds, will it then ramp 3 degrees per .1 second? So it'll take the .6 seconds to go full boost, or will it have already been .3 seconds at full throttle and will just dump all 9 degrees of turbo at once? These numbers are assuming my posted settings.

Thanks again!
E
Thats a good question, I honestly dont know. I have my Turbo Slope set to Fastest. I also dont run alot of turbo (14), and run alot of boost (50). I find the power delivery is smoother. (Almost soft feeling. )

Shawn
Shawn68z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #9809
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn68z View Post
Thats a good question, I honestly dont know. I have my Turbo Slope set to Fastest. I also dont run alot of turbo (14), and run alot of boost (50). I find the power delivery is smoother. (Almost soft feeling. )

Shawn
Fair enough, thank you again.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #9810
Aoh
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

has a fix been released for the tekin pro4 motors dropping out of sensor mode?
Aoh is offline   Reply With Quote