Thanks, looking forward to it
Steve S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #9782
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
So, I have my new HW Xerun 120A 1s installed in my 1/12th. I've got 508 non-timing software onboard, and everything seems to work just fine. But, the "blinky" LED seems to be on the bottom of the ESC and is all but impossible to see. I took it into a dark closet to see if it was actually there. It is, but there's no way to see it in normal light, it's that faint.

Has anyone had trouble teching the Hobbywing in where a visual confirmation of the blinking light is required? Is this the normal thing?
Okay i'm back..Hey Todd
mine is very clear to see the blinky led ...my esc bottom case is clear plastic...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #9783
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314ck5h33p View Post
Guys, what an initial configuration to a 10.5t boosted:
Esc V2-60A, motors option: Xerun blue Baslistik or SpeedPassion V3, which better?

Results of my radio telemetry tests:
FDR 8.5 - 61251 rpm / speed 84,3 km/h / motor temp 95C (with cooler)
FDR 8.90 - 63190 rpm / speed 82,93 km/h / motor temp 100C (with cooler)
Set Esc:
Boost 36
Start RPM 2000
Turbo open: 18 / 01sec.
Turbo timming 28
Turbo open delay 0,3
Boost timming ACC 300

My main opponents have top speed the 94km/h.

Races have 8 minuts, environment temperature is +/- 28C and track +/- 45C

Tks for your help.
I think your gearing too high. Maybe try around 7.25 for 10.5
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #9784
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
I think your gearing too high. Maybe try around 7.25 for 10.5
hummm...
i try... tks!
at what time the turbo starts in V2?
Because in V3 you determine the moment (RPM) for open the turbo.
Happens to overlap the boost?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:17 PM   #9785
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314ck5h33p View Post
hummm...
i try... tks!
at what time the turbo starts in V2?
Because in V3 you determine the moment (RPM) for open the turbo.
Happens to overlap the boost?
CMIIW:
disconnect the pinion and set turbo to 0 and give full throttle, read telemetry RPM value , that is when your turbo start.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #9786
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

hey, this has probably been asked before but i dont have time to read through the past pages.

I have a HW v3 ESC and have had it for 3-4 months or so. i'm having an issue with it that after a pre race warm up and then sitting on the grid for max 20-30 sec the car goes into blinky mode from boosted mode.

FYI - i run 17.5t boosted and have had a HW team driver look at the problem but all he can come up with is that i should change modes. yes this works for a little while but then RANDOMLY happens again. i also cant figure out why its doing it, there is nothing that i'm doing that i see can cause it.

Can i get some help / incite on how to FIX this issue as it hasn't happened in a big race yet but i can see it will soon.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:37 AM   #9787
BRC
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfy View Post
hey, this has probably been asked before but i dont have time to read through the past pages.

I have a HW v3 ESC and have had it for 3-4 months or so. i'm having an issue with it that after a pre race warm up and then sitting on the grid for max 20-30 sec the car goes into blinky mode from boosted mode.

FYI - i run 17.5t boosted and have had a HW team driver look at the problem but all he can come up with is that i should change modes. yes this works for a little while but then RANDOMLY happens again. i also cant figure out why its doing it, there is nothing that i'm doing that i see can cause it.

Can i get some help / incite on how to FIX this issue as it hasn't happened in a big race yet but i can see it will soon.
Try lowering your voltage cutoff....
it worked for mined and a few other guys
Mini: M05 Xevo conversion
Mini Z: Atomic BZ
BRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #9788
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfy View Post

send me an emai i will help you ,This is a software issue not a voltage cut off issue

teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #9789
Tech Rookie

hey guys im having trouble finding out how to do this or get any info and have had a search with not many results, i have a hobbywing 120a ezrun V2.1 esc and need to get it into BLINKY Mode any help of how i go about this would be appreciated
joey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:36 AM   #9790
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
CMIIW:
disconnect the pinion and set turbo to 0 and give full throttle, read telemetry RPM value , that is when your turbo start.
That's not correct. Turbo on the V2 is related to how long the throttle has been at 100%, not anything to do with RPM.
It is quite possible, that if you have a short turbo engage, and are starting from a low rpm, you will have turbo engaged long before a high rpm is reached. And that's before we even start to talk about boost timing addition, and that no load motor RPM (as your doing by taking the pinion off) will always be higher than what's seen on track.
There isn't really any way to quantify exactly when the turbo kicks in, bar having a full om data logger on the car.

Regards
Ed
Old 09-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #9791
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey12 View Post
hey guys im having trouble finding out how to do this or get any info and have had a search with not many results, i have a hobbywing 120a ezrun V2.1 esc and need to get it into BLINKY Mode any help of how i go about this would be appreciated
Hi Joey,
Use the PC Software and the programming box to load the 580_NoTiming software to the speedo, then once done, recalibrate to your handset.

Any issues, please get in touch

Cheers
Chris
Old 09-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #9792
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

does anybody have settings for a 5.5T thunderpower motor (2s lipo touring car) ?? thx in advance.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #9793
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
That's not correct. Turbo on the V2 is related to how long the throttle has been at 100%, not anything to do with RPM.
It is quite possible, that if you have a short turbo engage, and are starting from a low rpm, you will have turbo engaged long before a high rpm is reached. And that's before we even start to talk about boost timing addition, and that no load motor RPM (as your doing by taking the pinion off) will always be higher than what's seen on track.
There isn't really any way to quantify exactly when the turbo kicks in, bar having a full om data logger on the car.

Regards
Ed
ok, I think so.
If my Boost Start is low (2000rpm) is likely between the turbo with the Boost.
I will test my boost at higher RPM to enter after the start of the Turbo.
Any suggestions for setup? V2 to 10.5t.

Tks all
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #9794
Tech Apprentice

How fast that can be expected from 10.5 boosted motor with 2s lipo?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #9795
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm absolutely positive this has been asked before, but honestly searching for it in this thread I think would be almost impossible. So, here goes.

I've read, and I believe, that turbo doesn't kick in until all boost has been applied. The question is, does that mean that if I have turbo delay of .2, and I'm now at full boost, it takes .2 additional seconds to begin adding the turbo, or is it .2 seconds after full throttle, regardless of how long after that it takes to apply boost?

Asked another way, if it took .3 seconds to get full boost, would it take .5 seconds total for turbo to begin being added, or would turbo start being applied at the .3 second mark, assuming the same turbo delay of .2?

End result is, I would like to see my full timing kick in around .5 or .6 of a second, and I've calculated that it takes about .26 of a second to apply full boost, using TryHard's Excel sheet (slightly modified to match the v2 software). I think it will do that, assuming turbo delay is not based on boost being fully applied, and given these settings:

Thanks,
Ethan
erchn is offline   Reply With Quote