R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #9601
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Hi Guys

Just a little hint working on your v3 esc and software as some cannot get their heads around it all .

When you are running a low turn motor look at running the boost start rpm at a high level like 9000-20000 rpm plus

when running a high turn motor look at running the boost start rpm a low level like 2000-6000 rpm etc etc
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #9602
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

One thing is for sure with the X12 and X20 motors from LRP and that is, they run a lot hotter then the other brand motors.
When you run the Hobbywing motor with the same setting as you do the LRP, it will run at least 20 to 30 degrees cooler then the LRP.
The LRP likes to be run with a lower FDR then the HW or other brand of motors.
It helps keep it cooler.
I destroyed a X12 10.5 in a Pro10 car with a rollout of 38 on a medium size track.
The same setting with a X11 10.5 gives no problems at all.
The HW motor runs even cooler then the X11.
When i use the X12 motor with a Tekin, it has no problems for some reason with a higher FDR or smaller rollout.
I think it is just the combo of the motor and ESC.
The Trinity D3 run's also very good with the HW ESC.
The guys i run with in the Pro10 class use mostly the HW ESC with the HW motor or the D3 and get great results.
One of the HW user did a 14.07 at a huge good flowing 1:8 nitro track(Rucphen).
This was just slower then the 13.089 the mod Pro10 guys where running in the Pro10@Rucphen(with 6T delta motors).
He is a good driver but so are the Pro guys from Germany.
His time(2WD aka Alex) was set with the 3300KV blue HW motor and the 2S V2.1 ESC.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Hi guys,

I do have a new question for experts:
I used to run on Team Orion motors, and I always left the timing at 0 on the motor with my 2.1.. I bought a V3 and also a new LRP X20 (also at 10.5), just for testing. I was very surprised to see that the motor came with a default timing of 27.5. I try to put same settings in the V3 I had in the V2.1 and there, bad surprise, thermal cut-off after 120 sec. !

I decided to ask some questions around me about these 27.5 and I got an information about the fact that all sensored brushless motors come with 30 of timing, due to the position of the sensor, and that most of brands just base their scale on this point...

Have you already heard of that?

Since that, I've put directly 30 timing in my X20 and it seems to work better than with 27.5... My opinion is that I have set the timing to "standard 0" when i put 30 timing on the LRP...

I'm quite confused about that, could somebody help me?

Thanks...
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:59 AM   #9603
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Hi Guys

Just to let you know we have moved on from the older usb link software like the 1.64v as we have seen quite a few copies around one being who have also named their zero timing software 508 a complete copy of hobbywing lol It's flattering though and amazing that they are a United states company .

Anyway please download 3.1v the new usb link from the hobbywing website http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218 under Link called Detail scroll down and you will see the downloadable link the usb link now works for all esc's in the hobbywing range .

Have a fun racing guys and anything info or question please let us know .

We are also working on a new 2 in 1 programmer with more memory so both the v3 and 2.1v will work on a single box .The lcd programme box will be the same no changes only different mcu that will hold more memory .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #9604
Tech Prophet
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 16,812
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Hi Guys

Just to let you know we have moved on from the older usb link software like the 1.64v as we have seen quite a few copies around one being who have also named their zero timing software 508 a complete copy of hobbywing lol It's flattering though and amazing that they are a United states company .

Anyway please download 3.1v the new usb link from the hobbywing website http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=218 under Link called Detail scroll down and you will see the downloadable link the usb link now works for all esc's in the hobbywing range .

Have a fun racing guys and anything info or question please let us know .

We are also working on a new 2 in 1 programmer with more memory so both the v3 and 2.1v will work on a single box .The lcd programme box will be the same no changes only different mcu that will hold more memory .
LOL, you know the BH esc's are made in China right? Most people assumed you guys were building them since they are the V1 chassis. The only difference is better electronics.
__________________
Support: Team Associated | Reedy Motors & ESC's | Sanwa Radios | Avid | Proline Tires
HobbyAction RC Chandler (coming soon)
Wildcat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #9605
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 95
Default

Hi cobra
Can you make some usb link software on android or smartphone system so we dont need to bring our notebook to the track?
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #9606
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tustin, CA
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to RicerX1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
Hi cobra
Can you make some usb link software on android or smartphone system so we dont need to bring our notebook to the track?
+1
hobby wing should try to be the first ios and android enabled ESC.
RicerX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #9607
Tech Adept
 
banquer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Granada (Spain)
Posts: 110
Default

This is a great idea!
Pleeeeaaasseee, inform factory our preferences!
__________________
Tamiya 419
Tamiya TRF 101
MuchMore Fleta Pro - Euro - Fleta 10.5-21.5
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #9608
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Africa
Posts: 80
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

This might seem like a stupid question but my understanding is...

When you load the no timing software onto an XeRun, shouldn't there be a blinking light (hence blinky mode) to indicate to scrutineers that the ESC is running no timing and is in blinky mode?

I have loaded the no timing software (V3_508_NO timing)onto my Xerun 60A and there is no blinky light - what gives?
(It definitely has the no timing software loaded, in Advanced settings of the USB link, all the timing settings are grayed out which is what I would expect.)
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #9609
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Getting excited get to run my new hobby wing for the first time (V3). Any tips for setup? I'm switching from a rs pro.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #9610
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Getting excited get to run my new hobby wing for the first time (V3). Any tips for setup? I'm switching from a rs pro.
The drag brake and push brake are a little weak overall. If you use drag brake you may want to set it sort of high to start. I'm trying them both a little high tomorrow. I'll be at LH if you want to collaborate !
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #9611
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,425
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
The drag brake and push brake are a little weak overall. If you use drag brake you may want to set it sort of high to start. I'm trying them both a little high tomorrow. I'll be at LH if you want to collaborate !
I actually don't use drag brake so that works out. Seems pretty cool so far. If I like it the RS Pro's are going up for sale and I'm gonna buy a second one.

What classes are you running.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:46 AM   #9612
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 View Post
LOL, you know the BH esc's are made in China right? Most people assumed you guys were building them since they are the V1 chassis. The only difference is better electronics.
We have never had an association and never will .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #9613
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
Hi cobra
Can you make some usb link software on android or smartphone system so we dont need to bring our notebook to the track?
Android system is a good idea .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:50 AM   #9614
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
This might seem like a stupid question but my understanding is...

When you load the no timing software onto an XeRun, shouldn't there be a blinking light (hence blinky mode) to indicate to scrutineers that the ESC is running no timing and is in blinky mode?

I have loaded the no timing software (V3_508_NO timing)onto my Xerun 60A and there is no blinky light - what gives?
(It definitely has the no timing software loaded, in Advanced settings of the USB link, all the timing settings are grayed out which is what I would expect.)
the led is very faint have a closer look and you will see it blink twice per sec
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #9615
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Will we be seeing any setups from the TC worlds? Keen to see Andy and Hara's
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0