R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 08-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #9586
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

You can find it here

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #9587
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
Yes, great result at the 2012 Ifmar 1:10 Electric Touring

1st - Jilles Groskamp - ORION Vortex R1 (Hobbywing OME)

2nd - Hatsushi Hara - V3 Hobbywing

8th - Andy moore - V3 Hobbywing

Excellent job of Michael
not to forget yannik. he ran super good. if they hadnt counted round 6 qualifying he would have started 4th.

so the stuff works
Old 08-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #9588
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

This has likely been answered, but I've not been able to locate... If I run both the 2.1 and the v3, will I need two program boxes or will the one be ok... Been catching bits and pieces and looking for some clarity... Thanks in.advance!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #9589
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchroma24 View Post
This has likely been answered, but I've not been able to locate... If I run both the 2.1 and the v3, will I need two program boxes or will the one be ok... Been catching bits and pieces and looking for some clarity... Thanks in.advance!
you will eed two boxes as our 2 in 1 programmer at the moment hasnt got enough memory to run both
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #9590
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Send a message via AIM to xrayaustin

Can somebody here please help me out. Just bought a v3 and a program box. Got it home and am attempting to download and install the V3.1 software, but am getting nowhere fast.

Here is what I am doing:
1) Downloading the usb software link .rar file on the hobbywing website, saving it to my desktop.
2) opening winrar and attempting to extract the .rar software file.

This is when I get stuck everytime. It keeps telling me that there is a crc error with that file. I have tried repeatedly to redownload the file to no avail. Could somebody help me out.

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
xrayaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:48 AM   #9591
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayaustin View Post
Can somebody here please help me out. Just bought a v3 and a program box. Got it home and am attempting to download and install the V3.1 software, but am getting nowhere fast.

Here is what I am doing:
1) Downloading the usb software link .rar file on the hobbywing website, saving it to my desktop.
2) opening winrar and attempting to extract the .rar software file.

This is when I get stuck everytime. It keeps telling me that there is a crc error with that file. I have tried repeatedly to redownload the file to no avail. Could somebody help me out.
please send me an email and i will help you

teamcobraracing@gmail.com
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 08-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #9592
Tech Apprentice

Default COME BACK FROM IFMAR WORLDS

Just came back from the Worlds.
It is a great successful for Hobbywing's first show on IFMAR event.

Andy Moore's Hobbywing/REEDY powered CRC 1/12 is the fastest in the final.
Although V3 speedo is 2S-3S supported, it has no problem to use on 1S car installed with a receiver battery pack. And for the best control performance, a battery pack is the most top drivers' choice. His best setting of V3 speedo will be posted soon.
Attached Thumbnails
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-imag0564.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #9593
Tech Master

Update to some of my issues:

I have got the software to extract and have installed it. I then opened the software and was greeted by an update wizard with an entire list of updates. I updated them. I then attempted to update the firmware in speed control with no succuess as there is absolutely no spot to upgrade the firmware it is just gone. I was then told I need to update the box to v1.11 so I did that and there is still no firmware button at all.

If somebody could please help that would be greatly appreciated.

2010 cleveland indoor champs and 2011 snowbird nationals 17.5 stock A main winner
Old 08-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #9594
Tech Master

Yet another update:

I have got all my available buttons on the left h and side and all seems to be working. One problem.... under the upgrade version in the firmware I only have two options. One is v1.1 and the other is a v1.1 beta. I have updated at the top of the screen and am on v1.11 for my box.

What is the problem now

Old 08-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #9595
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I do have a new question for experts:
I used to run on Team Orion motors, and I always left the timing at 0 on the motor with my 2.1.. I bought a V3 and also a new LRP X20 (also at 10.5), just for testing. I was very surprised to see that the motor came with a default timing of 27.5. I try to put same settings in the V3 I had in the V2.1 and there, bad surprise, thermal cut-off after 120 sec. !

I decided to ask some questions around me about these 27.5 and I got an information about the fact that all sensored brushless motors come with 30 of timing, due to the position of the sensor, and that most of brands just base their scale on this point...

Have you already heard of that?

Since that, I've put directly 30 timing in my X20 and it seems to work better than with 27.5... My opinion is that I have set the timing to "standard 0" when i put 30 timing on the LRP...

I'm quite confused about that, could somebody help me?

Thanks...
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #9596
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I must admit that I'm very happy with my Xerun ESC. I prefer it over my MMP many times.

If you allow, I'd have an idea for the next firmware of the 2in1 LCD programming box.

I know it's my fault, but I've already did use several times the "Reset to default" on the LCD box just because I didn't pay attention. I assume, that I ain't the only unlucky one to do so.

Now if someone doesn't remember, what settings he/she had in that profile that just got erased and he/she doesn't have a pc with the previuosly saved profile on site, that can be painful.

My suggestion would be, to either:
a; I don't know, if there is any unused ROM on the ESC/LCD box left. If there is some, then maybe rewrite the function of the "reset to default" option to make it rather reload the last setup that was stored on the ESC using a PC (meaning you wouldn't erase the whole profile at the track, but only lose the changes you've made to that profile on that specific day/since you last fiddled with it on your PC)
b; or simply allow the user to choose when uploading the firmware of the LCD box firmware, whether he/she wants to have the "Reset to default" option in it
c; have maybe a countdown or question when choosing this option, so that the user is able to cancel it before activation
aSab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:41 PM   #9597
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In case you didn't know .. the V3 is now on ROAR's approved ESC webpage .. but I believe the blinking light is red, not green, might want them to correct that (http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737)

Hobbywing

XERUN V3

Xerun 120A SD V3 Brushless ESC

V1.1_120511_beta

ESC must use Profile #2 which will have a green blinking LED the Power Button.
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #9598
Tech Master

Just wanted to give a huge thank you to cobraracing!! You were super helpful in setting up the software with all the problems i had! Very quick on responses everytime, and extremly knowledgeable and helpful. If anyone does not know his customer service skills are very very good, I would sugguest his services and the hobbywing services as a whole to anybody

Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #9599
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Hi guys,

I do have a new question for experts:
I used to run on Team Orion motors, and I always left the timing at 0 on the motor with my 2.1.. I bought a V3 and also a new LRP X20 (also at 10.5), just for testing. I was very surprised to see that the motor came with a default timing of 27.5. I try to put same settings in the V3 I had in the V2.1 and there, bad surprise, thermal cut-off after 120 sec. !

I decided to ask some questions around me about these 27.5 and I got an information about the fact that all sensored brushless motors come with 30 of timing, due to the position of the sensor, and that most of brands just base their scale on this point...

Have you already heard of that?

Since that, I've put directly 30 timing in my X20 and it seems to work better than with 27.5... My opinion is that I have set the timing to "standard 0" when i put 30 timing on the LRP...

I'm quite confused about that, could somebody help me?

Thanks...
All motors from end bell adjustment to fixed timing are based on about 25 degree to 28 degree out of the box even with the end bell at zero

As to fixed timing = a fixed degree not fixed at zero .

Motors with 100% zero timing would be duds and would take alot out of the esc meaning heat etc etc
Old 08-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #9600
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSab View Post
I must admit that I'm very happy with my Xerun ESC. I prefer it over my MMP many times.

If you allow, I'd have an idea for the next firmware of the 2in1 LCD programming box.

I know it's my fault, but I've already did use several times the "Reset to default" on the LCD box just because I didn't pay attention. I assume, that I ain't the only unlucky one to do so.

Now if someone doesn't remember, what settings he/she had in that profile that just got erased and he/she doesn't have a pc with the previuosly saved profile on site, that can be painful.

My suggestion would be, to either:
a; I don't know, if there is any unused ROM on the ESC/LCD box left. If there is some, then maybe rewrite the function of the "reset to default" option to make it rather reload the last setup that was stored on the ESC using a PC (meaning you wouldn't erase the whole profile at the track, but only lose the changes you've made to that profile on that specific day/since you last fiddled with it on your PC)
b; or simply allow the user to choose when uploading the firmware of the LCD box firmware, whether he/she wants to have the "Reset to default" option in it
c; have maybe a countdown or question when choosing this option, so that the user is able to cancel it before activation
c is a really good idea .