R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #9541
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Reversed battery connections

Remove the capacitor and try again briefly. Capacitors will be damaged with reverse polarity and they might be the problem. If this doesn't work you will need to have it repaired/replaced I would think
Old 07-26-2012, 02:12 AM   #9542
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Welcome to our forum

No the 150 amp will not be able to run turbo/stock .The stock/turbo software at the moment is only for 1/10th scale racing and we have no plans at the moment from some testing that we have completed to implement the stock/turbo software for the 150 amp and the reason is because of the high frequency noise from the motors which interfer with the sensor port so you will have issues of constant esc switching to sensorless mode constantly .
hi, thanks for your answer, can i ask to you if you can help me with a setup for my 1/8 rally game car? i try to find a good combination but anything for the moment.
puma303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #9543
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrewer View Post
Lol yes, Sparked as soon as i pugged it in the wrong way might have been plugged in wrong for a sec or 2 thats it.
sometines it might just be the cap board but from your symptoms you have damaged the power board of the esc and some components on the control card.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #9544
Tech Elite

Congratulations to Andy moore , crc and hobbywing the team on their podium finish at the ifmar 1/12th scale world titles.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #9545
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

need your help folks.

my Xerun 120A 2.1 will kick in the turbo always at the given 6000rpm regardless if I've given full throttle or not, even though the USB Link software says it would come alive only if my throttle is fully open. it has the V3.0_110930STOCK fw on it.

did I miss something here? if I wanted the turbo to kick in only if I've really given full throttle, should I set the start RPM at a much higher (irrealistic) value? another solution?
aSab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #9546
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSab View Post
need your help folks.

my Xerun 120A 2.1 will kick in the turbo always at the given 6000rpm regardless if I've given full throttle or not, even though the USB Link software says it would come alive only if my throttle is fully open. it has the V3.0_110930STOCK fw on it.

did I miss something here? if I wanted the turbo to kick in only if I've really given full throttle, should I set the start RPM at a much higher (irrealistic) value? another solution?
Im sure thats your boost coming in at 6000rpm not your turbo .Your turbo does cut in at full throttle but controlled by your turbo slope and turbo delay .

what is your delay on i would suggest 0.2-0.3secs .
Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #9547
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

I would like you guys to give me some feedback on dealers and distributors that you have dealt with the hobbywing products .

Positives and negatives .Time taken for email responses etc etc

please share your experience with us as i want to clean up the network of distribution worldwide as i plan on being the best in customer service but not the biggest .

thanks for your time
Old 07-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #9548
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma303 View Post
hi, thanks for your answer, can i ask to you if you can help me with a setup for my 1/8 rally game car? i try to find a good combination but anything for the moment.
running mode -forward with brake

drag brake force -5%

low voltage cut off -3.2v

start mode(punch ) level 6

max brake force -75%

max reverse force-0%

Initial brake force -drag brake force

Neutral range -9%

Timing -18.75

overheat protection enabled

motor rotation -counter clockwise

lipo cells-Auto calculate

recommend a 4 cell pack

2200kv or higher motor rating for rally and buggy 13T or 14T pinion
Old 07-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #9549
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Im sure thats your boost coming in at 6000rpm not your turbo .Your turbo does cut in at full throttle but controlled by your turbo slope and turbo delay .

what is your delay on i would suggest 0.2-0.3secs .
ok now I got it, I didn't read the additional instructions carefully enough, my bad.

(I thought that the turbo would kick in at 6000rpm if the throttle is also fully open, but now I get the picture)

nevertheless, I still can't see the turbo effect on my SC10, obviously I'll have to experiment further and remove any user errors.
aSab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 AM   #9550
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys..

After a 6 months lay off I am starting to race again and have a few questions.

1.) I see there is a new USB Link software out - V3.1
I assume it was mainly to support the new Ver3 ESC,s.
Aside from the GUI change, are there any other changes to the ESC software when used on a XeRen 60A/120A Ver 2.1 that I need to know about or has that stayed the same from the previous version?

2.) With the new V3.1 USB Link software...
Which version do I need to download if I want to run my Xerun 60A V2.1 in blinky mode.

Thanks.
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #9551
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Hi guys..

Aside from the GUI change, are there any other changes to the ESC software when used on a XeRen 60A/120A Ver 2.1 that I need to know about or has that stayed the same from the previous version?

Which version do I need to download if I want to run my Xerun 60A V2.1 in blinky mode.

Thanks.
V3.1 usb link is best (only?) for the new V3 ESC

As your are using a ver 2.1 ESC, use the 1.64 usb link.
There can be problems if you use the 3.1 link with the 2.1 ESC's, like you cannot use the programmer to alter the settings on a 2.1 ESC.

As this seems to be a common occurence as people are asked whether to upgrade 1.64 link to 3.1. click yes then find the programmer will not speak to the ESC, after the upgrade, could the way to go back a step be put on here?

I have a member at the club I run and we cannot get the programmer to work with 120amp now the link has upgraded!
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #9552
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV View Post
Hi guys..

Thanks.
my advice for the 2.1v use usb link 1.64 not the 3.1v for now .I know it asks you do you want to upgrade to the 3.1v but i would click no .This were people get confused because of the v3 name as we have v3 for v3 speedo and v3 508 for 2.1v and thats were all the confusion occurs

The v3 uses a different mcu to the 2.1v so they will not talk to esc once you have upgraded to the v3 software on the 2 in program box to use on the 2.1v esc.

Go back delete the usb link 3.1 and load the 1.64 once again if you dont have it please let me know and i will email it to you .then upgrade your 2 in 1 programmer again thats should fix your issue

Last edited by COBRARACING; 07-30-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:16 AM   #9553
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
my advice for the 2.1v use usb link 1.64 not the 3.1v .I know it asks you do you want to upgrade to the 3.1v but i would click no .

The v3 uses a different mcu to the 2.1v so they will not talk to esc once you have upgraded to the v3 .

Go back delete the usb link 3.1 and load the 1.64 once again if you dont have it please let me know and i will email it to you .then upgrade your 2 in 1 programmer again thats should fix your issue
Thanks will do.

On second thoughts, yes please email the 1.64 software.
PM sent with my email addy.

And the 1.64 download will have the corrects software to run my Xerun 60A Ver 2.1 in blink mode?
SeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #9554
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi Guys

I would like you guys to give me some feedback on dealers and distributors that you have dealt with the hobbywing products .

Positives and negatives .Time taken for email responses etc etc

please share your experience with us as i want to clean up the network of distribution worldwide as i plan on being the best in customer service but not the biggest .

thanks for your time
Recently bought a V3 from CPD Racing in the UK, in stock, and colour choice!

The service was excellent and they have some helpfull info on their website about installing the esc and producing set-up sheets.

As a foot note, i'm so pleased with the build quality and performance of the V3 that I have also just bought a 1s speedo from CPD Racing, again, this was in stock and the same excellent service, not fitted it yet but hope to run it this coming weekend. CPD also advised and helped me with setting up the 1s speedo to run a 1s 3.7v cell, couldn't ask for more.

Keep up the good work Hobbywing, loving your products

Terry
terryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #9555
Tech Addict

I use 3.1 program on V2.1 and Xtreme, it work very well...

Inside the 3.1 program, to find the software V3_508_NO timing, is for the blinky mode (ROAR)

Last edited by AGNO; 07-30-2012 at 09:09 AM.
AGNO is offline   Reply With Quote