Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Like Tree5Likes

Old 06-19-2012, 04:22 AM   #9361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here's a video of the problem I'm having. I've tried every firmware available. Nothing works.
Yep, that's the hw-stutter. I'm hoping someone here posts a video of how it's suppose to work.
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:05 AM   #9362
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
+1
I think you need to look there.
Last time on the track somebody had the same problem, I gave him a new sensor cable, problem solved, by the looks, his sensor cable looked in perfect shape, but still it was broken....
If it isn't the sensor wire, please check if maybe a pin of the sensor connection is bend on the ESC....

Have you tried putting a boost firmware in?, and see if boost timing engages, because if not, it's definitely a sensor problem....
Like i said before, I've replaced every single part of any possible connection between the motor and the esc. Ive switched out motors, sensor boards, rotors, and sensor cables. Unless I'm just ridiculously unlucky, I don't believe I have 4 brand new dead sensor cables. I've tried all these things.

The problem is the esc at this point. This problem does not occur in any of my other cars. It's not the transmitter bc if it were, then all my other cars would be having problems. It also seems as if I am not the only one with this problem. There are others, such as mulepic, who is experiencing the same thing. You honestly can't tell me that hw programmed in a 1 second delay going to full throttle when no other esc company does that. This is not a feature; it's a flaw.
hyujmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #9363
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompactDisk View Post
Hey guys, I have been using a xerun 120a sensored motor and esc combo for awhile now and have just installed a belt drive to my chassis replacing the spur witch means i need to reverse
the motor direction but cant find it in the firmware updates.

Is this available or will I have to go un-sensored if I want to run the belt set up?
We have a firmware with " REV " followed the version number. That's the only choice for your speedo except those with motor CW and CCW parameter.

But it has no timing. Only keep you in sensored mode.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #9364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DirtyDog3375

Last edited by DirtyDog3375; 06-19-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: fixed...thanks.
DirtyDog3375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #9365
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompactDisk View Post
Hey guys, I have been using a xerun 120a sensored motor and esc combo for awhile now and have just installed a belt drive to my chassis replacing the spur witch means i need to reverse
the motor direction but cant find it in the firmware updates.

Is this available or will I have to go un-sensored if I want to run the belt set up?
The ccw and cw is only available on the xerun 80 amp,150 amp and some others software were you have the option to reverse the motor depending on were the motor is placed to the drive train on the buggy or truggy etc because manufacturers spread the weight around to find the best balance for those cars so many are different but on the 1/10th scale race cars they are always designed for motor placement in the same position being a belt drive system .

Because the 1/10th software runs turbo and boost by reversing the option of ccw and cw which is not available anyway causes mathematical errors within the software causing many errors within the turbo and timing features and thats the reason why Michael has never activated the option ccw-cw for the 1/0th sensored systems .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #9366
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizheng View Post
We have a firmware with " REV " followed the version number. That's the only choice for your speedo except those with motor CW and CCW parameter.

But it has no timing. Only keep you in sensored mode.
Cool thanks mate, so sensored mode will work with the REV firmware?

Whilst I was playing around with different firmwares and settings I seem to have stuffed up the program box

Just comes up with a row of white squares, I have been looking around for a fix but nothing has turned up.

Feel like a right fool, can anyone enlighten me as how to do a factory reset?
CompactDisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #9367
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
The problem is the esc at this point.
I tend to agree, but you can exchange everything, multiple times, but you can also use your brains, and do a test like I said.

Put a boost firmware in, and see if the motor starts revving higher then you are used too (it will already do so with just a few degrees of boost) then unplug the sensor wire and see what it does then, because then it should act as if it has 0 timing.

Then you know for sure the problem lies in the sensor circuit somewhere, and most likely on the ESC side.
So as I also already said, check the pins of the sensor connection on the ESC.

You can even put some pressure by pushing on the sensor cable with your finger on the ESC side, or hassle somewhat with the wire, while doing your test, and this should also give some result......
Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #9368
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
I tend to agree, but you can exchange everything, multiple times, but you can also use your brains, and do a test like I said.

Put a boost firmware in, and see if the motor starts revving higher then you are used too (it will already do so with just a few degrees of boost) then unplug the sensor wire and see what it does then, because then it should act as if it has 0 timing.

Then you know for sure the problem lies in the sensor circuit somewhere, and most likely on the ESC side.
So as I also already said, check the pins of the sensor connection on the ESC.

You can even put some pressure by pushing on the sensor cable with your finger on the ESC side, or hassle somewhat with the wire, while doing your test, and this should also give some result......
If you can read (or maybe use your brain), you'll notice that I put every single possible firmware on the esc with no results.

I've tried to apply pressure on the esc and the motor sensor connectors. Still nothing.

I'm not a noob at troubleshooting. I know how to isolate problems. I do it for a living. Don't insult my intelligence.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #9369
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375 View Post
Just tried to download 612 software. It seems to be missing part of the RAR file (cannot uncompress).

Thanks.
That's probably just your internets cutting out before the file can finish.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #9370
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm not a noob at troubleshooting. I know how to isolate problems. I do it for a living.
I'm sorry your right, but I see lots of people quit often say they tried "everything" but lots of time they just didn't...

I think it's time to contact HW support, and send in your ESC for repair.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #9371
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's a video of the problem I'm having. I've tried every firmware available. Nothing works.[/QUOTE]Set your end point past 100% in increments and see if it goes away....
SWEEP RACING
SMC
Darrin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #9372
gom
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by gom View Post
Hi guys, I know a lot of you have moved on to the new v3. But can some one clear this up for me about the old xerun 120A? I am thinking of buying a hobbywing xerun 120A (the old version) and I am looking at this combo here. It's a xerun 120A + program box + 4.5T motor.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-4-5t-3...-120a-lcd.html

In the description, it says the xerun 120A is a version 2.0 and not a 2.1. What is the difference? Is that just a firmware difference? or is there something else?

I am new to hobbywing esc and have heard good things about it. I know some of you guys are going to tell me to get a v3 instead. But I found it a bit too expansive at the moment. And I trusted that the old xerun 120A is still a solid performer. So I would really appreciate it if someone can clear this version 2.0 and 2.1 issue for me.

If the deal really comes with a v2.0, would I be missing out a lot of the programming functionality? Should there be anything I need to worry about? I really don't mind getting something older for a cheaper price. I just want to know what I am missing out on.
nvm. i think i found what i what looking for in the offroad hw forum....

Last edited by gom; 06-19-2012 at 09:55 AM.
gom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #9373
Tech Adept

This would be stupid, but, do you try to relink the receiver with your radio AFTER upgrade each firmware?
I hope this works!
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #9374
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by banquer View Post
This would be stupid, but, do you try to relink the receiver with your radio AFTER upgrade each firmware?
I hope this works!
I haven't tried that, no. I'll give it a shot tonight when I get home from work.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #9375
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The ccw and cw is only available on the xerun 80 amp,150 amp and some others software were you have the option to reverse the motor depending on were the motor is placed to the drive train on the buggy or truggy etc because manufacturers spread the weight around to find the best balance for those cars so many are different but on the 1/10th scale race cars they are always designed for motor placement in the same position being a belt drive system .

Because the 1/10th software runs turbo and boost by reversing the option of ccw and cw which is not available anyway causes mathematical errors within the software causing many errors within the turbo and timing features and thats the reason why Michael has never activated the option ccw-cw for the 1/0th sensored systems .
Thank you for clearing that up.

Guess un-sensored it is.

Any fix on how to reset the programing card?
CompactDisk is offline   Reply With Quote