R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 06-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #9256
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Where can I find an empty modifiable setup sheet?

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #9257
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Bump.

Any comment on the drag brake issue before I sell the V3 and start telling everybody it sucks?
Syndrome I am no pro but what I have tried is to set Turbo de acc to instant de acceleration and also set my TH trim like 2 clicks forward this seems to help. Done this many times when I have to much drag when I'm on driver stand and to lazy to stop and set it. Lol

This is with a 13.5t 3racing motor with loads of boost, I need to play around abit more could get it even better and I'm sure if its a problem HW will address it but so far I am loving this speedo.

Hope this helps.
charl mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #9258
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnick View Post
Where can I find an empty modifiable setup sheet?
It's build into the HobbyWing USB link software.

Press "file" and then "print settings", then it will geneater a PDF with the current settings in the USB link software.

Serpent S411 - Serpent.com/2-speed.de
Hobbywing Xerun V3 and Thunder Power Z3R motors - ToniSport
RasCalDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #9259
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Bump.

Any comment on the drag brake issue before I sell the V3 and start telling everybody it sucks?
Syn, where is it happening mainly? Coming off the throttle off the main straight, or everywhere? Boost or blinky (i'm being too lazy to read back through, long day )

Reason I ask is you can play with the turbo DEng setting to make it smoother, too quick can make it fell like it drops an anchor (IMO). Also, and I haven't had a chance to check this more recently, but on my early unit (pre-prod) there was an occasional issue that the volta protect was cutting in sometimes when I came off full throttle, dropped outta turbo, then punched it back... would stutter a bit on re-applying when the pack got later into a run.. since then, I never bother with the low volt cut-off, might be worth backing that setting down (or setting it to a manual value rather than auto).

One other thing... what size rotor are you running in the motor? that'll have a big effect on drag brake...
Could even be a transmitter setting issue (dodgy pot on the throttle... not impossible, as I had my Sanwa Super Exes have this issue once that played havoc with the throttle until I twigged what was happening).

Don't give up on it yet, sure we can sort you out...

Ed
Old 06-14-2012, 02:54 AM   #9260
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

Oh nice! Thank you

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #9261
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Syn, where is it happening mainly? Coming off the throttle off the main straight, or everywhere? Boost or blinky (i'm being too lazy to read back through, long day )

Reason I ask is you can play with the turbo DEng setting to make it smoother, too quick can make it fell like it drops an anchor (IMO). Also, and I haven't had a chance to check this more recently, but on my early unit (pre-prod) there was an occasional issue that the volta protect was cutting in sometimes when I came off full throttle, dropped outta turbo, then punched it back... would stutter a bit on re-applying when the pack got later into a run.. since then, I never bother with the low volt cut-off, might be worth backing that setting down (or setting it to a manual value rather than auto).

One other thing... what size rotor are you running in the motor? that'll have a big effect on drag brake...
Could even be a transmitter setting issue (dodgy pot on the throttle... not impossible, as I had my Sanwa Super Exes have this issue once that played havoc with the throttle until I twigged what was happening).

Ed
Running a 17.5t with 6diseng, it feels to have like 20% drag brake when I have 0, lipo cut is off, esc on 125 deg, motor cut off.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:41 AM   #9262
Tech Apprentice

After using the latest usb link software on my extreme stock esc, the for/brk/rev no longer has reverse using any fw, fwd/rev works, fwd/brk works, fwd/brk/rev works but only fwd/brk.

Any helpful ideas please?

Kev
ManxPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:53 AM   #9263
Tech Adept

As far as i know you should be using 1.64 for the extreme stock

I see 612 has been released , btw it would be nice if they included the database release date in the 'help/about' tab of the software,

can anyone comment on the fixes and or changes in 612 ?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #9264
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Apologies if this was asked prior... It seems the software download links on the Hobbywing site are inoperable... any info on this or a different link maybe?

Thanks in advance ...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:09 AM   #9265
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchroma24 View Post
Apologies if this was asked prior... It seems the software download links on the Hobbywing site are inoperable... any info on this or a different link maybe?

Thanks in advance ...

Check post 9246 on page 617 for links
Tony G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #9266
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post

Ed
Ed

I won't speak for syn, but I notice it every where are we are both running the esc in blinky. It applies load in a very weird way and slows the car down but it does not feel very linear. Even with very little drag brake the car seems to slow down too much. It is not a setting or compnent outside the V3. It is some setting or design within the V3 itself. The V3 is a very nice speed control, but if it feels like this by design I will get rid of it. I have hit more stuff since I have had the V3 in my car then I have in the last few years and that seriously concerns me.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #9267
Tech Addict

I am using the V3 blinky mode touring class 13.5, but I have not noticed any problem with drag brake, the drag brake control is much better and more accurate than the Xtreme and V2, also the power of brake of V3 is great also on blinky mode.

Using Speedpassion, Hobbywing e GM motors, with this motors any problem of drag brake.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:59 AM   #9268
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGNO View Post
I am using the V3 blinky mode touring class 13.5, but I have not noticed any problem with drag brake, the drag brake control is much better and more accurate than the Xtreme and V2, also the power of brake of V3 is great also on blinky mode.

Using Speedpassion, Hobbywing e GM motors, with this motors any problem of drag brake.
What version of the software are you running on the speedo?
Old 06-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #9269
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah, "blinky" mode in sedan. With a Hacker and Thunder Power 13.5, both slow down too much everywhere even with zero drag brake and make the car get on the nose. It's a very unnatural feel.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #9270
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxPlumber View Post
After using the latest usb link software on my extreme stock esc, the for/brk/rev no longer has reverse using any fw, fwd/rev works, fwd/brk works, fwd/brk/rev works but only fwd/brk.

Any helpful ideas please?

Kev
Possibly recalibrate the fwd/rev/brake settings on the esc? That happened to me when I didn't have it programmed correctly.
hyujmn is offline   Reply With Quote