R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #9121
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
i read somewhere in one of your posts you had an issue..then you added a cap board which didnt fix that said issue.....so did you use it before you installed the caps????? if so you might have damaged it without even knowing????
i tried it without a cap board with a 2 cell,then with a cap board then it worked in the yard fine but that was for less than 1 min. went to the track and had 10 full charged lipos and it worked for about 1 min on each one,went to the track yesterday told others about the problem put it back in the truck no one could figure it out some have over 20 yrs exp on rc racing,so i put a 3 cell in some one had went about 1 min.same thing so esc is no good has a issue no one wants to believe i have had zero support from hobbywing and hobbypartz.com where i purchased it ...
do you see how cobra racing is avoiding the issue he knows i got a bad esc...
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Fast410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #9122
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideMasteR View Post
Of you say you cant access the ESC from the LCD program box, have you checked if the software one the LCD is up to date ?

If you cut your finger off with a hand saw because you did something wrong or didn't use it properly it is not the saw's fault ..................

Make sure you have exhausted all possibilities before you start slamming a great product, there are many knowledgeable people here, describe in detail what its doing or not doing ? and lets see what I/we can help you with
i did all possibilities thats why im on here no results and i can use a saw just fine,that has nothing to do with a esc that does not work or cumunicate with the lcd box with a pc ,it works with the box to esc but will not work with the pc threw the lcd box to the esc for better tunning,You have to read and understand what i wrote before you slam me also!!!!!!!!!!
why does the lcd box have one verision of software ,the esc has another and the pc software is another?????
my viper stuff is all the same......
this stuff is all mismatched....
if this stuff is so good why no one can fix it at the track,i race at a very big track lesiure hours raceway in joliet IL.
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #9123
Tech Fanatic

the bottom line is this the esc is bad and no one will support it from hobbywing or hobbypartz.com not one email back or tech answer....
so my exp. with them is the worst i have ever had ....
If you went threw what i have and no tech support you would be pissed off tooo,so stop the B.S. and read the facts i tried all before i brought the issue here....
Old 06-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #9124
Tech Initiate

hi all just getting back into rc
have got stock extreme in profile 119
the track i race at is approx 25m x 15 m they run 20 metre straight which then sweeps round about 10metres then technical in field
im after some advise & your opinons

geared 39/111 417x fdr 5.52 hobby wing 13.5t blue
mode 0
1 for/brake
2 drag brake 0%
3 3.0v
4 drrs 9
5 brake force 50%
6 reverse force 100%
7 initail brake 0%
8 neutral 6%
9 boost timing 40
10 turbo slope fastest
11 overheat enabled
12 turbo timing 40
13 start rpm 5000
14 turbo delay 0.3 secs
15 timing acc 400
she sounds sweet what do u experts think
look forward to your replys

Last edited by dean-oz; 06-03-2012 at 11:15 AM.
dean-oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #9125
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean-oz View Post
hi all just getting back into rc
have got stock extreme in profile 119
the track i race at is approx 25m x 15 m they run 20 metre straight which then sweeps round about 10metres then technical in field
im after some advise & your opinons

geared 39/111 417x fdr 5.52
mode 0
1 for/brake
2 drag brake 0%
3 3.0v
4 drrs 9
5 brake force 50%
6 reverse force 100%
7 initail brake 0%
8 neutral 6%
9 boost timing 40
10 turbo slope fastest
11 overheat enabled
12 turbo timing 40
13 start rpm 5000
14 turbo delay 0.3 secs
15 timing acc 400
she sounds sweet what do u experts think
look forward to your replys
which engine do you use?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #9126
Tech Initiate

hobby wing blue 13.5
dean-oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #9127
Tech Adept

Look's like R/C Mart have fake 120a esc for sale
http://www.rcmart.com/hobbywing-xeru...s-p-28598.html
the wires do not look right + It has 4 black caps not two.
big paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #9128
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
maybe it needs 4 for the big draw like all these guys are telling me about this stuff,if it is the best esc in china or japan like the sites claim i hate to see the worst or mid grade.....
Old 06-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #9129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast410 View Post
maybe it needs 4 for the big draw like all these guys are telling me about this stuff,if it is the best esc in china or japan like the sites claim i hate to see the worst or mid grade.....
You dont seem to understand from my posts or my emails .The 150 amp esc needs massive power to run the high kv low wind motors you are running you get what im saying ? The 150 amp xerun is made for monster trucks,truggies and 1/5th scale rc cars not for sct's .Run a higher turn motor and you will see your problems will dissapear .The venom 2 cell pack no disrespect to then just doesnt have the discharge current you need to run those motors .

Have you tried two packs in as a 14.8v to see if your so called delay is gone im sure you wll see it will dissapear .You said you get this issue after sometime of running i think you said 2 minutes well do you know your battery packs voltage drop is it steep or it it linear ?if its steep then yes you will get the delay as the esc will lose it's punch as the current is lower than what it was because of the voltage drop .Low voltage low current less punch /torque and thats when you issues start as the esc and motor are demanding at that period of time the current and the battery just cannot produce it you understand now ?You need to understand that if it is happening after 1-2 mins it is not your esc it is your power source

I dont know anyone that runs a normal 2 cell on the 150 amp setup with so low turn motors as what your running .yes it can run it but not so high kv rated motors that your running .

If it was made for sct's we would have not manufactured the sct pro .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 06-03-2012 at 06:01 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #9130
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by big paul View Post
It's a geniune product just an older version of the 2.1v different mosfets etc.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 06-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #9131
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
You dont seem to understand from my posts or my emails .The 150 amp esc needs massive power to run the high kv low wind motors you are running you get what im saying ? The 150 amp xerun is made for monster trucks,truggies and 1/5th scale rc cars not for sct's .Run a higher turn motor and you will see your problems will dissapear .The venom 2 cell pack no disrespect to then just doesnt have the discharge current you need to run those motors .

Have you tried two packs in as a 14.8v to see if your so called delay is gone im sure you wll see it will dissapear .You said you get this issue after sometime of running i think you said 2 minutes well do you know your battery packs voltage drop is it steep or it it linear ?if its steep then yes you will get the delay as the esc will lose it's punch as the current is lower than what it was because of the voltage drop .Low voltage low current less punch /torque and thats when you issues start as the esc and motor are demanding at that period of time the current and the battery just cannot produce it you understand now ?You need to understand that if it is happening after 1-2 mins it is not your esc it is your power source

I dont know anyone that runs a normal 2 cell on the 150 amp setup with so low turn motors as what your running .yes it can run it but not so high kv rated motors that your running .

I agree with what you are saying...but doesnt it say on the box suitable for SCT?..I could be wrong

SERPENT F110/TEAMPOWERS 21.5.

LOSI 22 2.0/TEAM POWERS 8.5
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #9132
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post

I gues you dont get what im saying either ,tried a 3-cell and still have the same problem,dont walk me in circles ,so i have tried up to 60c batteries others had at the track still same problem why is your head so thick to under stand my issue it does not work with the 2 cell like it says in the discription weather it is in a 1/12th scale or a 1/5 scale it does not work on 2 cell so why does it say 2 cell and why does it have a 2 cell selection????
that software on the pc does not no what battery is hooked up why does that not work??? seems that has no answer ,and the one motor i tried is a 540 8.5 turn come on man stop the B.S. and admitt the thing has a issue ,if the 3 cell will not work either and the lcd will not hook up with the pc also,when was that stuff made ??before big c rating batteries were out by the software dates, so how can you tell me it needs bigger c ratting on a 2 cell setting??? what is the 2 cell setting for then if it is for 1/8th and 1/5th scale motors that cant run on 2 cell??? answer me that big boy???
the tekin rx8 is for 1/8 scale motors and it seems to work on 2 cell low turn motors fine and it puts alot of power threw it and no problems

what about the support from hobbywing none no replies on my problem but they sure took my money in a hurry,
venom is not my only brand of packs i use that is what my son uses i use orion and max amps when i race are they no good also??

Last edited by Fast410; 06-03-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #9133
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcnz View Post
I agree with what you are saying...but doesnt it say on the box suitable for SCT?..I could be wrong
No its doesnt say anything on the box that its suitable for sct .
Old 06-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #9134
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast410 View Post
I gues you dont get what im saying either ,tried a 3-cell and still have the same problem,dont walk me in circles ,so i have tried up to 60c batteries others had at the track still same problem why is your head so thick to under stand my issue it does not work with the 2 cell like it says in the discription weather it is in a 1/12th scale or a 1/5 scale it does not work on 2 cell so why does it say 2 cell and why does it have a 2 cell selection????
that software on the pc does not no what battery is hooked up why does that not work??? seems that has no answer ,and the one motor i tried is a 540 8.5 turn come on man stop the B.S. and admitt the thing has a issue ,if the 3 cell will not work either and the lcd will not hook up with the pc also,when was that stuff made ??before big c rating batteries were out by the software dates, so how can you tell me it needs bigger c ratting on a 2 cell setting??? what is the 2 cell setting for then if it is for 1/8th and 1/5th scale motors that cant run on 2 cell??? answer me that big boy???
the tekin rx8 is for 1/8 scale motors and it seems to work on 2 cell low turn motors fine and it puts alot of power threw it and no problems

what about the support from hobbywing none no replies on my problem but they sure took my money in a hurry,
venom is not my only brand of packs i use that is what my son uses i use orion and max amps when i race are they no good also??
Did you buy it from Hobbypartz.com ? Then you need to send it back to them for a refund or replacement .
Old 06-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #9135
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Fabricio Send a message via Skype™ to Fabricio

After a long time without changing my esc setup (Xtreme Stock) pluged the pc on the esc and it asked for a upgrade, I allowed it to go for it, the HW interface.
What happens is that now I have 2 interfaces on my netbook, can I use the new for the Xtreme stock or do I keep using the old one (1.64)?