R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 06-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #9106
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
read the instruction manual on the recommendations of running high powered motors through an esc that size .

Your motors are 1/8th scale motors as you mentioned with huge amount of torque ,torque needs punch ,punch comes from high discharge battery packs for use of very high kv rated motors run a lower kv rating motor and the esc will work fine with a 2 cell venom 40c pack as you mentioned through your email .But the 5.5T high kv motors through the 150 amp esc you will face issues as you need lots of battery power and high discharge for it to work as you expect as i told you through email .

when running an sct truck as you mentioned you should have bought a sct pro then you would have no issues with your 2 cell .

please take the time and read the instruction manual it states all the recommendations for running high powered motors.
1st of all not 1/8 scale motors
2nd 550 motor and a 540 motor i tried,
3rd i have explained to cobra racing threw email about the problems to you other guys im not ignoring you ok i was going threw emails ..
4th the software does not connect like i told cobra racing
5th i sent him 2 emails and no response for 2 days then i come on rc tech ans see he is trying to make me look like a dummy
6th when i looked at this esc it says it will work with 2 -6 cell lipo so what would you assume ,the same as me i have a 2 cell sc truck that runs a 2 cell lipo and it states on the product discription it works with a 2 cell so i bought it.......
7th how do you buy stuff with the discription in the add correct?
never had problems with all name brand stuff tekin .orion viper novak all the stuff i had used before...
8th hobbywing support never has answered one tech Q.
9th so what you are saying cobra racing i should have found the instructions first and read them before i bought this????
9th 2-cell means 2-cell to me the setting on the esc says 2 cell the current limit should be set for that correct...
10.I build real race cars the car in my avatar is a car that i race and built complete and if i bought parts for that like hobbywing described parts i would have a blown up motor for sure,
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Fast410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #9107
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDunky View Post
What are you after? A Hobbywing engineer to turn up and show you what your doing wrong? Posting negative info in this forum will get you know where! We have all used Hobbywing customer services and had great back up from Angelo!

Hobbywing all the way!!!
im posting negative post because i have tried the costomer tech support and nothing for a week ,no the facts before you post stupid sh@t!!!!
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 AM   #9108
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
After reading some of your earlier posts I think we need some more info. Most of the time in a delayed/ stutter start is either cogging this is where the sensorless motor is having a hard time figure out the position of the rotor. Or the batteries that you are using are too weak to start the motor. I actually went to look on the HW site to see if I could figure out how to turn the start power down on the 150A controller.
Change your punch setting to 1 and the timing to 0*. You say you have already tried to setting the ESC to the correct number of cells. But from the sounds of it your system is too much for the batteries that you are trying to use. What radio are you using. I know that other ESC's don't like the spektrum receivers much.
changed punch level even set the throttle to 50% on my 4pks and still same thing...i have been doing this for a while and tried all i know and others at the track we all say the same thing junk...
i have tried a trinity5.5 turn sensored motor 550 size no timming,i tried a cassle 540 size sensorless motor same thing plus software on pc will not connect to the lcd like i told cobra racing in a email.....
Old 06-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #9109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

i read somewhere in one of your posts you had an issue..then you added a cap board which didnt fix that said issue.....so did you use it before you installed the caps????? if so you might have damaged it without even knowing????

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #9110
Tech Adept

Of you say you cant access the ESC from the LCD program box, have you checked if the software one the LCD is up to date ?

If you cut your finger off with a hand saw because you did something wrong or didn't use it properly it is not the saw's fault ..................

Make sure you have exhausted all possibilities before you start slamming a great product, there are many knowledgeable people here, describe in detail what its doing or not doing ? and lets see what I/we can help you with
Old 06-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #9111
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lets try this one more time... Can anyone tell me if the 1/8 motor leads can be cut or are they part of the wind or timing?
SWEEP RACING
SMC
Darrin70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #9112
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
Lets try this one more time... Can anyone tell me if the 1/8 motor leads can be cut or are they part of the wind or timing?
Not quite sure what you mean, but if you mean the leads from the ESC (ABC connections) to the motor (ABC connections), normally coloured orange, blue & yellow then yes they can be cut and shortened or replace with longer wires.

The wind is the coiled wire inside the motor on the stator (can) the timing is related to the position of the sensor board to the wind.
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #9113
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
They are not part of the wind but part of the design you can cut them it will not affect the motor or the performance but thats your own doing .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 06-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #9114
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
A little help needed, I made a mistake, when I pluged my programe box into my laptop it came up with a message to upgrade to the new V3 software, now my box will not work with my esc, how do I roll back to 1.64 to get it to work again.

thanks guys

Tony
I had the exact same problem, upgraded to the latest firmware on both the ESC and 2 n 1 box, then when I plugged the 2 n 1 box directly into the ESC it would say to 'please upgrade software'. After pulling my hair out a few times, upgrading and downgrading the ESC firmware ... I then downgraded the version of the 2 in 1 box and now it all works, even with the latest version of ESC firmware..... very strange.

Running the XERUN-120A-1S-SD
Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #9115
Tech Apprentice

I'm using xerun 2.1 with 930stock and lcd box software v1.08_111007
Can i upgrade my lcd program box software to v1.08_120504 or v1.11_120331_v3 to work with my xerun?
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #9116
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
I'm using xerun 2.1 with 930stock and lcd box software v1.08_111007
Can i upgrade my lcd program box software to v1.08_120504 or v1.11_120331_v3 to work with my xerun?
The 2.1 will not work with the v3 software .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #9117
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingpro View Post
I had the exact same problem, upgraded to the latest firmware on both the ESC and 2 n 1 box, then when I plugged the 2 n 1 box directly into the ESC it would say to 'please upgrade software'. After pulling my hair out a few times, upgrading and downgrading the ESC firmware ... I then downgraded the version of the 2 in 1 box and now it all works, even with the latest version of ESC firmware..... very strange.

Running the XERUN-120A-1S-SD
It will work as your only upgrading or downgrading the lcd box not the usb link which holds the database so the latest software on your esc will work with you making the changes on the lcd box or even downgrading it as your only updating the lcd programmer not the link that holds all the software.But downgrade the link and it will not work .
Old 06-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #9118
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
It will work as your only upgrading or downgrading the lcd box not the usb link which holds the database so the latest software on your esc will work with you making the changes on the lcd box or even downgrading it as your only updating the lcd programmer not the link that holds all the software.But downgrade the link and it will not work .
Why does Firmware version v1.11_120331_V3 say to 'please upgrade your software' , and the older version v1.08_120504 is fine, and I'm able to adjust settings directly on the ESC with the 2 n 1.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #9119
Tech Rookie

Error
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:50 AM   #9120
Tech Rookie

Please, Someone could answer my questions? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysyracing View Post
Hello, I have two questions about the data record of the ESC V3.
Which is the temperature measurement point of the ESC?
Which is the recommended maximum temperature of the ESC?

Best regards,
JoseLu
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote