R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #9091
Tech Apprentice

Hi I just testet the new V3 esc last weekend, and it is awesome! Really smooth and some very good linear brakes.
I just have some questions:

When I come in after a run, i can't turn off the esc... Only after half a minute or so. Is this a safety feature to cool down the esc before it is turned off?

And when I read out the max temperature with the LCD box, is it the absolut max on the esc ever or only the last run? (I got the same reading 3 times in a row an then one higher, seems unlikely)

But did not have any problems with the program, or the lag of brake strength. Really happy with the V3!

Serpent S411 - Serpent.com/2-speed.de
Hobbywing Xerun V3 and Thunder Power Z3R motors - ToniSport
RasCalDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #9092
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
I remember reading that the 150a Hobbywings don't really like running on 2s, even though it's 2s capable. Somebody said to add a BEC to the 150a when running 2s lipos.

That's one of the reasons I just went with the 120a. More than enough power.
went to the track in wisconsin trackside and the hobbywing 150A started acting up i thought when i added the caps it would be fine but after 2 minutes on the track same problem i had before,added bec and no diffrence changed from a sensored motor to a castle not sencered same problem,this says it works with a 2 cell and if it does not then the instructions are false and the add online is also,I sent many messages to hobbywing zero response... no tech support at all, im starting to get a little pissed
I see the hobbywing guy on here answer everybody else"s problems or if a new product is out where are they when you spend hard erned money when their stuff fails out of the box new with zero support....
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Fast410 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #9093
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast410 View Post
went to the track in wisconsin trackside and the hobbywing 150A started acting up i thought when i added the caps it would be fine but after 2 minutes on the track same problem i had before,added bec and no diffrence changed from a sensored motor to a castle not sencered same problem,this says it works with a 2 cell and if it does not then the instructions are false and the add online is also,I sent many messages to hobbywing zero response... no tech support at all, im starting to get a little pissed
I see the hobbywing guy on here answer everybody else"s problems or if a new product is out where are they when you spend hard erned money when their stuff fails out of the box new with zero support....
Not good that you are having these issues but you never contact me not once .The esc can run a 2 cell lipo only depending what kv motor you are running more kv more battery power it will need ,what brand etc high kv rating 4 cell is recommended also depends what your running it in truggy ,buggy ,1/5th scale etc .To run a two cell like i said will work but a low kv rated motor is all you can run going higher more powerful motors you need more cells to run higher c rating to also handle the punch level you have set .Please read the instruction manual it is under recommendations

What battery are you using i know it is a two cell but what brand ,what motor kv rating etc .list all your settings or send me an email at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and we can go from there no info makes it hard for me to help you .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 05-30-2012 at 10:18 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:26 AM   #9094
Tech Rookie

A little help needed, I made a mistake, when I pluged my programe box into my laptop it came up with a message to upgrade to the new V3 software, now my box will not work with my esc, how do I roll back to 1.64 to get it to work again.

thanks guys

Tony

Last edited by Tony G; 05-31-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Tony G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #9095
Tech Rookie

Hello, I have two questions about the data record of the ESC V3.
Which is the temperature measurement point of the ESC?
Which is the recommended maximum temperature of the ESC?

Best regards,
JoseLu
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:43 AM   #9096
Tech Rookie

Repeated.

Last edited by ysyracing; 06-01-2012 at 05:08 AM.
ysyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #9097
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

still no real support on the hobbywing products so i will start a new thread about the false specs it says it is and how it does not work correctly to alert other buyers .......
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Fast410 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #9098
Tech Regular

Quote:
still no real support on the hobbywing products so i will start a new thread about the false specs it says it is and how it does not work correctly to alert other buyers .......
Post what you are using like you have been asked, then you will get the support.

What is the point of posting then ignoring the responses you get?

If you want help READ THE REPLIES
Barry_Hughes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #9099
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I love hobbywing products and support no problems here
Old 06-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #9100
Tech Adept

Quote:
What are you after? A Hobbywing engineer to turn up and show you what your doing wrong? Posting negative info in this forum will get you know where! We have all used Hobbywing customer services and had great back up from Angelo!

Hobbywing all the way!!!
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:51 PM   #9101
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
After reading some of your earlier posts I think we need some more info. Most of the time in a delayed/ stutter start is either cogging this is where the sensorless motor is having a hard time figure out the position of the rotor. Or the batteries that you are using are too weak to start the motor. I actually went to look on the HW site to see if I could figure out how to turn the start power down on the 150A controller.
Change your punch setting to 1 and the timing to 0*. You say you have already tried to setting the ESC to the correct number of cells. But from the sounds of it your system is too much for the batteries that you are trying to use. What radio are you using. I know that other ESC's don't like the spektrum receivers much.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #9102
Tech Elite

Quote:
read the instruction manual on the recommendations of running high powered motors through an esc that size .

Your motors are 1/8th scale motors as you mentioned with huge amount of torque ,torque needs punch ,punch comes from high discharge battery packs for use of very high kv rated motors run a lower kv rating motor and the esc will work fine with a 2 cell venom 40c pack as you mentioned through your email .But the 5.5T high kv motors through the 150 amp esc you will face issues as you need lots of battery power and high discharge for it to work as you expect as i told you through email .

when running an sct truck as you mentioned you should have bought a sct pro then you would have no issues with your 2 cell .

please take the time and read the instruction manual it states all the recommendations for running high powered motors.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #9103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

+1 for HOBBWWING and their support (especially angelo).....i have tried the rest......but have decided to come back to the best!!!!!!!

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 AM   #9104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:
what a PITA........
Old 06-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #9105
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCalDK View Post
Hi I just testet the new V3 esc last weekend, and it is awesome! Really smooth and some very good linear brakes.
I just have some questions:

When I come in after a run, i can't turn off the esc... Only after half a minute or so. Is this a safety feature to cool down the esc before it is turned off?

And when I read out the max temperature with the LCD box, is it the absolut max on the esc ever or only the last run? (I got the same reading 3 times in a row an then one higher, seems unlikely)

But did not have any problems with the program, or the lag of brake strength. Really happy with the V3!
Dear Cobra, any info about this?

Thanks!
Sanwa M12 - RX-471
http://www.agaerc.com/
banquer is offline   Reply With Quote