R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #9061
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stregone View Post
Add a cap bank to the battery leads. Worked for me.
what is that?
and also the software for the pc will not link up cant use it at all..
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Fast410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #9062
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast410 View Post
what is that?
and also the software for the pc will not link up cant use it at all..
http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=267

Do you have the esc connected to a battery and turned on?
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #9063
Tech Fanatic

yes
ASSOCIATED B5m-revtech, ASSOCIATED B5M- trinity D3.5, mugen mbx7r echo tekin 1900kv powered,mugen mbx7r echo 2100kv reedy powered,,serpent s411,futaba 4pks-r, futaba 4pks...GRUDGE INC. GRUDGE RACING $$ PROMOD KUSTOMZ real race car fabrication and custom painting -airbrushing CHICAGO WISEGUYS RACE CIRCUT-1/4 mile Door Slammers @ 200mph plus
Old 05-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #9064
Tech Fanatic

the screen pops up on the pc just will not open any selection menu to change settings
Old 05-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #9065
Tech Regular

Quote:
the screen pops up on the pc just will not open any selection menu to change settings
Make sure you have the esc plugged into the usb box the right way. S is white, + is red, - is black.
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #9066
Tech Adept

Got my v3... Yay
All set up and working.
Are the 10.5 settings reasonably safe for running a x12?
TEAM DRIVER FOR MMR FLUX
millbank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:44 PM   #9067
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
i just bought a hobby wing xerun 150a esc and it wont run on a two cell lipo, it runs perfect on a three cell but once its on 2 cell it has delayed throttle and steers on its own and yes i set two cell program on esc when i ran it. i have sent customer support emails and no awnser. its hooked up with a castle 1410 4 pole motor in a losi ten-scte
I remember reading that the 150a Hobbywings don't really like running on 2s, even though it's 2s capable. Somebody said to add a BEC to the 150a when running 2s lipos.

That's one of the reasons I just went with the 120a. More than enough power.
hyujmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #9068
Tech Adept

Got my V3 install ready for the weekend and the unit looks awesome. I must say the settings are very different to previous software so will take some time to get used too.
I did encounter 2 problems, after a couple of runs the x2 power cap exploded! I was surprised that a x2 come with the speedo but replaced with a x4 and all seems ok and no more explosions. The second which it actually more annoying is the PC software. I keep finding it wont see the speedo when connected. It is as if the USB connection to the LCD box gets lost after you disconnect the ESC? Has anyone else seen this bug?

Other than that I love it! as everyone says very smooth.
FunkyDunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #9069
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyDunky View Post
Got my V3 install ready for the weekend and the unit looks awesome. I must say the settings are very different to previous software so will take some time to get used too.
I did encounter 2 problems, after a couple of runs the x2 power cap exploded! I was surprised that a x2 come with the speedo but replaced with a x4 and all seems ok and no more explosions. The second which it actually more annoying is the PC software. I keep finding it wont see the speedo when connected. It is as if the USB connection to the LCD box gets lost after you disconnect the ESC? Has anyone else seen this bug?

Hmmmmm!
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:57 AM   #9070
Tech Addict

Quote:

Is that Duncan ? If so, send the cap back to me mate, and I'll get you another one out !
Old 05-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #9071
Tech Apprentice

Default No Brakes with V3

Hi,

just got my HobbyWing V3 esc and trying this new TP 13.5 motor but i seem to have very little brakes. Anyone else had this problem ? i'm running fdr approx 5.9 on a tarmac outdoor track which has a 50m straight.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #9072
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle View Post
Hi,

just got my HobbyWing V3 esc and trying this new TP 13.5 motor but i seem to have very little brakes. Anyone else had this problem ? i'm running fdr approx 5.9 on a tarmac outdoor track which has a 50m straight.
Set your Epa to 80 and program Esc after it is programmed set it to 100 it worked for me lots of brake when needed
Old 05-28-2012, 04:00 PM   #9073
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdoogle View Post
Hi,

also check the programming of the esc. One of the items that you can change is the amount of brake. Make sure it is set to 100%. I think the default is less than that, somewhere around 80%.
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #9074
Tech Elite

Quote:

The only issue the usb link software had was the main page not responding that issue now has been fixed with v3.1

Wont see the esc that can be your usb from your pc.

for the cap to explode means your esc's average voltage is not matched or closely matched to your battery voltage thus causing massive amounts of ripple current causing heat within the cap and boom .I recommend for the lower turn motors to run the 4 cap board because many motors on the market mightproduce a larger than expected ripply current .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:04 PM   #9075
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyujmn View Post
I remember reading that the 150a Hobbywings don't really like running on 2s, even though it's 2s capable. Somebody said to add a BEC to the 150a when running 2s lipos.

That's one of the reasons I just went with the 120a. More than enough power.

A 2 cell just doesnt have enough power to run the 150 amp esc with its bec as it is made for 1/8th off road applications for high torque punch thats why we supply two battery inputs you either run 2 x 2 cell packs or 4 cell pack or if you want to run a 2 cell which i personally think is a waste of time run an external bec powered seperately with an rx pack

80 amp version has no problem with a 2 cell.

Think about it your trying to power and run a large rc car especially a truggy with a 2 cell pack just not enough grunt .
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China

Last edited by COBRARACING; 05-28-2012 at 07:32 PM.
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote