R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 05-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #8941
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta04evah View Post
+1 The label on my Xtreme stock literally fell off after I picked up and handled it out of the box, I was able to check on the Hobbywing web site to verify that it was a genuine esc though.

Cheers
Rob.
as long as you have the original purchase receipt i cannot see there being a problem
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:58 AM   #8942
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade072 View Post
+1 to that....i know you have helped me out of a pickle on more than a couple of occasions angelo....
thats why i keep coming back....
Hey David,

If HW help you out so much you could at least include them in your signature
Old 05-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #8943
Tech Addict

on Stock now in Europe too

cool ESC

3Racing-Ride-BRP-Team Orion-XRAY-HUDY-Serpent-Kyosho-Lrp-Speed Passion-MR33-JG-and many more
border r/c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #8944
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is there a USB link software for the V3 thats not a Beta version? I downloaded it...was able to communicate with the ESC...but I could not find any way to load no timing software...? There were only 2 options under the firmware upgrade tab...any help? Thanks...
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #8945
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you just want to run mod with no boost, is there some reason to run something other than blinky mode?

I'm finally running the ESC tonight on the rug with a 5.5, and it's fantastic. Smoothest ESC I've ever run, and the brakes are ridiculous.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #8946
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
Is there a USB link software for the V3 thats not a Beta version? I downloaded it...was able to communicate with the ESC...but I could not find any way to load no timing software...? There were only 2 options under the firmware upgrade tab...any help? Thanks...
Just set boost 0 and turbo 0,No need to change firmware...
JoJiAuE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #8947
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJiAuE View Post
Just set boost 0 and turbo 0,No need to change firmware...
S.Stew, what JoJiAuE said, just set the boost and turbo to zero, and the speedo will automatically go into "blinky" mode, with the Switch LED flashing... no need for seperate "blinky" software anymore
Old 05-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #8948
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
S.Stew, what JoJiAuE said, just set the boost and turbo to zero, and the speedo will automatically go into "blinky" mode, with the Switch LED flashing... no need for seperate "blinky" software anymore
Awesome, thanks guys !
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #8949
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
You can also just plug the LCD box into the speedy and keep pressing the third button until you get to the pre-set profiles.
Then select the blinky profile with the second button to scroll through then confirm with the fourth button when you get to the profile you want.

The third button is also the one that gives you the Temp/RPM/ Voltage min figures.
bjspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #8950
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
If you just want to run mod with no boost, is there some reason to run something other than blinky mode?

I'm finally running the ESC tonight on the rug with a 5.5, and it's fantastic. Smoothest ESC I've ever run, and the brakes are ridiculous.
Awesome to here do you have a comparison to another ESC. I am trying to decide between the new v3 and the new ORCA vx. I am currently running the ORCA MII and it is smooth, better than anything I have tried, including castle, tekin, lrp, hw, novak xdrive. I was just wondering if you had a comparison. I have not seen any reviews on it yet so I would love to hear some more feedback. If you get a chance that would be much appreciated. Thx
Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #8951
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

To me, it felt smoother and had better brakes than the LRP SXX. And by better, I mean stronger and more natural. The throttle response is butter like the Black Diamond. The BD's brakes are nonexistent, however.

The 1% increments on drag brake is really nice.

I threw -20% expo on my throttle and it made mod much, much easier. I tend to like to use a little bit of throttle to roll through corners, and mod was giving me too much. The expo really helped. I don't know if that's radio or ESC, but with this setup, the car feels like a 13.5 in the infield and a missile on the straight. I've tried this in the past when running mod with other ESC's and never liked how it felt. Personally, I think a lot of ESC's lack feel at the very tip of the trigger. It's probably why I've struggled with certain other ESC's popular in boosted racing.

I replaced the fan on the ESC with a "Seis" fan from Side Piece Racing plugged into the receiver. Unfortunately, my Hobbywing fan had a broken blade out of the package, and the lack of balance made it loud as all hell. You'll need some M2.5 screws for that fan. I got some 20mm long from McMaster Carr and cut off 2mm. The Seis fan seems to move more air than the stock one and is much quieter. It won't run of the ESC's fan header, though, due to its 6V limitation.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #8952
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Try the fan off your SXX, it plugs straight in and is about half the height of the HW one

+1 to the smoothness and brakes, best speedie I've used by a mile, and I've had them all!
Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #8953
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
To me, it felt smoother and had better brakes than the LRP SXX. And by better, I mean stronger and more natural. The throttle response is butter like the Black Diamond. The BD's brakes are nonexistent, however.

The 1% increments on drag brake is really nice.

I threw -20% expo on my throttle and it made mod much, much easier. I tend to like to use a little bit of throttle to roll through corners, and mod was giving me too much. The expo really helped. I don't know if that's radio or ESC, but with this setup, the car feels like a 13.5 in the infield and a missile on the straight. I've tried this in the past when running mod with other ESC's and never liked how it felt. Personally, I think a lot of ESC's lack feel at the very tip of the trigger. It's probably why I've struggled with certain other ESC's popular in boosted racing.

I replaced the fan on the ESC with a "Seis" fan from Side Piece Racing plugged into the receiver. Unfortunately, my Hobbywing fan had a broken blade out of the package, and the lack of balance made it loud as all hell. You'll need some M2.5 screws for that fan. I got some 20mm long from McMaster Carr and cut off 2mm. The Seis fan seems to move more air than the stock one and is much quieter. It won't run of the ESC's fan header, though, due to its 6V limitation.
Thanks, I had pretty much made up my mind, but the extra feedback always helps.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:35 PM   #8954
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Try the fan off your SXX, it plugs straight in and is about half the height of the HW one

+1 to the smoothness and brakes, best speedie I've used by a mile, and I've had them all!
That fan is no where near is powerful as the normal fan though, and glad my settings work well at SMA

Team Schumacher - Team Scorpion - Sweep Racing - Bezerk RC - Adelaide RC
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #8955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Hey David,

If HW help you out so much you could at least include them in your signature
thanks greg......have just updated it

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★