R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM   #8926
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
Yes but I had CRC bring in a motor for me and I felt I had to buy it through them...as well, the customer service from Falcon was terrible...they answered the initial email I had but none of the follow-up questions...if that is the type of customer support I can expect I have no interest in purchasing it from them....

I do wish hobbywing made their product more widely available...since I had no choice but to buy it in the US, Im going to get hosed now if there are any issues....one of the benefits of good support locally in north america with companies like Castle is that even if a problem happens, they really go the extra mile. I dont expect that with Hobbywing as they are not present here but at least I knew that going into it...
I was initially really frustrated with the lack of info around the v3 release. It's super frustrating how slow crc is with updating info regarding new releases. Overall though, my hw 1s and xtreme stock are awesome and I really like the product. On top of that, crc has been really good customer service wise with other products. I'm sure the hw stuff will be no exception.
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #8927
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 95
Default

in the middle of practise lap, my xerun 120A.V2 suddenly lose power and running slow with the blinking green light. Don't want this to happen during race
b.wihardja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #8928
Tech Elite
 
defcone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.wihardja View Post
in the middle of practise lap, my xerun 120A.V2 suddenly lose power and running slow with the blinking green light. Don't want this to happen during race
Change sensor cable.
defcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #8929
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
Yes but I had CRC bring in a motor for me and I felt I had to buy it through them...as well, the customer service from Falcon was terrible...they answered the initial email I had but none of the follow-up questions...if that is the type of customer support I can expect I have no interest in purchasing it from them....

I do wish hobbywing made their product more widely available...since I had no choice but to buy it in the US, Im going to get hosed now if there are any issues....one of the benefits of good support locally in north america with companies like Castle is that even if a problem happens, they really go the extra mile. I dont expect that with Hobbywing as they are not present here but at least I knew that going into it...
Dont be so down dude if you have an issue you talk to frank from crc he is a nice guy and will help you and if he cant i will go the extra mile for you to help not the extramile but 100 extra miles so dont worry to much we are all here to help you .

Many know how i operate i will go the extra mile to help .

regards Angelo
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #8930
Tech Elite
 
blade072's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide S.A
Posts: 2,670
Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Many know how i operate i will go the extra mile to help .

regards Angelo
+1 to that....i know you have helped me out of a pickle on more than a couple of occasions angelo....
thats why i keep coming back....
__________________
David Randall

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #8931
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,076
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Good day to all you Hobbywing guru's
I have a question for you guys.
I have a 1S 120AMP ESC(the blue one) and want to use it in a Pro10 car with a 10.5 LRP X12 motor.
It is running on 2S lipo
What is the best software to use and a basic map for this ESC?
It is for a large nitro track and the rollout is about 50MM
I am used to the Tekin's ESC but with that ESC i can use a rollout of 40 to 42.
If i use this on the HW i will fry my X12 for sure.
Currently i have the 211stock map in the ESC.

regards Roy
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:54 AM   #8932
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Cobra,

Can I remove the bar code stickers from my hw esc's or does this somehow void the warranty? Thanks,
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #8933
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
That wont happen its either one of the other and basically the without soldered wires is a warranty issue because what happens a customer who cant soldered shorts out the circuit then it is hobbywings fault you get what i mean .
If ESC is not sold with a soldered motor and battery plug, people will still have to solder wires to the motor and plugs, with the possiblity of making a short-circuit.
Now, it's right that wires on ESC are the hardest to solder... maybe it would depend on the extra-cost
FFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #8934
Tech Addict
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Are you sure that's not a strategy to make us buy the V3 immediately?
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #8935
Tech Addict
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Kudos falcon sekido for free shipping...arrived in 2 days too!



Can I run 17.5 And 13.5 without the fan ?
S.Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #8936
Tech Fanatic
 
macdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
Kudos falcon sekido for free shipping...arrived in 2 days too!



Can I run 17.5 And 13.5 without the fan ?
Cool, I was going black, but it looks like red will be ordered soon.
__________________
---------------
KO Eurus / Orca / MMP / XB2 / 22-4 /
macdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #8937
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
Cobra,

Can I remove the bar code stickers from my hw esc's or does this somehow void the warranty? Thanks,
It will void your warranty as that bar code needs to be identified when you lodge a warranty claim .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #8938
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFred View Post
If ESC is not sold with a soldered motor and battery plug, people will still have to solder wires to the motor and plugs, with the possiblity of making a short-circuit.
Now, it's right that wires on ESC are the hardest to solder... maybe it would depend on the extra-cost
read my last post there is no extra cost .
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #8939
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,342
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
It will void your warranty as that bar code needs to be identified when you lodge a warranty claim .
my bar code rubbed off during installation if you rub it lightly the writing comes off
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-MCFACTORY MOTORSPORTS-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #8940
Tech Elite
 
ta04evah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
my bar code rubbed off during installation if you rub it lightly the writing comes off
+1 The label on my Xtreme stock literally fell off after I picked up and handled it out of the box, I was able to check on the Hobbywing web site to verify that it was a genuine esc though.

Cheers
Rob.
__________________
BSR BT-4 / Turnigy / Hobbywing / Savox / Trackstar
Serpent Eyrx2 & ARC R10, Hybrid / Orca /Hobbywing /Savox / ProAmps
Castle Hill Raceway https://www.facebook.com/groups/121817254587521/
ta04evah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:47 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0