R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics

Old 07-26-2010, 03:15 AM   #856
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, I tried the 60amp model with a 13.5T geared at 7.2 fdr in touring cars. Overall very happy with the performance.

Question, though I have zero drag brake in the setting, there seems to be drake brake when coming out of top speed (e.g. turbo). But in slow or medium speed, no drag brake feeling.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #857
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
The Xtreme stock is available worldwide and it's the responsability for your local distributor which im sure there is many in europe to have supply .

If you cannot get the unit locally please send me an email and we will help you out .Same goes for you cherry is you cannot get it in the uk please email me or cannon .we will supply the world until your distributors in your country have stock

teamcobraracing@gmail.com
hi angelo,

can you please send me the specs of Xtreme stock esc along with the prices to nietzbatik@yahoo.co.id

Thanks
nietzbatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:46 PM   #858
Tech Adept

checked ebay 2nite and couldnt find any hw 120 for sale. lots of 60....... and the price has gone up......
cant find any xtreme stock either...............
mardave
xrayal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:55 PM   #859
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
checked ebay 2nite and couldnt find any hw 120 for sale. lots of 60....... and the price has gone up......
Al I just bought 2 more price is $69.90 inc shipping........

item number 390210543949 on a famous auction site.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:01 PM   #860
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
First the xtreme stock is on sale all around the world ,also the software works with the 60amp and 120 amp xerun series
Hi Angelo who is the overall 'exclusive' distributor so that they can be approached to find out where the heck we can find these units in Europe, although it is kind of you to offer, it is a little pointless us NOT having direct access in Europe.

Quote:
The Xtreme stock is available worldwide and it's the responsability for your local distributor which im sure there is many in europe to have supply .
Again any ideas who the distributors are likely to be, do hobbywing not know whom they are selling these units to or am I just being particularly THICK?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #861
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post
Hi Angelo who is the overall 'exclusive' distributor so that they can be approached to find out where the heck we can find these units in Europe, although it is kind of you to offer, it is a little pointless us NOT having direct access in Europe.

Again any ideas who the distributors are likely to be, do hobbywing not know whom they are selling these units to or am I just being particularly THICK?
if you cannot find it in google, then something is wrong with the logistics. My LHS cannot find anyone that even knows the existence of the Extreme, though they ship HW products to him. And it's not even listed on HW's website.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #862
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have found the same thing... the HW feels like it has drag brake on even with a setting of zero drag brake when compared to other speedies like tekin or lrp. I actually like the feeling it has like drage brake and dial it in and out with trim.. and your right it actually feels stronger at the end of the straight..

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Hi, I tried the 60amp model with a 13.5T geared at 7.2 fdr in touring cars. Overall very happy with the performance.

Question, though I have zero drag brake in the setting, there seems to be drake brake when coming out of top speed (e.g. turbo). But in slow or medium speed, no drag brake feeling.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
warnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #863
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayal View Post
The 120A is still there but not as cheap cause very few seem to have stock, 60A is still the same price if you like black, just no cheap blue right now.

With the reduced stock on ebay right now, it actually makes me wonder if HW is truely cutting off some of the HK market, what we could be seeing is the last of the dirt cheap old stock.

Either way though mine showed up, took nearly two weeks but I got it, looks nice though a tad large, can't complain and it still fits on my Photon, just got to maybe shorten some wires and tuck the caps behind it (new style reversed belts are handy), as soon as I pick up a battery I'm good to go out and have a play with mine.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:18 AM   #864
Tech Initiate

So why isn't there a supercharger software for the Xerun ESC using mod motors? I have been using the stock supercharger software with my 5.5T Xerun motor and the settings dialed down. They made mod supercharger software for Speedpassion but not Hobbywing.
garycoleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #865
Tech Elite

We are now trying to organise a distributor for the usa and if it cannot be accomplished we will go direct to the stores and cut out the middle man completely .The other option will be to set up an office in the us ourselves .

I will keep you all informed on the goings on .In the mean while if you guys need any assistance or support please email me at teamcobraracing@gmail.com.

I will be in china on the 4th of August for a very important meeting about worldwide supply and distribution if i have anything to do with it the pricing will be stable and the product available worldwide by mid August.

regards Angelo
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:28 AM   #866
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry2blost View Post

I will let you know by tomorrow the agent for the uk i know it's frustrating but sometimes my hands are tied but i do try my best .Im sure if you ask anyone now that you give some info and i support by email and here there support is somewhat better .Again any ideas who the distributors are likely to be, do hobbywing not know whom they are selling these units to or am I just being particularly THICK?

Your not being thick at all and your right this information needs to be known.
ok[/COLOR]
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
Old 07-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #867
Tech Elite

Hi guys it's me again

Just some info about the xtreme stock esc .

1.Smaller unit
2.Lighter
3.3/4 aluminum case
4.If your using boost and the turbo function , the esc can only support
8.5T motor and above example 10.5T 17.5T etc
5.If you disable the boost and the turbo function which is not needed
for modified racing , you can use a Motor down to a 5.5T excellent for off road and on road applications.

Using the boost on mod motors is uncontrollable and all it's going to do is not only kill your mod motor but also you esc and that will void warranty .

thanks guys .

regards Angelo
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 AM   #868
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycoleman View Post
So why isn't there a supercharger software for the Xerun ESC using mod motors? I have been using the stock supercharger software with my 5.5T Xerun motor and the settings dialed down. They made mod supercharger software for Speedpassion but not Hobbywing.
u should try the 528MOD software. it was awesome n very fast.
Tamiya TRF-416X, Tamiya TRF-417
Hobbywing Xerun 120A, Xerun 3.5t, Team Orion 11.5t, Xerun 5.5t
RL.2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #869
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycoleman View Post
Its all hobbywing even the 528 mod ,518 stock and the 508 no timing it all hobbywing .I have the latest so if you need it please email me at teamcobraracing@gmail.com and i would be pleased to add you onto the email list for future updates .

The xtreme stock esc yes can run the 528 mod software with no boost but only down to a 5.5T motor nothing less or you will burn it out .
Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 AM   #870
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi guys it's me again

Just some info about the xtreme stock esc .

1.Smaller unit
2.Lighter
3.3/4 aluminum case
4.If your using boost and the turbo function , the esc can only support
8.5T motor and above example 10.5T 17.5T etc
5.If you disable the boost and the turbo function which is not needed
for modified racing , you can use a Motor down to a 5.5T excellent for off road and on road applications.

Using the boost on mod motors is uncontrollable and all it's going to do is not only kill your mod motor but also you esc and that will void warranty .

thanks guys .

regards Angelo
yeah i got a blue one.....wanted black but works the same....i hooked it up with a sp v3 10.5......it scares me lol...

AWESOMATIX A800 ★ MUCHMORE ★ R1 WURKS ★
TEAM XRAY X116 ★ SANWA M12 ★ SILVERBACK ★
HOBBYWING ★ RCMAKER ★ VOLANTE RC ★
blade072 is offline   Reply With Quote